• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Discovered this game yesterday. I kept restarting until I got some good pulls and I am enamored with Goku Black and the team I've been running. Part of me thinks the game is way too basic and the other part of me is like, "I love watching these animations."

Welcome! I highly recommend rerolling for an account with at least one of the 2 SSJ4 units, but if you wanna stick with it that's fine too. There's a fair amount of depth as far as team-building goes and which units to pair up in battle etc., but yeah the actual "gameplay" is dead simple... it's all meta-game stuff. The OP has lots of good resources, as does the subreddit and the wiki.

I really wish there wasn't a cap on the amount of points a high winning streak gives. I deserve it more than these fools.

OzEh2sc.jpg

Damn...you going for sub 10k or even better? I'm just trying for sub 30k. Gonna need to use a few more DS to get there though :/

I hope I'm not too late - absolutely not, lowering defense barely does anything outside of Broly. Go for crits.
Nah you're good. I forgot about him and didn't finish him. Thanks

Welcome to the game! It can be very basic but thats how phone games work right. Hope you stick around and have fun pulling and getting salty like the rest of us lol.

I actually started up this game because of Kizuna Ai on youtube. She did a video that was full of summons that didn't go the way she wanted and it was the funniest thing ever. DBZ dumps the chance for a ton of summons right off the bat so that's what got me hooked.

(Please ignore my team. I accidentally clicked the wrong one.)

True story, I was on cruise control earlier today, just got win 17. Went to go again, pick Super Vegito Friend, start, aaaaaaand I for some reason had my janky TEQ team.
This was on 20x too.
Immediately lost. Bye bye streak.

Seriously, before you start your prelims, there needs to be a big popup after hitting Start that says "HEY DUMBASS YOU'RE USING AN AGL CARD ON AN ALL TEQ TEAM. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA DO THIS?"
Or... you know... something like that.

Yeah, haven't played since 6am and just checked, went from rank 6k to 9k. Hopefully it's still manageable when I get home tonight.
damn. Goodluck competition is fierce. I usually do 20k but I'm settling for 30k

I actually started up this game because of Kizuna Ai on youtube. She did a video that was full of summons that didn't go the way she wanted and it was the funniest thing ever. DBZ dumps the chance for a ton of summons right off the bat so that's what got me hooked.
I know that feeling all too well.

weshes195

Having taken a break around a month to 2 months ago, I came back at a great time! All this great stuff and I was able to get both Goku and Vegeta saiyan 4.

I ended up doing the Super 3 in the boss rush (hardest difificutly) with a Str team of Goku 4, Gogeta, Super Saiyan God Goku, Omega Shenron, Beerus and Saiyan 3 Vegeta (the tank).

I only needed to use 1 senzu bean to win the whole thing. The team is sooooo OP lol
Darn Zamasu making me use the Senzu :(

Imagine if I had LR Broly.... That is an insane team

Having taken a break around a month to 2 months ago, I came back at a great time! All this great stuff and I was able to get both Goku and Vegeta saiyan 4.

I ended up doing the Super 3 in the boss rush (hardest difificutly) with a Str team of Goku 4, Gogeta, Super Saiyan God Goku, Omega Shenron, Beerus and Saiyan 3 Vegeta (the tank).

I only needed to use 1 senzu bean to win the whole thing. The team is sooooo OP lol
Darn Zamasu making me use the Senzu :(

Imagine if I had LR Broly.... That is an insane team

O right, haven't seen you around here for a while lol. Boss rush is a great way to get DS, wish I saved the stones to pull on the SSJ4 banner to have more disappointment, I didn't get enough yet.

Just lost my 19th match

:):):):):):):):):):)

Ouch. How'd it go down?

weshes195

O right, haven't seen you around here for a while lol. Boss rush is a great way to get DS, wish I saved the stones to pull on the SSJ4 banner to have more disappointment, I didn't get enough yet.

Yeah life happened so I thought it was for the best to take a break. But now I'm back so yay! Yeah i was just lucky i spent every one of my stones though lol also too late to try to get me gohan (I did get 2 attempts though!).

I actually just got the trunks that got a dokkan with vegeta s4. He is actually amazing, hits 230,000 (SA 1) in mono str team. Gonna replace godku (only hits around 180,000).

linkent

Both new cards is really good.
Super AGI with 2.5 super counter and 1.5 normal counter.

Kale is even better than phy broly.

Edit: 80 wins. Rank 9k. Local 3.
What about you guys?

Xanru

Both new cards is really good.
Super AGI with 2.5 super counter and 1.5 normal counter.

Kale is even better than phy broly.

Edit: 80 wins. Rank 9k. Local 3.
What about you guys?

Rank 40-somethingk and 20-something in local. Kinda had no motivation this WT. Which surprised me because I said the same thing for the last 3 and still went pretty ham.

Aiii

So not worth it
This 3.6.0 update, though:
Changes
- "Categories" has been added
- Clear times of stages will now be shown (same as GLB)
- History of gasha pulls can now be seen
- Some UI changes
- Bug fixes

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Best part about this new jp update are the changed links. Zfighters went from a 500atk up link to 15% atk up. If only the cards were better lol

According to DBZ space I'm at 27k, which is about what I wanted, below 30k is fine for me this time around.

