• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 (JP) |OT| whynotboth.gif

Aeana

It's funny. The music is the exact same on 3DS and PS4. It sounds fine on 3DS, doesn't sound out of place really. But on PS4, it just really, really sounds like it doesn't belong. I'm hoping for a music upgrade on PS4 for the NA version right along with everyone else.

Having a great time otherwise, though! So far so good with the simultaneous playthroughs too.

ZeroD

The metal slime 2DS is gorgeous super happy I got it! I completely forgot it came with a copy of the game though so now I have two copies of the 3DS game!

KtSlime

The metal slime 2DS is gorgeous super happy I got it! I completely forgot it came with a copy of the game though so now I have two copies of the 3DS game!

Still waiting for mine, Yamato/Amazon has gotten so slow the past year. Playing on my DQM2 3DS LL until then.

Playing the PS4 version and the new music isn't very notable and will probably disappear from my memory as soon as I finish the game

On the other hand the scene where you
jump off the cliff and end up being saved by a nun and the nunnery music from DQ5 played
hit me in the feels.

Honestly I think I'd prefer this game if they just toss out all the new music and reuse all the old stuff as cheap as that would be lol.

I spent like an hour just exploring the 2nd town(though honestly as wide as they are the towns seem comparatively empty) The PS4 version will probably take like twice as long to beat as the 3DS version just because of that

jb1234

It's funny. The music is the exact same on 3DS and PS4. It sounds fine on 3DS, doesn't sound out of place really. But on PS4, it just really, really sounds like it doesn't belong. I'm hoping for a music upgrade on PS4 for the NA version right along with everyone else.

I'm actually weirdly acclimating to it (probably because I have no choice), although it's never a good sign when the older DQ pieces (I've heard a couple so far, like the DQV church theme) are more inspired than the new ones.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird, I downloaded the preorder DLC, but the present menu says there are no items.

zashga

Wow, I didn't realize this was out already in Japan. Gonna have to avail myself to some streams when I get home.

Porcile

The e-shop ver. is around 20,000 blocks. What does that even mean? I had enough space though. Downloading it now.

ZeroD

Oh man SE shipped my double pack by way of Sagawa. Ive had nothing but problems with them in the past. Hope I get this before the sun comes down :(

ranmafan

Oh man SE shipped my double pack by way of Sagawa. Ive had nothing but problems with them in the past. Hope I get this before the sun comes down :(

That sucks. They are very good with me but I guess I'm mucky. Mine is out for delivery now so I'm expecting it any moment.

Linkura

Looking at a 3DS stream's 3D after watching Shouta's PS4 stream...

jayzd.gif

I'm not usually superficial about games but damn...

Strings

Roughly 3 hours in on PS4. Absolutely in love with what I've played so far. Few things are as jolly and charming as DQ.

Shouta

Man, the game looks even better in the direct feed when compared to the streamed output on my end. PS4 version is really, really good looking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, the game looks even better in the direct feed when compared to the streamed output on my end. PS4 version is really, really good looking.
did you figure out 30/60fps :D?

ZeroD

Still waiting for mine, Yamato/Amazon has gotten so slow the past year. Playing on my DQM2 3DS LL until then.

I mean I'm in the countryside so that might be why I've always had issues, hopefully today will be different.

Once you get your pack can you let me know if the 3DS soft is normal, I'm planning to sell one if my wife doesn't want it but need to make sure that the barcode is on it.

Aeana

Looking at a 3DS stream's 3D after watching Shouta's PS4 stream...

I'm not usually superficial about games but damn...

The image on that stream is poorly scaled. It looks a lot nicer than that at 1:1 on the system. Especially the 2D.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's 30 FPS. And sometimes not even that. It has some drops.

shame, but it looks so damn good so it doesn't matter! Drops in battles, field or both?

ranmafan

I mean I'm in the countryside so that might be why I've always had issues, hopefully today will be different.

Once you get your pack can you let me know if the 3DS soft is normal, I'm planning to sell one if my wife doesn't want it but need to make sure that the barcode is on it.

Yeah being in the country side could definitely effect that. I live kinda in the same kinda of place but we have a nice sized city I just happen to be in so deliveries tend to be ok. But yeah sucks you may have to wait a while. For me, still waiting but it usually comes at this time so I should have mine momentarily

Rncewind

The image on that stream is poorly scaled. It looks a lot nicer than that at 1:1 on the system. Especially the 2D.

Yeah i got my copy today, definitly prefer 2d from the style but im gonna play 3d mode first because the furigana helps me to understand it better without looking up to much

Shouta

did you figure out 30/60fps :D?

Definitely 30 FPS and with a drops here and there on more intense looking things. I can't pinpoint it right now but I do remember a few frame drops here and there while streaming now.

Your stream looked fucking amazing. <3 Excited to watch more later.

I want to up the bitrate but I don't think I have the upload for it, lol. The color and the IQ is better on my end. It looks like this while it's probably a little more washed out on stream.

ZAU5u79.jpg

Definitely 30 FPS and with a drops here and there on more intense looking things. I can't pinpoint it right now but I do remember a few frame drops here and there while streaming now.

Is this on a vanilla PS4 or a Pro? I assume it would have some sort of enhancement.

Porcile

My download is ready....

DQ was a little tricky for me to understand the Japanese the last time I played one, but Heroes had much easier text to understand so I'm hoping its bit closer to that. Also, I improved my Japanese a lot since last year, so hopefully not too tough.

_Ryo_

I've done the intro bits on both the 3DS and PS4 versions now. It's really interesting how the scripts are exactly the same, but a lot of stuff isn't. The intro dungeon is totally different between the two, for instance. I also can't believe how pointless the free movement camera is! The enemies just stay lined up and you can walk around and look at their backs, and that's about it.

It is just so you can view the scene in full 3D. This way it remains True Turned based and not DQX style. Its a cool little gimmick and nothing more, and wasnt meant to be.

I hope you are enjoying the game.
I will be waiting until NA PS4 release.

Only weapons change when you equip them. The cape you see is part of the story.

There are no visual changes to gear at all? There were some in DQ8. Thats kind of disappointing tbh.

Shouta

Good lord.

Oh yeah, I'm also at 720p and not 1080p because my cap card can't do it. So yeah, it'll look better on your TV when you play the actual game.

It is just so you can view the scene in full 3D. This way it remains True Turned based and not DQX style. Its a cool little gimmick and nothing more, and wasnt meant to be.

I hope you are enjoying the game.
I will be waiting until NA PS4 release.

There are no visual changes to gear at all? There were some in DQ8. Thats kind of disappointing tbh.

I don't know. I'm still early in the game. But the regular gear you get doesn't change your outfit. That doesn't exclude special equipment that does like DQ8.

Top Bottom