• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online 1st Trailer

Skrams

It didn't click until this trailer that this could just be a Monster Hunter, but faster combat. I've yet to sink my teeth into a Monster Hunter to know if it's really for me besides a few hours of a PSP one, but this could be the next best thing. I should play more regular Dragon's Dogma too as I've only put 10 or so hours into it. Still, super on board with what I'm seeing.

It certainly looks the part, and gameplay wise it seems solid, but I'll wait until we know more info and if there's a chance of localisation.

Ramenman

Dragon’s Dogma Online focuses on online play between friends, as you communicate to take on monsters together, but it will also have single player features such as raising your own Pawn, or even going out with them to explore the world.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/29/dragons-dogma-online-shares-multiplayer-world/

Of course it will, seriously this sounds pretty much like single player Dragon's Dogma except co-op is a possibility and there's "destiny tower hub".

It doesn't sound like an MMO and very much like Dragon's Dogma so I really don't know why anyone would fuss over that. It's wonderful :D

.la1n

This actually looks promising, as long as it isn't too micro transaction heavy could be fun to play with friends.

Looks awesome. Graphics aren't great, but I'm fine with what it looks like.. a cleaner and better performing version of the first one.

UrbanRats

Dragon’s Dogma Online focuses on online play between friends, as you communicate to take on monsters together, but it will also have single player features such as raising your own Pawn, or even going out with them to explore the world.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/29/dragons-dogma-online-shares-multiplayer-world/

i29WODhoLmJ1Z.gif

TheHall

Might as well staple my balls to the couch when this comes out, because i won't be getting up anytime soon.

(Feel free to use that on your box cover Capcom)

HMMMMMM

Well it LOOKS like Dragon's Dogma, that can only be a good thing, but I'll admit that the F2P aspect has knocked a lot of wind out of my sails.

Grief.exe

It didn't click until this trailer that this could just be a Monster Hunter, but faster combat. I've yet to sink my teeth into a Monster Hunter to know if it's really for me besides a few hours of a PSP one, but this could be the next best thing. I should play more regular Dragon's Dogma too as I've only put 10 or so hours into it. Still, super on board with what I'm seeing.

I've noticed that Capcom just makes various forms of Monster Hunter at this point.

Dragon's Dogma - fast Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter
Deep Down - slow Monster Hunter
Ace Attorney - VN Monster Hunter

Syril

I've heard about the not-so-microtransaction shit that Capcom does with Monster Hunter Frontier, so I'm keeping my excitement in check for the time being.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I've noticed that Capcom just makes various forms of Monster Hunter at this point.

Monster Hunter

Don't forget Street Fighter - competetive Monster Hunter and Resident Evil - co-op genocide Monster Hunter.

Skrams

Monster Hunter

This is what I've been saying for years. My favorite MH clone is DMC3.

Also I'm sorry for giving the impression of it being a clone. I just meant purely hunting big monsters with a more character action style combat and then some Shadow of the Colossus grabbing.

How is Phoenix Wright monster Hunter?

Because jokes.

It's so sad to me that I am waiting anxiously to hear details on the business model instead of getting excited for what looks like a great game.

Modern gaming, ladies and gentlemen.

Kandinsky

With this game looking this crappy I'm convinced Itsuno (with his A team) is currently working on DD2 for WiiU. This is probably a team C effort, much like Bloodborne and DS2.

Top Bottom