• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown Thread of Import Impressions and Elf

Ooh, awesome. Hope you'll be doing a video review. Your videos are great. :D

I will be doing a review of course! The code I got enabled me to get the PS3 and Vita version. So I'll cover the overall game and make a slight mention about the two versions. Thanks for the comments about the reviews, I've finally found the video review style I absolutely love creating.

Stupid question, but are the Vita and PS3 version the exact same? Are there any differences what so ever between the two?

From what I can tell so far, other then the touch screen stuff, exact.

I'm resolved to buy it on the vita, but not sure if that's the right choice. My son likes these style of games but probably won't buy 2 copies of the game on vita.

Is this a DD as well (PS3)?

ironchair

Banned
I'm resolved to buy it on the vita, but not sure if that's the right choice. My son likes these style of games but probably won't buy 2 copies of the game on vita.

Is this a DD as well (PS3)?
Apparently, the Vita version is not close to the steady 60FPS of the PS3 version (slowdown with lots of enemies on-screen), so if that sort of thing bothers you, it may be worth taking a second look. However, having the game on-the-go seems like a definite and obvious plus in the Vita's favor.

Apparently, the Vita version is not close to the steady 60FPS of the PS3 version (slowdown with lots of enemies on-screen), so if that sort of thing bothers you, it may be worth taking a second look. However, having the game on-the-go seems like a definite and obvious plus in the Vita's favor.

not to mention the price...

having 2 kids doesn't allow for many "sessions" where i get to camp in front of the TV for long periods of time.

Oh look, another Dragon's Crown thread where I can plug the player list. If you're planning on getting it consider signing up to make finding people to play with easier. If you signed in at the very beginning and not been back recently, some new categories were added (region of your game, first class you plan on using, the latter is a poll and will have a graph when enough responses are available).

GAWD DAMMIT!

One Trophy List, it's shared, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Do I cancel Vita version? ; ;

Shared trophy is no surprise to me, Guacamelee had cross save that that had a shared trophy list.

Haven't seen this YET on the Vita but wouldn't surprise me as battles get crazier, though for how good it looks and that this is just the type of game you'd want for a portable experience, I'd still reccomend it. :D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

No Double Platinum Goodness

Some Games get Double Platinums, 1 for PS3/PSN and 1 for Vita, 2 of the same Trophy Sets

Recently a lot of titles that are both released simultaneously on the PS3/PSN + Vita have been 1 shared Trophy Set

So either earn all on one system or take your save to the other system to continue, can earn trophies on both platforms, just move the save around and keep earning trophies

I wanted 2 Trophy Sets =/

Like Sly 4, Sound Shapes, etc. because they had the Cross Buy feature aka YOPO (You Only pay Once)

Dragon's Crown is 2 different version, but they still share the same list >_<
I could save $40, will lose the artbook for the Vita version....

Thinking of canceling Vita version

1 Artbook + PS3 version

Examples: (Yes I like Double + Triple Dipping, sometime you have to earn all your Platinums, sometimes Insta-PING!)
Y27tCSx.png

I0F1TKt.png

7jNYOwt.png

7xPBKUS.png

Rren9e5.png

Xliv96F.png

As much as I love my Vita, I think I will be going with the PS3 version at first. I am so funny about my stuff, I keep looking at my black Vita and thinking I like the White version more, so I may save up and switch over from black to white. I wish they would drop the price so I could get a white one and keep my black one...

But at first its the PS3 version.