Not sure if it's updated fully though. Doubt I fell 3k spots though since I was around 27k at the 16minute mark.

Also when they get rid of the hackers, if there are any, then my spot is even more secure.

linkent

Rank 40-somethingk and 20-something in local. Kinda had no motivation this WT. Which surprised me because I said the same thing for the last 3 and still went pretty ham.
Have some time on the weekend so i decide ld to do it.
Seriously tho the reward is not worth it.
Basically spending 10 gems for a Vegeta and 2 silver gssr. To go 20k to 10k.
I got 2 of the same Goku Black. what should I do? Just ignore one?
Farm his TEQ version to SA10.
Use the hidden potential to open the lower right path.

Xanru

Best part about this new jp update are the changed links. Zfighters went from a 500atk up link to 15% atk up. If only the cards were better lol

It's actually pretty sad when you see how phased out some links became. There's all of 9 TURs that have zfighters, two of which are joke Yamcha's. And several units that straight up lost the link upon dokkaning. Granted INT Buffku and Int adult Gohan have it and thanks to Buffku's passive they have +50% attack between the two of them.

Team Int Kamehameha getting even better.

Thankfully Brutal beat down wasn't as bad off. And villains now have another central damage link.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah the Brutal Beatdown and Majin link changes are probably the biggest ones in terms of making teams better. Warrior Gods change really only makes good cards better though. I think it widens the gap in terms of SSB and SSBKK's damage I believe.

SSB Goku and Vegeta now link for 50% attack (+700 attack but that doesn't really matter) just like SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta do.

dbz.space doesn't track further than 50.000 does it?

you just have to enter your ID which you can find by going to friends then friend search.

edit: it also takes sometime to update, so if you're not there yet just keep checking back. I initially saw 50 instead of 50k because I'm tired lol.

ffvorax

Got all the reward in this WT.

I should be around 54k global and around 15-18 on local... and I played a LOT for my std... all in 20x without never losing... :\
Damn is impossible to do better for me.

Got a lot of shitty pulls until now and dupes, still no SSJ4, used all the stones I had on that damn banner... :,(

Meneses

I went to 35 wins to try to keep under 20 local rank to get all the medals I need for LR Piccolo + a bunch of other awakenings, but i'm pretty sure i won't make it, unless there was a bunch of cheaters ahead of me (I was at 18 when I went to sleep).

Overall I was at 40k something lulz.

The good news is that the next tournaments will not be anniversary specials and the rewards won't be nearly as good, so it will be easier to ignore the WT.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
HiXrg4C.png

With my last 20 stamina in a bar I got this in a final round. Figured I'd go to bed on that high note. I think I'm around 7k rank.

I got like 24k global rank with around 45 wins. Kind of insane. We say it every WT but it's more true with every single one: they really need to rework the ranking system into top % of players. I'd prefer they get rid of it altogether and make all rewards deterministic but that's never gonna happen. As long as I stayed top 10 local (was 9 when I went to bed) I'm satisfied.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I feel like they adjusted rewards twice in relation to growing population but haven't in the last year.

Needing 80 wins to be top 10k this tourney is nuts. And that still might not be enough, some guy in my local had like 20 more wins than me and I was still ranked over him.

Sometimes, when I'm really frustrated at Dokkan Battle, I'll go do the Beerus event and smack him in the face with TEQ SSB Nuke-geta. It just feels so good.

I'm basically out of stuff to do, so I'm just grinding Gems and levelling up. My team cost doesn't allow me to use LR Androids on any half-decent team, so I guess this is the best option right now.

I feel like they adjusted rewards twice in relation to growing population but haven't in the last year.

Needing 80 wins to be top 10k this tourney is nuts. And that still might not be enough, some guy in my local had like 20 more wins than me and I was still ranked over him.

It's all about dem points. If you can't rock x20 at a decent clip, you're gonna have to work too hard to stay up in rank.

ffvorax

I think they should change the position number for rewards... I feel the local to be nonsense...

20 to 50 have the seame prize? Why? And then from 1 to 20 we have so many difference...

The number of player increased too much to keep it like this.

Is the AGL ss goku in babas shop good?
Also what is the best stage for farming treasures?

He's great for a World Tournament team (and other starter AGL teams). Here are the reasons:
-Farmable Super Attack
-Super Attacks early (at 8 Ki I think)
-Prepared for Battle link to give +2 Ki (as well as other SS links for damage)
-Passive gives +2 Ki to all allies
-His Dokkan's passive increases to +2 Ki and +20% ATK to all allies
-Low team cost (Good for newer players)

I don't use him anymore for events, but he was a staple in my AGL WT team this time around for all the Ki boosts.

Welcome! I highly recommend rerolling for an account with at least one of the 2 SSJ4 units, but if you wanna stick with it that's fine too. There's a fair amount of depth as far as team-building goes and which units to pair up in battle etc., but yeah the actual "gameplay" is dead simple... it's all meta-game stuff. The OP has lots of good resources, as does the subreddit and the wiki.

I decided to take this advice, but when I restarded it seems like I got a ton less dragon stones. Am I screwed?

Top Bottom