• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

All right,
Grigori
is impossible for me and my Assassin on hard mode. He 1-shots me with virtually every move and the only way to inflict damage on him is to Fivefold Flurry him. That does deal decent damage but I have to position myself dangerously. The best I managed to do was to get him down 4 health bars in like 10 mins and he still had 5 left lol. I wasn't even close to beating him and that was my best effort.

I honestly can't go 20 minutes without getting hit once. Sadly, I have hardly any curatives with me so I can't regenerate my stamina to just spam Fivefold Fury when I'm in position.

You aren't meant to play the game the first time on hard mode, it doesn't make enemies more aggresive, it just ups their HP and damage by a fuckton.

Dr.Acula

Banned
All right,
Grigori
is impossible for me and my Assassin on hard mode. He 1-shots me with virtually every move and the only way to inflict damage on him is to Fivefold Flurry him. That does deal decent damage but I have to position myself dangerously. The best I managed to do was to get him down 4 health bars in like 10 mins and he still had 5 left lol. I wasn't even close to beating him and that was my best effort.

I honestly can't go 20 minutes without getting hit once. Sadly, I have hardly any curatives with me so I can't regenerate my stamina to just spam Fivefold Fury when I'm in position.

The last few health bars just flew off when I beat him. You were prolly pretty close.

I finished the game a couple nights ago and wow! i truly did not expect to fall in love with this game like i did. loved every moment of it. i hope dragons dogma 2 is a thing because i want more

Killed him on my last try yesterday. It was really stressful to not get hit a single time for the entirety of the fight but that made it extremely thrilling. I don't regret playing on hard at all.

The biggest problem was probably that my pawns did virtually nothing. They inflicted no damage whatsoever for whatever reason (I guess they did not have the right skills) so it was all on me.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Killed him on my last try yesterday. It was really stressful to not get hit a single time for the entirety of the fight but that made it extremely thrilling. I don't regret playing on hard at all.

The biggest problem was probably that my pawns did virtually nothing. They inflicted no damage whatsoever for whatever reason (I guess they did not have the right skills) so it was all on me.

I can't even get passed the first encounter in the everfall. Plus now encounters in the overworld are melting me.

The post-game is ROUGH.

Yeah the
Evil Eye
owned me three times already lol. It's fine though. The main game was utterly easy even on hard. I'm glad it's picking up.

Also, anybody else who had comprehension problems? A lot of archaic English embedded in the dialogues and I had to look shit like "aught", "naught" and other stuff up. Also, does "Prey,..." mean "Please,..."?

Had time to play on now and killed the
Evil Eye in the post game Everfall
in a really awesome fight. God, I hope I got a lot of game left with
Everfall
+ BBI. Love the shit out of this game and don't want it to end at all. Fucking god tier gaming right there.

Honestly, playing on hard on my first playthrough of the game was an awesome choice. I can't get hit ever but it makes for such tense fights. I prefer my games slightly too hard as opposed to too easy.

The difficulty spike in the post game is quite remarkable and makes me anxious like in the first ~10 hours of the game where I had to take steps carefully.

Ogawa-san

God, I hope I got a lot of game left with
Everfall
+ BBI.
If you didn't hit BBI yet, you haven't started the (end)game. Plenty to do still, and difficulty wise it's a notch above anything you can find in the main game.

Going there for the first time on hard will be... interesting.

draetenth

If you didn't hit BBI yet, you haven't started the (end)game. Plenty to do still, and difficulty wise it's a notch above anything you can find in the main game.

Going there for the first time on hard will be... interesting.

IIRC, BBI doesn't get affected by difficulty - it's always set to Normal (which is still harder than the main game on hard imo). The same with the Ur_Dragon. If you are playing on Easy or Hard, the difficulty is switched to Normal for the fight (switches back afterwards).

Main game on hard difficulty was easy in all honesty other than the first ~5 hours and The Dragon. I hardly died at all.
The Everfall
postgame on hard is pretty challenging so far though.

Lux R7

IIRC, BBI doesn't get affected by difficulty - it's always set to Normal (which is still harder than the main game on hard imo). The same with the Ur_Dragon. If you are playing on Easy or Hard, the difficulty is switched to Normal for the fight (switches back afterwards).

pretty sure BBi is indeed affected by hard mode, in terms of stamina consuption and enemy damage. The only thing that doesn't change is gold drops. This seems like the correct way to read the hard mode page on the wiki.

Unai

I did beat
The Dragon
. I thought you meant "finishing" in terms off inishing the game to the point where it kicks you right into NG+.

It is. Start the New Game+ and go straigth to the BBI. That's if you care about the lore. BBI is supposed to be played after you already have seen literally everything.

