• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4/XB1 (fall 2017)

Ferr986

I hope it'll run at 1080p and 60 FPS, and without the annoying black bars this time!

I can run the game on PC with a shitty CPU and a GTX 950 at 1080p and 60 fps (and +30 with an old 460), would be surprised if the PS4 and One couldn't handle it.

Omg I love Dragon's Dogma so much!!!

I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Dark Arisen also, the thing just has so much potential I'm still kinda sad after all this time it's just a port of the old one and not a new one. :(

Oh well! We can all enjoy the batshit crazy cutscenes and the awesome music again.

Also pleeease bring back the DANGAN!

Gulz1992

I really enjoyed Dragon's Dogma on the PS3, so this is great news! Really hope that it's 60 FPS, as that will be the deciding factor in whether or not I pick it up.

I have long avoided the PC version in the hope that this would come to current gen consoles. I'm absolutely stoked! One of my favourite last gen games!

Toni

What happens if they announce a sequel or spiritual successor at this year's e3?

BOmFaht.gif

02UTqCB.gif

Astral

Hmmm I've already played the shit out of the original on PS3. Never Dark Arisen though. The new content and improved performance might be tempting.

Zeta Oni

YES !!!!!!

It's time to make the journey again, arisen.

Maybe this time they will see enough sales to fund a sequel or at least bring DDO over to the west.

Zukkoyaki

I guess I will finally check this game out. See what all the GAF hype is about.

Capcom doing a good job of making fans happy these days!

MadeULook

"Wolves hunt in packs!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"Strength in numbers Arisen."

"Soaked to the bone!"

Ah, Dragon's Dogma how I love you so. I've put nearly 250 hours on PC when it came out last year and will certainly be picking this up when it comes to to West to support the series.

I'm very pleased for all of those people who have never gotten to play the game. This game is great and deserves as large an audience as possible.

I won't be purchasing this game again. I've purchased the base game on 360 and PS3. I purchased DA on PS3(before it became a PS+ game) and PC. Unless you go Switch and I can play it on something portable or it's a new game I don't really have much incentive to purchase the game for the 5th time.

That's pretty cool. About time Capcom. Played a shit ton on PS3. Played a ton on PC. If there are no enhancements over the PC version, I don't see myself picking up the PS4 version.

Caja 117

Awesome, iI never finished myne because I never connect my ps3, now I can Get it on either ps4 or xbox one and compkete the journey!

Pastry

Banned
What's the gist of Dragon's Dogma? I know the combat is what everyone loves, it's like an open works monster hunter?

One of my favourite games from last gen, but I played it to death. That said, if the PS4 port is a big improvement I'll probably go through the whole game (inc. BBI) again :)

What's the gist of Dragon's Dogma? I know the combat is what everyone loves, it's like an open works monster hunter?
Imagine if you had the Devil May Cry team make an action RPG.

Because that's what happened.

More specifically, you have an interesting world and lore, a plot that's good but doesn't dominate the game (it often feels slightly secondary in fact), a cool open world that's big enough, but not too big, awesome large monsters and cool combat mechanics for fighting them. It's the responsiveness of the combat that makes the game though, as well as all of the cool effects of the special abilities. It all just feels really fluid and fast paced.

cakely

Hey, that's really cool. :)

I got DD:DA from ... the instant collection, maybe? Years ago on the PS3. Never played it. I'm assuming this will be a $20/$30 game, I'll probably snag it. Combat looks great.

Line_HTX

Holy crap, they are bringing it over to current gen. This is godlike.

Time to get other players's buffed up companions again, haha

RootCause

The melee classes were my favourites but i also can't wait to wreak havoc again as a sorcerer! :D
This is the only ARPG where i really had fun with the mage classes!

qXnS2oIOGnzjO.gif
There was a thread about gifs that sold you on a game. This gif right here just did the trick for me.
I'm excited to play this.

Top Bottom