• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle released in the west for IOS and Android

chrono01

Is it me or do you just click on circles?
You do, but there's more to it than that. You need to keep in-mind type advantages, and the way the orbs shuffle forward when you exhaust the orbs.

Edit: Re-rolling and seeing the rate for SR/SSR is encouraging me never to spend a cent on this, haha. Maybe events will be better....

Majukun

still no safe link from where to download the apk? it says my oneplus one is not compatible so I can't download it from the playstore, but every website I checked is shady... Any safe one?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why do you guys want SSR so badly?

I'm just sticking with what i got the first time and that is a SR C17.

Dandte

Oh Great first pull Burter....crap
Second pull...fucking SS Goku!...wait what 15 cost? Great i pulled the waker SSR -.- but i will start the game with him.

chrono01

I just got an SR from the second pull without Goku being Super Saiyan. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Instantly re-installed. Not stopping until I get an SSR!

goddamit, it's taking me hours to download all the content, I tried different wifi hotspots, which work flawlessly, but I get the Download Failed error right after when the download progress starts

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm not a big fan of the gameplay, it's a bit like Tetris :/

Stider

Just gathered all 7 dragonballs. Wish options are:
Increase character inventory space and get dragon stones
Get many items
Increase team cost and get rare awakening medals
Expand quest inventory and item limit

Thoughts on the best option to pick?

Raxious

Just gathered all 7 dragonballs. Wish options are:
Increase character inventory space and get dragon stones
Get many items
Increase team cost and get rare awakening medals
Expand quest inventory and item limit

Thoughts on the best option to pick?

I'd say get the first one.

I think I'm gonna stop trying for an SSR character. Just pulled SR Goku and SR Tien, might stick to that.

Majukun

trying it on my shitty tablet until i find a lace where to download the apk...
but i'm always getting an R card on my second pull..am i missing something?it's the one with 5 "gems" right?

There's a lot more depth to this game then I first thought, I upgraded normal Tien and got a SUPER ATK rare version, guessing that upgrading makes a char stronger then straight out finding a rare version in a pull.

Also once you learn how to block attacks using the right type and chain combos together the game really changes.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There's a lot more depth to this game then I first thought, I upgraded normal Tien and got a SUPER ATK rare version, guessing that upgrading makes a char stronger then straight out finding a rare version in a pull.

Also once you learn how to block attacks using the right type and chain combos together the game really changes.
Multiple bosses in a stage are really tough.

Well, after spending a good portion of last night pulling characters, I've finally managed to get a pretty decent set of stats together. It's nowhere near finished, but it might be helpful to some people.

Here's the Spreadsheet (Quote to Reveal):

Feel free to edit the spreadsheet if you have some characters that I haven't pulled yet. All the information is out there on Japanese sites already, but it's kind of a pain to try to sift through all of it.

Clearos

Dragon stones serve any other purpose other than stamina regain, retrying a stage and getting new characters? I'm at 20 and want to get the multi-summon pack but not sure if i will shoot myself in the leg.

.......and multi summon is 50..........well i still want to use them.

Yaari

Dragon stones serve any other purpose other than stamina regain, retrying a stage and getting new characters? I'm at 20 and want to get the multi-summon pack but not sure if i will shoot myself in the leg.

.......and multi summon is 50..........well i still want to use them.

Generally most people will recommend using those stones for summons at all times. I don't know this game but I suggest finding out if they ever do increased rates for summons.

Doesn't really seem worth it with the current odds.

Multiple bosses in a stage are really tough.

for sure but blocking well is a huge game changer.

I was unlocking goku on v-hard and he had a pixel of hp left, this time I decided to go all out with damage instead of blocking and in that turn he did a super, hit me for full damage and nearly defeated me in one go lol, blocking is a must!

Dandte

for sure but blocking well is a huge game changer.

I was unlocking goku on v-hard and he had a pixel of hp left, this time I decided to go all out with damage instead of blocking and in that turn he did a super, hit me for full damage and nearly defeated me in one go lol, blocking is a must!
My only, Problem is, that i don't know if there is a way to manually change the active units(not the Position but the order they appear) .it happened so often that i wasn't able to Block because I'm missing the units.

NimbusD

Weird, downloaded on Nexus 5 and each tap is slightly below where I press, and there's a black bar across the top like the picture was pulled down a cm. Still playable but weird.

2udca32.png

goku are you ok

Goku! Staaaaaahp!

Althane

I was almost content with my rolls (lots of TEC, which goes well with my Krillin first pull), but then I saw how friggin' powerful SSR Vegeta is. 30% to 3 types. That's some insane team building potential right there.

My only, Problem is, that i don't know if there is a way to manually change the active units(not the Position but the order they appear) .it happened so often that i wasn't able to Block because I'm missing the units.

think of your team as a deck of cards and you draw 3 at a time from a shuffle, that's how it seems to me.

Rerolled once and got SSJ Vegeta for my second summon.

So far, I got first form Freeza and Piccolo and Yakkon in my deck needless to say I'm sticking with them.

MiTYH

i've had like 100 police officers or whoever the gunners are lol, good training fodder.

Don't discount them! I've yet to get a decent PSY so that Red Robin fighter is already awakened on my team. He's... decent. I did some friend pulls and some bronze PSY units but I'm waiting for something R or better

Sorian

Banned
Re-rolled a bunch and finally got an SR from my second pull in addition to the SR on my first pull. Master Roshi plus Videl, not really what I was hoping for and an SSR would have been sweet but I decided to just take it. Odds are I won't play this for more than a few weeks anyway.

anyone know what a super version of atk/int/agl and all that does? i'm guessing it means the character with super is just better/stronger for that type.

Kind of confused.

Whats the best way to re-roll on IOS8?
What is my goal when re-rolling? (I think its one normal card and one SSR card?)

Is this game actually fun?

Thanks!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Kind of confused.

Whats the best way to re-roll on IOS8?
What is my goal when re-rolling? (I think its one normal card and one SSR card?)

Is this game actually fun?

Thanks!

Uninstall and reinstall. (yes redownload everything)

Goal is to get SSR on the pull with gift stones. (second pull)

It doesn't seem that fun, but then again I have just been playing the tutorial.

Durden77

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the ki balls "fall" after a turn. I guess it's just the way they're lined up but it seems almost random. I feel like I can't set up anything.

Also dammit I thought awakening increased rarity level. It really annoys me when games are set up to where you can't max weaker characters. Makes all the work I put into them seem pointless because I know they'll just get replaced. Like that Marvel Champions game or whatever.

niosh

Banned
In on this thread, is there an OT anywhere?

Never though I'd get into mobile gaming, but first Dragon Blaze and now this game. Pretty addicting...

Uninstall and reinstall. (yes redownload everything)

Goal is to get SSR on the pull with gift stones. (second pull)

It doesn't seem that fun, but then again I have just been playing the tutorial.

So does your first pull matter? Like if I get a character I don't like, but then I pull A SSR, I should keep the SSR?

Sorian

Banned
So does your first pull matter? Like if I get a character I don't like, but then I pull A SSR, I should keep the SSR?

Yes, the SSR is what matters the most. Your first pull will always be an SR from what I saw and they are fairly interchangeable. Sucks when you get a scrub character like Android 17 but the stats are just as good as any other SR as far as I've seen.

Clearos

Yes, the SSR is what matters the most. Your first pull will always be an SR from what I saw and they are fairly interchangeable. Sucks when you get a scrub character like Android 17 but the stats are just as good as any other SR as far as I've seen.

i thought it was only me. Android 17 was my pull and my R characters are already beating him in stats by a decent margain. On reroll 10 currently.

Top Bottom