• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle released in the west for IOS and Android

Mazre

Been re-rolling all day. Nothing but R's all day from second pull, finally at least got a second SR. So naturally it was Krillin from pull one, and Krillin from pull two. =/

Cruxist

Just "Z Awakened" the default Tien and he's actually pretty good so far. I really want to build out a Ginyu force team, but my pulls have all been junk after the first freebie one.

i thought it was only me. Android 17 was my pull and my R characters are already beating him in stats by a decent margain. On reroll 10 currently.

I think its just that R's level up faster and will hit their potential faster, but SRs will level up more and have higher overall stats at max-level.

I'm kind of waiting for this game to lose its appeal. The only other mobile game I play Love Live! and that keeps me entertained because there's a constant skill test of being able to Full Combo songs. With this, its more of the constant "Get stronger-face harder enemies," but the tactics and gameplay doesn't change. In a mobile game that can be tough because you'll feel that at some point you're gated by the game rather than gated by your own skill. Not sure when that point will come, I've yet to be impeded by the stamina system so far. Though, I've mostly been grinding out the Awaken Medals daily quest on Hard.

Dawg

OT is in progress, hopefully tomorrow or sunday ;)

*o*

Currently rocking an SR Goku team. I simply don't have the attention span to keep rerolling. Game is pretty fun. Your units get experience after beating enemies! I love it. That's the thing I don't like about OPTC, you can only level up using feeder units. When there are no turtle events, the game can go really slow ;_;

akileese

I'm not that far in and I'm honestly debating spending a night rerolling for SSR Goku/Vegeta. I'm at the point where I'm just not sure it's worth it though considering I just got kid Gohan and all my chars are level 20. It really is a now or never situation.

Yaari

Done a few rerolls so far but never even had a SSJ Goku for my second pull yet haha. This will take a while.

Delio

Rerolled all afternoon and night and now today. FINALLY

YjpN_4cO-LnZrujeQId3uR_7hOidksE0PYfIqLx_weQ

chrono01

I'm going to start the re-roll process again later tonight, in the hopes of getting an SSR. I will not stop until I'm successful!

Wazzy

Banned
Huh. I was rerolling and I just finished reinstalling and when I was getting ready to do tutorial it downloaded and skipped the whole tutorial and gave me Yamcha as my pull and that was it. It did allow me to do the gift pull but it was weird.

Ashodin

Huh. I was rerolling and I just finished reinstalling and when I was getting ready to do tutorial it downloaded and skipped the whole tutorial and gave me Yamcha as my pull and that was it. It did allow me to do the gift pull but it was weird.

They might have patched in fast rerolling. Idk

chrono01

You've become so familiar with the re-roll procedure that you're now able to bend space/time itself and skip the tutorial entirely.

You're the one true Gatcha God.

Just curious, but is there any value to the "trash" Normals? In Love Live you would get rewards for maxing out Normals and collecting all the characters. Just curious because I've just been using them to feed to others so far.

Miletius

What's rerolling? I don't really get it, or why people are doing it. The game is a fun timewaster so far, but I can't see myself playing it for a long time once I've beaten all the story things

chrono01

What's rerolling? I don't really get it, or why people are doing it. The game is a fun timewaster so far, but I can't see myself playing it for a long time once I've beaten all the story things
"Re-rolling" is where you continually start over (by deleting the game's data) until you get a nice starting pull. Given that the gatcha in-game costs currency to use, by re-rolling you're able to try as many times as you want for free, until you get something rare (or, in this case, SSR).

Miletius

"Re-rolling" is where you continually start over (by deleting the game's data) until you get a nice starting pull. Given that the gatcha in-game costs currency to use, by re-rolling you're able to try as many times as you want for free, until you get something rare (or, in this case, SSR).

But if your first char is always SR, then does rerolling do something? Or are you just using the crystals you accumulate at the start to see what you get?

Wazzy

Banned
They might have patched in fast rerolling. Idk
I don't think so since my roll sucked and I reinstalled and now I have to do tutorial again. ; ;

Plus the download time was much longer when this happened but still faster than tutorial.
You've become so familiar with the re-roll procedure that you're now able to bend space/time itself and skip the tutorial entirely.

You're the one true Gatcha God.
Mwhahahaha

I demand we both get Goku or Vegeta as our SSR. Who do you prefer?

But if your first char is always SR, then does rerolling do something? Or are you just using the crystals you accumulate at the start to see what you get?
You get two rolls, one in the beginning where you always get an SR and one more after completing the tutorial which is the roll that allows you to get a SSR but you also can roll crappy R characters which is why rerolling is a pain.

