• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle released in the west for IOS and Android

chrono01

Thanks.
My SR was Recoome, also STR.

Hope you get one soon as well. The sooner you get it, you can still benefit from the 1 stone per day event.
Yeah, I'm hoping I can manage an SSR before reset tomorrow so I can get that extra stone. I haven't had a chance to re-roll yet today, but I'll get on it later tonight!

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, I'm hoping I can manage an SSR before reset tomorrow so I can get that extra stone. I haven't had a chance to re-roll yet today, but I'll get on it later tonight!
I've pretty much given up on rerolling :(

I'm playing through the story and seeing what my rolls give me and if it gets too hard early on I'll restart but otherwise my two SR's have been great.

One annoying thing about the combat system is that when you start on a Rainbow colored orb it will always take you down the longest path, not the best path.

chrono01

I've pretty much given up on rerolling :(

I'm playing through the story and seeing what my rolls give me and if it gets too hard early on I'll restart but otherwise my two SR's have been great.
Yeah, nothing wrong with two SR!

Speaking of, I'm re-rolling again now for an SSR. I'm saving any account with two SR [via transfer device] and will post them here when I'm finished. I have one so far, hopefully I'll receive more as I go along.

One annoying thing about the combat system is that when you start on a Rainbow colored orb it will always take you down the longest path, not the best path.

Yeah this kinda annoyed me. You can't 'draw' the path and sometimes when you go to clear a first row, a random orb falls down instead of the one you want.

Stider

For those who want to level up quickly, make sure to use the wish for more items(2nd wish). You get a bunch of training grounds that give massive boosts to xp. The best one, Kaio-shins world, gives 50000 xp per training partner, for a total of 250k! Only get one of those, but a bunch of others as well and a lot of support items.

Edit: For anyone having trouble with the Vegeta event, make sure you have gotten Goku and Gohan from their respective events as both are TEC which is strong against Vegeta's AGI.

Managed to get both the R Kid Gohan and the R Goku from the events but holy crap that SR Vegeta event kicked my ass.

Yeah the first two are pretty easy. Getting Vegeta might take a while. I have done the hard version about five times and I have not been able to get him. I tried Z hard and he killed me with one shot. He used Galic Gun for 17,000 plus damage.

I used my wish to get more dragon stones and it gave me 10.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This game isn't hard at all. You literally just have to touch the screen and it does everything. I got to level 5 with my SR Goku and friends and it wasn't much more than picking the right orbs. :( The table top looks good, but it's such an easy and simple concept that I'm left thinking this game would be best for 5 minute intervals here and there.

This game would have been awesome, but the puzzle mechanic is so simple. I like how the damage is dealt afterwards though.

They did a lot with the art for such a simple game. I feel bad we don't get anything other than this. There's a ton of great concepts to this game. It just doesn't keep my attention after a while.

You don't have to move the pieces. The only thing you can move are your character's position in line.

LProtag

I thought I'd give it a try. Got SSR Vegeta, so that's nice.

Not sure if it's interesting enough to stick with, even as a time waster mobile game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I thought I'd give it a try. Got SSR Vegeta, so that's nice.

Not sure if it's interesting enough to stick with, even as a time waster mobile game.

I'll take the account if you don't want it. PM me the change device codes if you feel generous.
Been rerolling for 2 days.

chrono01

I'm still re-rolling for that SSR. I'm up to five double SR accounts, and will post them here once I'm finished [or in the OT, whatever comes first -_-].

Wazzy

Banned
Beat Goku and Gohan event so now I'm working on SR Vegeta.

I'm going to start saving my shards until a rate up event because just regularily spending them hasn't gotten me great pulls.

Still rerolling for that SSR. I think I've gone through the entire Ginyu force. =|

Also, that feeling when you get Super Saiyan Goku, shooting the meteor to reveal....regular Goku. Screw you Goku. =(

chrono01

Hohoho just pulled a agi SSR SSJ GOKU :)
Lucky you, congrats.

I don't know what re-roll I'm on by now. Must easily be in the hundreds. Part of me is saying "JUST GO WITH ONE OF THOSE DOUBLE SR ACCOUNTS!", and yet...here I am re-rolling.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i was wondering...are the SSR units you guys are rolling for gacha exclusive ? Or could you evolve a regular SR Sen Goku to an SSR version ?

Nh83c03.png

I did it! Took me maybe 8 hours...

Sweet...congrats !!

