• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

This talk about supporting Directinput/DS3 and whatnot.
Is there a way to connect your DS3 to the PC wirelessly without using something like SCP?
I mean, it's nice that some games are supporting DS3 and DS4 "out of the box", but if I still need to use something to emulate it as a 360 controller to play wirelessly then what's the point?

orochi91

I hope it happens. So sales across PC/PS4/XB1 can convince Capcom to make Dragons Dogma 2.

Please, let me dream!

A DD game with decent assets, like those in Deep Down, would look phenomenal.

So I am guessing that it has become acceptable to wander into platform specific threads and ask for a port for a system that the thread does not pertain to? I am just asking, since I recall PC folks getting banned left and right for doing the exact same thing.

Contact a Mod if it bothers you.

sorry if it's been answered but I got the GMG key, put it in my steam and there's no option to do anything with it. It just says "purchased today".

Are we supposed to have other options?

sorry if it's been answered but I got the GMG key, put it in my steam and there's no option to do anything with it. It just says "purchased today".

Are we supposed to have other options?

Won't have anything until we're closer to release where maybe you'll be able to preload or get the preorder stuff. But it's as likely you won't be able to do anything with it until release. It's the same if you buy directly from Steam.

DarkFlame

Banned
i urge every RPG fan to play this game,it might be the best RPG noone played in a long time.

All thanks to low budget promotional campaigns.

The Dark Arisen edition of this game is a pure marvel

I've been wanting to play this for a while but have waited for a PC version. Now it's my time! Any guides on how to start or what to do? What kind of character to make?

I've been wanting to play this for a while but have waited for a PC version. Now it's my time! Any guides on how to start or what to do? What kind of character to make?

General advice would be, if you want a real challenge, start on hard mode(can switch out of it, but not to hard mode), although it might be very challenging at first(think dark souls early in the game, it gets easier as you level up). If you don't care about the challenge, then do normal, definitely don't do easy(or well I think there was an easy mode, not sure if it still exists), the game is very easy on normal already. Although you can switch from easy to normal iirc.

Pick whichever class you want, you can change classes with no penalty, in fact it's recommended to get augments from each classes to make your main class stronger. I would recommend against a mage as an endgame choice, but it's a fair early game choice(once you reach lvl ~10, just switch to Sorceror, for the real cool damage spells). Each class is unique so don't hesitate to try them out for a bit, only real thing you need is a few job points to unlock a job iirc and a bit of gold to buy some weapons if the class uses ones you don't have.

I'd recommend doing the sidequests before progressing the main quest, so you don't miss stuff, but matter of taste. Can always get them done in New game +. When doing quests, try to sleep before going out, night time is scary, visibility is REALLY poor and monsters tend to be stronger.

Make sure you get pawns for your party once you reach the place that lets you get pawns. Party composition doesn't matter too much other than having one mage for support spells(heal, dispel and elemental buffs). Sorcerers work well if you have more than one, Fighter pawns are great to distract enemies and so on. You can solo or duo(with your main pawn), but unless you know what you're doing, it's probably better to play with a full group.

Make sure to always have one or two flask of oil for your lantern. Also give your pawns a few healing consumables, so they heal themselves when needed without having to micromanage it. Careful with food though as it rots and they tend to eat rotting food as far as I remember.

Fly into free.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on if it will have preloading?

No specific date, but it should start a week before release, so probably this Friday.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/451848854997331507/

Make sure you get pawns for your party once you reach the place that lets you get pawns. Party composition doesn't matter too much other than having one mage for support spells(heal, dispel and elemental buffs). Sorcerers work well if you have more than one, Fighter pawns are great to distract enemies and so on. You can solo or duo(with your main pawn), but unless you know what you're doing, it's probably better to play with a full group.

Fly into free.

I hope there will be a mod where you can make all three pawns your own, I'd like to create and customize them all by scratch.

I hope there will be a mod where you can make all three pawns your own, I'd like to create and customize them all by scratch.

I would assume it'd be possible by replacing the computer pawns with a specific one, maybe generated from a website that lets you pick options and makes a patching file or whatever, but that sounds kinda annoying to setup, and then you still need to reset pawns several times until you draw the right one(although iirc it was level based so I guess you could just only parse lvl 1 pawns or something).

Then again I feel like I remember pawns not leveling other than your main pawn. So you'd need several templates at various levels, which would be even more annoying to setup. I don't know if anyone will bother with this kind of mod.

Top Bottom