• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Such tenacity, I could never do this lol.

Cell and freeza are both on the inactive list and both fully translated.

The dokkaned Gohan from 35 cell medals once STR cell comes out is not translated yet, that's what I was referring to.

I pulled Zamasu from my single today. The one banner unit i didnt want. I guess my shitty villains team is decent now with a friend Rose Black.

Looking at Trunks, not really worth the grind unless its the INT Rage one.. Glad I didn't spend resources on him.

Durden77

One good/curseful part of my job is that it is so mundane that I barely even have to think about it. This game is perfect to play constantly through the day while I work to get through the day quicker. If it wasn't for that I don't know if I would have done that INT Trunks grind.

But as crazy as it was, it seems to be worth it so far. He's already hitting around 300k undokkaned with about 8 orbs.

Ashodin

ok one more pull

cNRIncC.gif

redeemed

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did a "fuck it my power is out but I can manage a 3g signal" yolo. It was bad.

Tamanon

Banned
Heh, my Goku Black on my Rose team just critted Trunk's next to last form for over 1 million, then did an additional attack for 900 thousand. Potential and links make some of the fights silly.

Yeah the dupe system can really turn a fight into something trivial.

Gogeta once super and crit x2 for over 5 million thanks to bulma and wt announcer str lol.

ffvorax

lol ok...

Can someone suggest me a good team to do the event?

https://dbz.space/box/ffvorax

(I have medals to dokkan all the Vegeta Blue I have, but I still didn't do that, if it helps... also have dokkan medals for Gohan, Buu and some others... too many coins so I'm waiting... XD)

Gogeta & FP Frieza & TEQ Vegito are SP10 and 2 dupe path opened

Goku SSj3 STR is SA3 I think, no dupe path opened but I activated all the path until possible

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
All three supers do Immense Damage this time. First one Lowers Defense, Second Raises attack greatly, Third deals 7% damage to self. Passive is 120% at start of turn and extra 30% attack and -30% defense for the first 7 turns.

insanekyo

Neo Member
lol ok...

Can someone suggest me a good team to do the event?

https://dbz.space/box/ffvorax

(I have medals to dokkan all the Vegeta Blue I have, but I still didn't do that, if it helps... also have dokkan medals for Gohan, Buu and some others... too many coins so I'm waiting... XD)

Gogeta & FP Frieza & TEQ Vegito are SP10 and 2 dupe path opened

Goku SSj3 STR is SA3 I think, no dupe path opened but I activated all the path until possible

Your best bet maybe:

Vegito Blue (Leader)
SS3 Goku
Gogeta
AGL SSB Goku
Future Mai (Stunner)
Golden Frieza (Blocker)
Vegito Blue (Friend)

ffvorax

Your best bet maybe:

Vegito Blue (Leader)
SS3 Goku
Gogeta
AGL SSB Goku
Future Mai (Stunner)
Golden Frieza (Blocker)
Vegito Blue (Friend)

I'll try thx! ;)

I still have to get how best rotate chars, but I eventually will

EDIT.
Ok that team works fine, I just changed Mai (INT) with Gotenks (STR) dokkaned right now, just because is more convenient against PHY VB attacks... stun is much more rare, but I can do it. I guess if an all STR team with a LR broly friend could work... :\

So 77medals, 2 runs done 9 runs to go! :D

All these recycled cards, yet still no Tapion.
or a actually good hit card.

Also isn't kind of bad that PHY Godtenks links well with Vegito Blue. You want him to get around 11-9 ki to deal more damage and with the Over in the flash and fused fighter link, you give gotenks 11 ki at the start.

Durden77

Fuck yeah VB dokkan event is back. Was gonna be agony waiting for that after I just pulled him.

And yeah, I continue to not agree with this recycling of old strong cards at all. Really stupid. Especially because Gogeta, Janemba, and Godtenks are all still good.

I'm rrally not looking forward to the SSJ4 releases and beyond, but I'm having a lot of fun now.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys know cards don't drop out of existence because there's a different card with the same name, right?

I don't care who gets a rebirth/recycle as long as this guy does at some point.

Was my first SSR pull and I still use him in my AGL team, but he's starting to get a little outclassed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Changes have been made by Bandai in an in-game announcement

Passive Before: ATK 120%UP & for 7 turns ATK 30%UP and DEF 30%DOWN
Passive changed to: ATK 120%UP & for 7 turns ATK 60%UP and DEF 30%DOWN

12 Ki Super Before: Immense Damage, inflict 7% of HP as damage to self
12 Ki Super changed to: Immense Damage, for 1 turn raise ATK

Well that makes him much better, was there that much of a backlash to change him that much. That improves Super PHY
While making my Arale more valuable

Edit: JP making Dokkan events rotate permanently. Fucking finally, can't wait for this to come to GBL

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh awesome. 500+ stones sitting waiting for him and I think 9 elder kai's. That will be all neo god heroes at max SA! Well provided I get him anyway. Fingers crossed VB is on the banner too so I can finally assemble the ultimate rainbow team.

Hope not, my VB is all maxed out heh. Hope they put Vegeta or Gogeta in there, need dupes.

Syntsui

So they really are out of ideas with all these recycled cards huh? They will probably save SSJ4 Gogeta for when the revenue goes down.