Raxious

So i was wondering...are the SSR units you guys are rolling for gacha exclusive ? Or could you evolve a regular SR Sen Goku to an SSR version ?

Sweet...congrats !!

They are Gacha exclusive. However, you can evolve S / SR / SSR.

For example, the SR Goku:
RCmVffK.jpg

will become:

CBJCkxL.jpg

chrono01

After around six hours of re-rolling [probably more]...

Finally, it's done!

As for the double accounts I earned along the way [with the numerous restarts], I have six of them. The ones up for grabs are:

Giveaway1

Exploding Rage Gohan [Kid]
Leader Skill: ATK increased by 25% when HP is 30% or below
Super - Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Cunning Strategy Dr. Gero
Leader Skill: INT Type ATK increased by 25%
Super: Causes huge damage to opponent

Giveaway2

Universal Assassin Mercenary Tao
Leader Skill: AGL Type Ki x2
Super: Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Power Unleashed Android #16
Leader Skill: PHY Type HP and ATK increased by 20%

Giveaway3

Exploding Rage Gohan [Kid]
Super - Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Reckless Rage Dodoria
Leader Skill: TEQ, STR and PHY Type increased by 20%
Super: Causes huge damage to oppenent

Giveaway4

Martial Guidance Master Roshi
Leader Skill: AGL Type ATK increased by 25%

Dauntless Runner Android #17
Leader Skill: ATK increased by 15% when HP is 50% or above

Giveaway5

Android Evolution Cell (1st Form)
Leader Skill: AGL Type ATK increased by 25%

Beautiful But Deadly Android #18
Leader Skill: Ki +1 when HP is 50% or above

Giveaway6

Determined Defender Goku
Leader Skill: AGL, INT, and PHY Type Ki +1

Genius of War Vegeta

Just send me a PM if any of these interest you, first-come first-serve. I'll try to edit this as soon as I can [heading to bed shortly, so it probably won't be until later] and remove the ones that are no longer available.

Labrys

random question, sorry, but do we know the scope of characters that are available? Launch is my favorite and it'd be cool if she was in the game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats chrono01 - dedication being rewarded Vegeta is fitting :-D

I dont know if or how long i will play the game....but if your Giveaway 6 account is still avaible at the end of the day and no one else needs it i would take it,
They are Gacha exclusive. However, you can evolve S / SR / SSR.

Thanks , okay thats actually cool - so you can start with an SR character and level/evolve him down the line - sounds good.

chrono01

Congrats chrono01 - dedication being rewarded Vegeta is fitting :-D

I dont know if or how long i will play the game....but if your Giveaway 6 account is still avaible at the end of the day and no one else needs it i would take it,
Thanks. I was beginning to lose hope, but I finally made it.

I don't mind temporarily holding account 6 for you. If, at the end of the day you don't want it, I'll make it up for grabs again. It's up to you!

I haven't gotten any responses regarding any of them yet, but then most are probably re-rolling for an SSR [if they're super patient]. It took me a long time though, but then I might have been unlucky. There's also no increased SSR event going on, so that didn't help things.

Regardless, two SR isn't bad at all, especially since you can later evolve them to SSR.

Congrats chrono!

This SR Vegeta event seems difficult. Hope he sticks around a bit.
Thanks!

I haven't gotten around to doing many of the events yet, but I'm working through them now. I'll probably need to level a few of my units before I tackle the more extreme stuff.

chrono01

Am I missing something, seems likes it's "tap shit until win". No strategy involved.
There's some strategy. Type advantages/disadvantages, as well as trying to predict where certain orbs will fall so you can chain multiple together of the same type as the attacking unit.

Some of it is definitely luck, since you don't really know which orbs will spawn, but you can somewhat plan ahead when you see what's on the field.

Raxious

Just a few ideas for the title of the OT. I'm not sure if you already have one in-mind Raxious, but I was bored. :/

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Kamehameha! Straight to your wallet
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Cell your soul to the Gatcha Gods
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| It's pronounced "sai-yan", just say-an

Nice, gimme some more OT titles guys :)

I'm horrible at this, all I could come up with was:

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Super Super Rare Goku

Dandte

Congrats to all the ssr, also even got the 16 costs versions nice!

One thing that really bothers me...i'm ok with it that they use pst for flash events, but then they should do it twice a day like op tc. I can't attempt a single flash training event :/

re-rolling is boring, just rock with what you get!

I'm kind of glad that I stuck with Ginyu as his team skill is +25% hp bonus which means I can take more punishment in boss battles easily.

Top Bottom