Hi guys, any of you still playing DD?

I was wondering if another kindly gaffer might check into whether or not my pawn is accessible online? I'm playing on PC, but I'm not sure what details you might need in order to check into this.

Here is my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968355397
The pawn's name is: Anuk'Bathal
Other Info on him:
Inclination: Scather / Challenger
Skills: Pommel Bash, Indomitable Lash, Act of Vengeance
Equipment: Thousand Teeth, Direwolf Hood

I'm curious because my pawn has never yet been hired out, which has made me a bit paranoid that something might be wrong with my account. Thank you in advance for giving this a try!

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Hi guys, any of you still playing DD?

I was wondering if another kindly gaffer might check into whether or not my pawn is accessible online? I'm playing on PC, but I'm not sure what details you might need in order to check into this.

Here is my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968355397
The pawn's name is: Anuk'Bathal
Other Info on him:
Inclination: Scather / Challenger
Skills: Pommel Bash, Indomitable Lash, Act of Vengeance
Equipment: Thousand Teeth, Direwolf Hood

I'm curious because my pawn has never yet been hired out, which has made me a bit paranoid that something might be wrong with my account. Thank you in advance for giving this a try!

What level is your pawn?

The offline
Ur-Dragon
fight is rather tedious isn't it. It's a piss easy fight that simply takes forever. Also, since the difficulty gets automatically set to "normal", I finally don't get 1 shot anymore hell yeah.

I can't beat the
chained Gorecyclops
in early BBI unless I cheese him with arrows for 2h straight from the elevation which is not going to happen. Should I just skip him and come back later when I hit harder?

Lanrutcon

The offline
Ur-Dragon
fight is rather tedious isn't it. It's a piss easy fight that simply takes forever. Also, since the difficulty gets automatically set to "normal", I finally don't get 1 shot anymore hell yeah.

I can't beat the
chained Gorecyclops
in early BBI unless I cheese him with arrows for 2h straight from the elevation which is not going to happen. Should I just skip him and come back later when I hit harder?

Yeah. Goreclops are late game enemies. If you have some ice damage that helps, but otherwise just ignore until you have BBI weapons.

Had time to play on now and killed the
Evil Eye in the post game Everfall
in a really awesome fight. God, I hope I got a lot of game left with
Everfall
+ BBI. Love the shit out of this game and don't want it to end at all. Fucking god tier gaming right there.

Honestly, playing on hard on my first playthrough of the game was an awesome choice. I can't get hit ever but it makes for such tense fights. I prefer my games slightly too hard as opposed to too easy.

The difficulty spike in the post game is quite remarkable and makes me anxious like in the first ~10 hours of the game where I had to take steps carefully.

Don't worry my friend you are barely halfway through the game.

Bitterblack isle is huge and I spent more time in it than I did in the main game.

You're also going to be eating your words about hard mode soon(and also possibly in one of the later rooms in everfall) . Bitterblack isle kicks the difficulty up to souls games level even on normal mode, especially in second run through it where the game kicks it up to 11.

Yeah. Goreclops are late game enemies. If you have some ice damage that helps, but otherwise just ignore until you have BBI weapons.

All right. Currently I'm using the Dragon's Vein daggers
Grigori
dropped and I hope the
Ur Dragon
drops those holy enchanted daggers when I kill him today (he's got like 2 health bars left). Is BBI gear that much better?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
All right. Currently I'm using the Dragon's Vein daggers
Grigori
dropped and I hope the
Ur Dragon
drops those holy enchanted daggers when I kill him today (he's got like 2 health bars left). Is BBI gear that much better?

Yes, especially when you've upgraded them to the maximum level. Although Heaven's Keys (the enchanted daggers you're referring to) remain perhaps the best magickal daggers in the game because of their holy enchantment. They can be quite useful in BBI.

Ur-Dragon
down zzzzz what a boring ass fight. Took ages. He dropped Heaven's Keys though so that's good. Killed him with level 65.

Well it's supposed to take ages, the offline version kinda simulates the online one until you get high level and can kill him in under a minute.

Why are you fighting the offfline version anyway? The online version has much better (and exclusive) rewards.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well it's supposed to take ages, the offline version kinda simulates the online one until you get high level and can kill him in under a minute.

Why are you fighting the offfline version anyway? The online version has much better (and exclusive) rewards.
Maybe they don't want to wait for a grace period?

I'm sorry for being a total noob.

How do I mod this game? All I could find was Nexus stuff, but that was pretty confusing and not too noob friendly. Is that I can do?

I'm sorry for being a total noob.