Caerith

Atlus answers that during the PlayStation 3 version’s local play, the game will be based off the host’s data, so you won’t be able to play using your own characters
Lazy writing just confuses and upsets people. What this means:
  • Character data is saved to the PS3 account you're logged into.
    • If Alice and Bob are playing together on Alice's couch and logged into Alice's account, then both Alice's character and Bob's character will be saved to Alice's account.
      • This is the opposite of, say, LittleBig Planet 2, where each character needed their own account for progress to be saved. In LBP2, if Alice and Bob were playing on Alice's account, Bob would need to create an account on Alice's PS3 and connect his character to it every time they played together or his progress would not be saved.
    • If Alice is playing in Janesville, WI, and Carol is playing in Blacksburg, VA, Alice's progress is saved to Alice's PS3 and Carol's progress is saved to Carol's PS3.
    • If Alice and Bob are playing in Janesville and are joined by Carol playing in Blacksburg, then Alice's character and Bob's character are saved to Alice's account and Carol's character is saved to Carol's account.
    • If Carol flies out to Janesville and sit downs on the couch with Alice and Bob for some Dragon's Crown, then Alice and Bob will have access to their characters but Carol won't have access to her character (which is saved to Carol's PS3 back in Blacksburg).
(If I made any mistakes or if there's anything unclear, please let me know.)

ironchair

Banned
Haven't seen this YET on the Vita but wouldn't surprise me as battles get crazier, though for how good it looks and that this is just the type of game you'd want for a portable experience, I'd still reccomend it. :D
Yeah, to be more specific, this is what Chris Carter says in in the comments of his preview: "I believe it's running at, or near 60 FPS on the PS3 -- if not, I can'[t] tell. On the Vita, I know it's less, as there is some slowdown during larger fights."

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
To all the people that don't know which version to buy first, imo the cheapest and best solution is to buy the vita version first and the ps3 version later, simply because the vita version is cheaper and ps3 games become cheap way faster than vita games.

GraveRobberX

Shared trophy is no surprise to me, Guacamelee had cross save that that had a shared trophy list.

Yeah but Guacamelee! and others of it's ilk are #YOPO

You don't get charged twice

With Dragon's Crown you are getting charged twice...

Contemplating dropping the Vita version, would love to support Vanillaware, I mean I'm torn here =/

On one end I get another artbook + Vita version + Vanilla gets money

or

I save $40 and move that over to Killzone Mercenary

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Their character overview. They said that the amazon has too low hp for a melee character and the risk for using the character is too high."

Ehhh, that's not really what they said though, simply that it is a low health character compared to the other melee classes, seems to be the trade off for significantly better mobility/speed. Not unlike "squishy" high damage/mobility melee classes in most RPGs.

"she suffers from statistical deficits that leave her at a disadvantage" They still say she can fight well but they pretty much label her the worst in the cast.

GraveRobberX

OLED Goodness

I can get the Vita version down the line when it's on sale, will just get the DD version 6-12 months after release

Yeah PS3 for me, removed Vita version, moved money over to Killzone Mercenary

mcmmaster

GAWD DAMMIT!

One Trophy List, it's shared, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Do I cancel Vita version? ; ;

No, you keep it for the obvious reason any sane person would buy the console and portable version for, use the console version at home and the portable version on the go. Sheesh, trophies/achievements love is so overrated

Binabik15

Can you follow battles and characters on the Vita screen? As I said in the gameplay footagevthread, sometimes I couldn't follow the action on my 23 inch pc monitor. I want it on Vita for portability, but on PS3 for performance and to actually see all the details of the art. Decisions, decisions.

It means that if you have both versions of the game your trophy data will carry over between them instead of having separate lists for the PS3 and Vita. Some trophy hunters end up buying two versions of a game they like in order to fill both trophy lists.
I can't even imagine caring about this.

GraveRobberX

No, you keep it for the obvious reason any sane person would buy the console and portable version for, use the console version at home and the portable version on the go... duhhhh. Sheesh, trophies & achievements love is so overrated

I don't travel much, so portable version is pointless

I game mostly on my Vita from home...

I can't even imagine caring about this.