Yaari

Theres the second roll, that's the one you need. In some games these rolls cost like 5$ each time you try. So if you reroll 20 times, you've saved a fair bunch of money trying to get that SSR.

Miletius

Theres the second roll, that's the one you need. In some games these rolls cost like 5$ each time you try. So if you reroll 20 times, you've saved a fair bunch of money trying to get that SSR.

I don't remember a second roll. I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I got a 1st Stage Feiza and some scrubs. I also did the event to get Chibi Gohan, I guess, but that's more of a guarantee.

Raxious

Keep in mind that to my understanding the JP version actually has events where the SSR chance is increased, so don't worry to much if u don't pull a SSR right now. As long as you get a SR Goku, Frieza, Cell etc. you should be fine. Also, you can upgrade SR to SSR ;)

Been trying to get Vegeta, but after 6 normal games he still hasn't dropped :(

chrono01

As Wazzy said, the fit pull is always an SR but the second has a chance to be a R, SR, or SSR. We're re-rolling for that SSR.

Mwhahahaha

I demand we both get Goku or Vegeta as our SSR. Who do you prefer?
I would happily take either, but I guess I'd have to go with Goku. He is the poster boy for DBZ, after all.

Wazzy

Banned
^ excellent because I wanted Vegeta. :p

Now we both will get who we want. It's a must.
I don't remember a second roll. I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I got a 1st Stage Feiza and some scrubs. I also did the event to get Chibi Gohan, I guess, but that's more of a guarantee.
You'll be gifted 5 shards which you use to do the second roll. Check your gift box for all the goodies they're giving right now!

So has anyone gotten that vegeta off the event? Is it just a random chance with higher chances on higher difficulties? I wonder if there are farmable cards other than the cell jrs and soldiers and stuff.

Raxious

So has anyone gotten that vegeta off the event? Is it just a random chance with higher chances on higher difficulties? I wonder if there are farmable cards other than the cell jrs and soldiers and stuff.

yea, the higher the difficulty is, the higher the droprate.

Miletius

^ excellent because I wanted Vegeta. :p

Now we both will get who we want. It's a must.

You'll be gifted 5 shards which you use to do the second roll. Check your gift box for all the goodies they're giving right now!

I don't think I got one, but I do have 20 shards now. I dunno if I'm gonna stress too much about it, but it would be nice to confirm if I did or did not. Everybody starts with Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaotzu? Or is that just my draw?

Raxious

I don't think I got one, but I do have 20 shards now. I dunno if I'm gonna stress too much about it, but it would be nice to confirm if I did or did not. Everybody starts with Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaotzu? Or is that just my draw?

everyone gets them ;)

Wazzy

Banned
If you have 20 shards 5 of them are probably the gifted ones :p

Use them to pull some new characters to see your second pull!

Cool. Those were my aforementioned scrubs, I think I also have a Saibaman and a Cell Jr, a Gun toting soldier and Chibi Gohan (who is not a scrub, well, not exactly)

I awoke my little Z fighter cast to rare and they -seem- pretty legit. I got Goku on my SR and the event gohan gets the "Z-Fighter" bonus too. I think once i bump gohan to SR and goku to SSR and hopefully acquire a krillin along the way, i should be pretty solid,

thaOwner

After about 20 plus re-rolls on my 6 plus, I received Goku SSR. Not seeing what hype with SSR is about though as I was having more fun with my SR Goku who had an ability to give KI's to my team before each match started.

chrono01

Just a few ideas for the title of the OT. I'm not sure if you already have one in-mind Raxious, but I was bored. :/

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Kamehameha! Straight to your wallet
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Cell your soul to the Gatcha Gods
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| It's pronounced "sai-yan", just say-an

Wazzy

Banned
So if we start with SR Goku can he evolve to the SSR Goku from the Gatcha? I'm getting a little tired of rerolling and I pulled SR Goku and SR Tien for my starters.

If they're not great I'll go back to SSR rerolling.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game is really fun now that I've gotten into it!

Are you guys all spending tons of time deleting data to be able to reroll the second pull? Dragon stones are pretty common once you start playing. Pulls aren't something you rarely encounter.

Sec0nd

I'm playing this game quite a bit. Not because it's fun but because it reminds me so much of the good times I had playing the awesome card based Gameboy Color game. Are there any other good Gameboy / Gameboy Advanced / DS Dragon Ball games out there that are worth playing?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
After about 20 plus re-rolls on my 6 plus, I received Goku SSR. Not seeing what hype with SSR is about though as I was having more fun with my SR Goku who had an ability to give KI's to my team before each match started.
The level cap is important.

Dandte

Did a few runs of the vegeta normal event. Good EXP but no Vegeta drop. Is it possible for him to drop on normal, or do i need to clear normal hard etc?

Top Bottom