How do I mod this game? All I could find was Nexus stuff, but that was pretty confusing and not too noob friendly. Is that I can do?

all you have to do is install the nexus mod manager, let it detect DD through the automatic detection run through, go to the nexus website and click on the mod you want through nexus link on each page.

you enable and disable the mods through the nexus manager itself.

The Gazer
was pretty easy, wasn't it? I just shot arrows at it until it died. Funnily, all my pawns died and I got solo experience and jumped like 2 or 3 levels. Sick.

One question: According to the internet it makes a difference which vocation I am during purification of BBI gear. Since I'm min-maxing (1-10 Fighter, 11-now Assassin) I was kind of concerned to switch my vocation to Strider (because that's what I apparently need to get that Ring that grants me "A Thousand Kisses") - but since I'm not leveling up during that time I'm not impacting my min/max run, am I?

The Gazer
One question: According to the internet it makes a difference which vocation I am during purification of BBI gear. Since I'm min-maxing (1-10 Fighter, 11-now Assassin) I was kind of concerned to switch my vocation to Strider (because that's what I apparently need to get that Ring that grants me "A Thousand Kisses") - but since I'm not leveling up during that time I'm not impacting my min/max run, am I?
Yes, you can switch vocations to purify your rings, armor and weapons to the same color of your vocation. I did the same thing when I min-max my arisen and pawn. Your stats growth will only apply when you level.
Just don't forget to switch your pawn to a strider or ranger for the Daggerist's Band. Then purify and switch your vocations back.

Yes, you can switch vocations to purify your rings, armor and weapons to the same color of your vocation. I did the same thing when I min-max my arisen and pawn. Your stats growth will only apply when you level.
Just don't forget to switch your pawn to a strider or ranger for the Daggerist's Band. Then purify and switch your vocations back.

Thank you. My pawn is a strider so I should be good. No luck with the ring yet though.

All right, I made a ridiculous mistake that is gonna cost me so bad. I killed
Daimon
and he dropped Boots of Oblivion which is awesome. Sadly, I had two BB Armor Lv.3 items and one of them was a Hood of Shadows I had no use for. So I reloaded, discared the cursed item, saved, and realized I threw away the Boots of Oblivion...

Fuck. Me. This is really killing my motivation. I know these boots are gonna be the exact last fucking thing I'll ever find.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Daimon
and he dropped Boots of Oblivion which is awesome. Sadly, I had two BB Armor Lv.3 items and one of them was a Hood of Shadows I had no use for. So I reloaded, discared the cursed item, saved, and realized I threw away the Boots of Oblivion...

Fuck. Me. This is really killing my motivation. I know these boots are gonna be the exact last fucking thing I'll ever find.

Make some sacrifices to the RNGods and mayhaps they will have mercy upon you.

Daimon

The next BBI lvl 3 armor will still be Oblivion boots as long as your remain a yellow vocation at the time of purification. Discarding corrupted BBI armor doesn't advance the list. You're still good. Just find another BBI armor lvl 3. They're now easier to farm since your in post Daimon now.

The next BBI lvl 3 armor will still be Oblivion boots as long as your remain a yellow vocation at the time of purification. Discarding corrupted BBI armor doesn't advance the list. You're still good. Just find another BBI armor lvl 3. They're now easier to farm since your in post Daimon now.

Oh is that the case? That would be so good. I might have discarded the correct one as well then but didn't know about this mechanic.

AlanOC91

Anyone keep getting disk read error from the last update? (about a month ago i think).

I can't play the game anymore as it keeps trying to download some file and fails. Feel like I tried everything to fix it. Verified integrity, deleted exe and had steam redownload it and un-ticked the artwork dlc and stuff.

Now I did move the game with steam mover but that has never caused issues with any other game.

Anyone experimented with the Impact augment? My ranger pawn has Vehemence, Clout, Ferocity, Sinew and Leg-Strength. Right now, she's using Stability. Its slim pickings for good augments after the first 4.

I'm always checking out augments to maximize the most out of my ranger pawn. Open to other augments for a good ranger pawn. I want her to be as offensive oriented as possible.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Anyone experimented with the Impact augment? My ranger pawn has Vehemence, Clout, Ferocity, Sinew and Leg-Strength. Right now, she's using Stability. Its slim pickings for good augments after the first 4.

I'm always checking out augments to maximize the most out of my ranger pawn. Open to other augments for a good ranger pawn. I want her to be as offensive oriented as possible.

Have you tried Opportunism?

qvYxZdX.jpg

Finished this game yesterday night. Honestly, this is one of the GOAT action RPGs. Took me 64h for all achievements.

Top Bottom