You may not care, but there are others that do

Caerith

I agree that it makes no sense to share trophy lists if there is no cross-buy/play. It wouldn't make me cancel my pre-order, but I sure don't understand it.
You're looking at this from the perspective of a trophy whore. Most people just want to earn their trophy once and be done with it. If there are trophies for, say, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and someone earns Chapter 1 on Vita, Chapter 2 on PS3, and Chapter 3 on Vita, then they're going to be upset that now they have to make a new save and go back and get Chapter 1 on PS3, Chapter 2 on Vita, and Chapter 3 on PS3 and "it's so stupid that they make me get each trophy twice FU Atlus."

GraveRobberX

You're looking at this from the perspective of a trophy whore. Most people just want to earn their trophy once and be done with it. If there are trophies for, say, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and someone earns Chapter 1 on Vita, Chapter 2 on PS3, and Chapter 3 on Vita, then they're going to be upset that now they have to make a new save and go back and get Chapter 1 on PS3, Chapter 2 on Vita, and Chapter 3 on PS3 and "it's so stupid that they make me get each trophy twice FU Atlus."

Yeah, No, don't try to paint me in the just play it once and earn double trophies corner
Don't assume you know why I'm just a little mad

Go look up at post #111

I had to earn all 3 Demon's Souls Platinums, no Insta-Ping
Same goes for Rocketbirds, Saint's Row The Third, Lego Batman, and Killzone 3
Sound Shapes was Insta-Ping!

I wanted to 2 different Trophy sets

I would have loved earning both versions, hell just add 1 extra bronze trophy of using the touchscreen to open a chest, viola, a new trophy set is born

This is basically the way I looked at it. Since you can move easily move your save from one to the other, it doesn't make much sense to have separate Trophies for both...though I'm not sure if there are some other games out there that disregard that.

Don't really care much for Trophies and Achievements myself, though. I only go after them if I'm really bored and want an excuse to keep playing something, but I've only completed, like...one retail game, which is Tekken 6, and that was easy. No offense to anyone who likes them, though.

Anyway...where are all of the game impressions, man? :(

GraveRobberX

I must have missed the part where I said whatever you think I said, because I didn't say anything like that.

Your post...

You assumed that I was a trophy whore asking for more trophies w/o putting in the work
You even said, they would get pissed if they have to re-earn all of them all over again and complain to Atlus

zroid

Banned
sooooooooooooooooon

I hope it's good, I've not been this game's greatest advocate in the past months (and for reasons unrelated to the art, which I love), but I'm beginning to feel the hype

FINALBOSS

Banned
Just got confirmation from a japanese gamer streaming on Twitch that this is INDEED 1080P! Rejoice!

His quote: Moruid : PS3 480p ~ 1080p

Caerith

Your post...

You assumed that I was a trophy whore asking for more trophies w/o putting in the work
You even said, they would get pissed if they have to re-earn all of them all over again and complain to Atlus
I didn't say anything about you. I wasn't responding to you. I don't even know you.

I was responding to ironchair (not you) and his comment of, essentially, "I don't understand why they would use a shared trophy list." I said that most people (not you), upon finishing the game, would rather have one trophy instead of two half-trophies.

Now, as for you, looking back over your posts in this thread, I can assume a lot about your psychological well-being, but, honestly? I don't care. You're an overly-defensive belligerent seemingly incapable of reading comprehension or constructive conversation. I'd rather you just go away.

GraveRobberX

Hahaha, "trophy earner".

Hey I'm a Gamer just like you

So in the immortal words "DEAL WITH IT"

Now, as for you, looking back over your posts in this thread, I can assume a lot about your psychological well-being, but, honestly? I don't care. You're an overly-defensive belligerent seemingly incapable of reading comprehension or constructive conversation. I'd rather you just go away.

So you don't care, yet still try to bash me

Good Job taking that high road

i know its suppose to be more of a brawler, but is there any defense/ parry systems in play?

Yep, I'm currently playing as the Fighter, and he specifically has a block when you hold down the attack button. There is also a skill you can purchase which lets you press the attack button immediately after blocking an attack to parry.

Top Bottom