• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 4 out now on iOS/Android, party chat included

Scrawnton

I'll be honest, this type of rpg night work very well on iOS. I think I might check it out. I loved it on DS and it was the game to create my Dargon Quest obsession.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why can't I slay the Dargons on Android? :(
From SE gamescom lineup

DRAGON QUEST TM IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Platform: iOS/Android
Developer: Square Enix
Available: TBC
Get ready to journey through the lands, seas and skies of the vibrant DRAGON QUEST world with DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen, an exciting new mobile version of the NES title DRAGON QUEST IV originally released in 1990 in Japan and recently updated for the Nintendo DS in 2008. The game includes five chapters to discover and a host of colourful characters to keep you company and battle by your side. Players can journey through the epic environments using all-new touch-screen controls.

Ban Puncher

WfvDr0U.png

WE NEED DARGON ZORD POWER NOW

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Dargon Quest is a pretty cool dude, he quests dargons, doesn't care about having first, second or third installements abd skips straight to the fourth one.

What ith??? This have party talk that is missing from the DS game??? Oh I am so going to buy it when it's on sales.

This actually can be the definitive vversion if it run well :O

My life, I don't even know anymore. This is so reflective on S-E's general non-caring attitude for the series in the West that it actually hurts lol

Hmm wondering when the Android version will be out. I am actually looking forward to playing this lol. Party talk is such a great addition.

Raw64life

I wish I could say I was even remotely surprised. They probably wont even bother changing it, as they clearly don't care if people know that Dragon Quest exists outside of Japan anymore.

Did they add the party talk that was missing from the localized DS version?
Hope they won't lie.

Game Features
・Party Talk
Chat with your loyal companions any time you like during your adventure!
They’ll tell you all kinds of interesting things, depending on where you are in the story, and what heroic feats you have accomplished!

Forkball

They Woll Smoth'd the title.

That price is pretty ridiculous. I love this game, but I bought it new for $20 on my DS five years ago. Now that was a deal!

Joqu

Hope they won't lie.

Game Features
・Party Talk
Chat with your loyal companions any time you like during your adventure!
They’ll tell you all kinds of interesting things, depending on where you are in the story, and what heroic feats you have accomplished!

Party talk being in would actually make this a must for me. Bring on the dargons I say.

never played a DQ before, what's best to start with 4 or 8?
1 is out in Japan for iOS, right?

Although at this point, with the new iPhone next month, i might just wait to see if they update it for the new screen size/ios 8.

Party talk being in would actually make this a must for me. Bring on the dargons I say.
I have no interest in the port until this lol. Luckily DQ5 and 6 have party talk or I will have to buy them all again on ios or Android....
Wait did they add Party Chat back in?

Didn't they take that out of the DS release?
SE actually putting in effort?

Most likely they were in a rush to get the DS version out and remove the incomplete scripts....
Wonder if some one can repatch the DS version with the ios script?

Apparently if you are to believe Mike Fahey of Kotaku.com:
It's not a misspelling. It's a means of keeping the game out of search, since New Zealand is a test bed for iOS releases. If I search Dragon Quest on the NZ store, only the previously released game shows up.
There have been plenty. In my mobile editor role I was constantly getting directed to games released in NZ, Canada and Australia under false names. These are all test markets, where they'll clue a limited group to the game's release before going wide to iron out bugs and such.
I mean, I've got no confirmation here — for all I know this is a massive mistake — I've just seen this same maneuver used previously.

Goli

It's only in NZ because it's already past midnight there, but it'll be released worldwide today as midnight comes in each country, though it is true that it is a test bed, but usually for F2P games that get soft-launched.

Dragon Quest IV is the best one of the series I"ve played. Too bad it has gone Dargon.

I have not played VII. Hi Square Enix, please bring it to 3DS.

Spwn

It would be odd for a low budget port to have a feature dropped due to budget constraints.

What I'm referring to is that party talk option always gave the message "There's no one to talk to to" when you tried to use it. SE didn't translate any of the party talk dialogue for the western release.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm so sick and tired of these App Store clones of game from REAL gaming platforms. When are Nintendo and Square Enix going to do something to stop these knock-off artists?

will probably pick it up whenever it's on sale. My ipad has basically become my play-great-games-from-other-systems device, where i've enjoyed Ghost Trick, 999, and TWEWY and have FFTactics waiting for me. I'll happily get what appears to be the best western release of DQIV once i'm not paying a digital arm or leg for it.

Top Bottom