• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Releases on Steam with $40 worth of microtransactions .Currently with 'Mostly Negative' Reviews on Steam

Gonna buy up some stuff on the shop to help ensure we get another medieval fantasy from Capcom.

One thing I know, it seems that medieval fantasy fans through the biggest hissy fits about mtx. Where were you with Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Street Fighter?!
Cmon dude.

Make another account and buy game again if you want to support it.

If you buy MTX it will send a different message. We will get more MTX instead of more Dragons Dogma.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh, I totally expect them to not give a fuck, that's why I said there is just some chance something will change.

Game is trashing cpus, gpu performance is fine for the most part. People with 4090 aren't even using them properly in this game when it's so performance limited even with the most powerful CPU on the planer. And no, this game isn't doing anything mindblowing to justify this, AC Unity was doing Paris with dozens of NPCs on screen and this shit was running on 1.6GHz jaguar in 30FPS (with drops).

Its not quantity of NPC's, its what work each instance has to do and how it interacts with the world and other elements within it. Its not difficult to run hundreds of entities provided what each one is doing is sufficiently limited, however if you step things up by adding more dynamic variables things get way more unpredictable in terms of cost.

The truth is that I simply cannot imagine that if there was something fundamentally wrong with the way the AI/NPC system works it wouldn't have been picked up on the way to release candidate. Because its not the sort of thing you can quickly fix by tweaking DRS or whatever!

And seriously, stop using eyeballing as a way to measure complexity. It doesn't work.

On Steam:
Monster Hunter: Rise (252 mtx available).
Dragon's Dogma 2 (21 mtx available).
RE4 Remake (27 mtx available).
DMCV (32 mtx available).

The outrage over mtx in Dragon's Dogma 2 is silly. It's not hard to ignore mtx one does not plan on purchasing. Buying rift crystals and other items is the equivalent of buying red/yellow orbs in DMCV, easily ignorable for those that are not interested.

It is by far the most pointless, needless DLC I've ever seen in a game. Right up there with games that exist only for the sake of getting trophies or achievements.
It's worse than that. All of the Capcom MTXs make the game worse because they mess with the difficulty curve by letting you get things too early. Like in DMC5 the amount of red orbs you get is supposed to force you to master the moves you have before you get new ones, so the red orb MTX messes with your focus at learning the moves. The RE4 MTX lets you get infinite ammo weapons early in a game entirely about ammo management.

It's very funny because buying the Capcom MTXs actively makes the games worse.

Topher

Gold Member
It's worse than that. All of the Capcom MTXs make the game worse because they mess with the difficulty curve by letting you get things too early. Like in DMC5 the amount of red orbs you get is supposed to force you to master the moves you have before you get new ones, so the red orb MTX messes with your focus at learning the moves. The RE4 MTX lets you get infinite ammo weapons early in a game entirely about ammo management.

It's very funny because buying the Capcom MTXs actively makes the games worse.

Sounds like they just rob the game of fun. Thankfully, nothing in DD2's DLC is going to do that or help you in combat at all. Everything in the DD2 DLC, I have in abundance just by playing the game except for a jail key and a portcrystal and for those I have one of each and still no need to use them. Doesn't make any sense why this stuff even exists.

Top Bottom