• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI in production

DQ hasnt been relevant since VIII, at this point id bet on seeing Blue Dragon 2 on XB1 (or consoles) before a new DQ on Consoles (one that isnt handheld or mobile) (and yes i know theyre different developers and dont have anything to do with each other... im just saying...)

lol? DQ IX is the best selling entry in the series.

watershed

Banned
DQ hasnt been relevant since VIII, at this point id bet on seeing Blue Dragon 2 on XB1 (or consoles) before a new DQ on Consoles (one that isnt handheld or mobile) (and yes i know theyre different developers and dont have anything to do with each other... im just saying...)

I'm confused by what this comment is trying to say. Irrelevant to who? The OP doesn't even suggest that it's a console game.

sörine

Banned
Not sure about I and II, however, X was exclusive for the Wii when it launched, then it was ported.
Right but it's multiplatform over it's lifecycle. The first two games were similar, launching first on NES and soon after being ported to MSX.

B.K.

Best thing that could happen imho, but sadly it will be 3DS exclusive.

If you want an English release, you better hope for it to be on 3DS or Wii U. The only way there will be an English version is if Nintendo decides to localize it. Square Enix has given up on the franchise outside of Japan.

mao2

If you want an English release, you better hope for it to be on 3DS or Wii U. The only way there will be an English version is if Nintendo decides to localize it. Square Enix has given up on the franchise outside of Japan.
Nintendo don't seem to be keen on localizing Dragon Quest VII though. :/

ReiGun

I remember being so hype for X. When I found out it was an mmo...Man I never turned down so fast in my life.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
3DS seems like a lock judging by DQ'S IX performance and remake entries on the 3DS.

SE will most likely have an HD version a few years down the line for PS4....maybe.

Man

Can we get a honest to god numbered Dragon Quest on a modern console like the PS4 again please?

Final Fantasty 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming but I feel that Square-Enix will mess up somehow.

I'm.... I'm still hurt from the lack of Dragon Quest VII, but honestly after the success of Bravely Default, I think Nintendo will pick that up for publishing too and announce it at E3.

But I do think this one will be 3DS as well, and I'm okay with that!

edit: also, can we get a GBC VC release of the Dragon Warrior 1+2 and Dragon Warrior 3 games? That'd be greattttttttttt

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'm ready for HD Slime Stacks!! But... its not gonna be a console game huh? Someday! Now where the hecks VII at? I haven't given up on hoping for it yet!

Philippo

Well the last globally acclaimed title was DQ and it was on a home console.
I guess if DQXI were to be on PS4 it would start moving a lot of consoles in japan, and sell more than decently worldwide.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Honestly, at this time and age, the more platforms it releases on, the better.

The 3DS isn't the NDS for sure.

I'm.... I'm still hurt from the lack of Dragon Quest VII, but honestly after the success of Bravely Default, I think Nintendo will pick that up for publishing too and announce it at E3.

If it's not revealed at this E3, I dunno if there's any hope of getting VII in the West anymore...

I hope its for PS4/next gen. That would be epic.

Yeah, PS4 would be amazing. Would love a standard, VIII-esque outing on the WiiU as well, especially if it utilizes the gamepad somehow. Otherwise, I'd be totally content with 3DS.

I hope it comes out for the 3DS. I loved the multiplayer in IX and hope XI continues that with some Streetpass features. The system's more robust online will be great for this game.

Can we get a honest to god numbered Dragon Quest on a modern console like the PS4 again please?

Final Fantasty 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming but I feel that Square-Enix will mess up somehow.

but you feel they wouldn't mess up dqxi?

there's every reason to be pessimistic about this and that makes me sad :(

Robin64

I would imagine it will be on 3DS.

The system has sold well, it could handle a DQ looking like VIII (and really there's no need to go much shinier) and the StreetPass functionality would be a vastly improved method of the system that IX played around with but was ultimately limited.

RyoonZ

Banned
I hope this get release on WiiU and please don't localize it so people interested to play this game have to buy JP WiiU which would be a nice boost to the sales, that's about the only thing relevant to my interest.

Dark_castle

can't wait for the Lightning DLC

LL

Foffy

Banned
I hope this get release on WiiU and please don't localize it so people interested to play this game have to buy JP WiiU which would be a nice boost to the sales, that's about the only thing relevant to my interest.

Dragon Quest apparently follows the trend of being on the most popular platform. Considering that direction, that would only guarantee it will never be on Wii U. It's either 3DS or PS4.

And do you really think people would import such a game in droves if it was Japan only? How many did that for DQ X?

Nintendo really messed up convincing S-E to make DQX for Wii and then not bringing out the Wii U version in NA. Such a waste. We could have been playing DQX this whole time while the Wii U drought stretches on forever.

Top Bottom