Good day today

I went from having pretty much no options for a super team to this pretty boss super team after just 6 singles.

Good Dokkan week. Now I'm just conflicted on using super or extreme because my Rose team is boss af too.

Its funny cause weren't you the one bitching a week back about pulling Rs back to back? lol

Or was that someone else? Anyways glad to see a lot of us got good pulls. Almost done with the 77 Zamasu medals. Just need to farm his SA after that. ;_;

Hope not, my VB is all maxed out heh. Hope they put Vegeta or Gogeta in there, need dupes.

I'm genuinely surprised I don't have him yet. I sank around 600-700 stones on banners he's been on and still not one appearance :/ We need some good PHY units on the banner with him though and the choice is slim.

That said, if he's not on there I'm not going to be too bothered since I expect the next neo god to be the replacement of him anyway. To be honest I can't think of any other direction they could go after Gotenks. Thinking about it, it's crazy that the entire new hero meta will be rolled out by tomorrow. Not sure what else they can do from here in general.

I'm genuinely surprised I don't have him yet. I sank around 600-700 stones on banners he's been on and still not one appearance :/ We need some good PHY units on the banner with him though and the choice is slim.

That said, if he's not on there I'm not going to be too bothered since I expect the next neo god to be the replacement of him anyway. To be honest I can't think of any other direction they could go after Gotenks. Thinking about it, it's crazy that the entire new hero meta will be rolled out by tomorrow. Not sure what else they can do from here in general.

I know

170% leads babyyyyy let's goooooo let's run this thing into the ground

for real though. that's the gacha strategy. Release better and better stuff until the game dies because people get tired of it and the game doesn't attract enough new people to keep going. Dokkan's design is so limiting, and they've already put themselves in this corner when they started putting out the 70% god leads. There is nowhere to go but up at this point. Who cares about sidegrades? In dokkan, damage is king, and leader skills are half the game. Not only that, the well is pretty much dry on new characters, with a few exceptions. Wasn't there a new DBZ mobile game announced recently? Wouldn't be surprised to see this taper off around that time if that's the case.

Durden77

Its funny cause weren't you the one bitching a week back about pulling Rs back to back? lol

Or was that someone else? Anyways glad to see a lot of us got good pulls. Almost done with the 77 Zamasu medals. Just need to farm his SA after that. ;_;

I mean the Broly banner was a wasteland of sadness for me but I don't recall that specifically. I know how this game goes at this point. RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrSSRyoudontneedrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsss....

That's why I was suprised I made out so good on this banner. I WAS talking about slowing down on this game around the Broly banner but this has helped reinvigorate it for me.

I know

for real though. that's the gacha strategy. Release better and better stuff until the game dies because people get tired of it and the game doesn't attract enough new people to keep going. Dokkan's design is so limiting, and they've already put themselves in this corner when they started putting out the 70% god leads. There is nowhere to go but up at this point. Who cares about sidegrades? In dokkan, damage is king, and leader skills are half the game. Not only that, the well is pretty much dry on new characters, with a few exceptions. Wasn't there a new DBZ mobile game announced recently? Wouldn't be surprised to see this taper off around that time if that's the case.

50% increase each time? lol

Speaking of Neo Gods. I like how 2 are SSJ4s and the other 2 are SSJ3s and throw in the fusion of the SSJ4s in base SSJ LOL.

Meanwhile the villains have 2 movie villains and 1 canon villain and 1 GT villain.

I know

I was hoping for this actually. As much as I've enjoyed DB:DB it's worrying to see the direction the game has been heading and with such speed. I'm definitely down for a new DBZ gacha. Has there been any details on it or just announced that one was in the works?

Durden77

I few months ago I thought there was no fucking way they'd make a sequel to this game and they would just keep expanding on the OG, but with the way the game is developing now at such a rapid rate, I really could see them goong for that at this point.

There is a ton of shit back-end wise in this game that is built extremely poorly and is inherently limiting where it can go. Really all they can do at this point os increase the damage, which is what rhey're doing until it dies.

But the idea of Dokkan now is too popular and makes too much money. So I could definitely see them running this into the ground and getting as much money as they can off it, and then cranking out a far better produced sequel that can capitalize on the market even more. People will bitch and cry if stuff doesn't carry over, but will get over it and they know that. Hell as much time killing as this game does for me, there's a lot about it's structure that I think is ancient and abysmal, even at it's release and it's far more noticeable now. I'd be down for a sequel that was better produced for longevity even with the money I've spent in it.

Yeah if this was meant to be a long-term product they would've overhauled it by now. The menus, the friend system, the shop interface - all this stuff is super dated. Hell it probably was when it came out.

What sucks most about the transient nature of this is that they make SO MUCH MONEY off of doing very, very little. I have no idea how many people work on this game but it feels like a skeleton crew. The sad thing is there's no reason to believe they'd do anything very differently if they made another mobile DBZ game. It's a winning strategy - design a cheap product meant to make a lot of money in a short time, and who cares if it has no longevity? They can crank out another cheap game a few years later and repeat the whole process, because the mobile audience is fickle and enormous.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Got PHY Arale to SA 10 and then realized I don't have enough medals to Dokkan her.

Forever tormented by her.

Top Bottom