• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drift0r (Ghosts leaker) RUMOR: Sledgehammers COD is futuristic?

sn00zer

I imagine Activision uses this guy pretty regularly to 'leak' info, especially since he never posts the screens or videos he sees.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is this really a rumour? Sledgehammer was explicitly working on a futuristic IP, then got shunted to support duties on CoD, and now is working on their own CoD. Seems more like basic extrapolation.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So if Infinity Ward has the somewhat apocalyptic near future, Treyarch has the slick tech-y near future, and Sledgehammer has the further future...

What about the past? :(

What we need is a Timecop styled game, multiple eras, all sorts of weapons, maybe some Van Damme.

kazebyaka

Banned
1386176385811.png

Milennia

Is this really a rumour? Sledgehammer was explicitly working on a futuristic IP, then got shunted to support duties on CoD, and now is working on their own CoD. Seems more like basic extrapolation.

Yeah you could say that.
Saw the video after the poster commented and made the thread, didn't even think about it.

All signs point to it being the case, even other recent supposed leaks, such as the random "Blacksmith" tweet.

Quentyn

Its kind of weird that this year we will see a COD made by the Dead Space devs who started the franchise and a Battlefeild game made by Dead Space devs that killed the franchise.

It's a bit sad to be honest. Dead Space had it's problems, but I still liked the IP.

I hope both teams will do enough changes to shake up the formula.

DREYDUS

Banned
It's Call of duty yawn no matter the setting date.

Stop making the games arcad elike, built for kids and with camping in mind -add recoil to the guns and make people actually use some aiming skill and maybe just maybe people will get interested in it again.

As it is right now a 10 year old can carry a team after 2 or three games of just picking it up.

900bv

Banned

Stop making the games arcad elike, built for kids and with camping in mind -add recoil to the guns and make people actually use some aiming skill and maybe just maybe people will get interested in it again.

As it is right now a 10 year old can carry a team after 2 or three games of just picking it up.

A ten year old could still type better than you can.

It's still gonna feel like a reskinned CoD no matter how futuristic it is... Basically the same formula and gameplay mechanics since CoD 4. So many MP games are emerging this year that feel fresh and new like Titanfall, Destiny and Evolve. The franchise needs radical changes. Ditch kill streaks and introduce some new rewards system for a start.

I'll take Driftor's word on this. He's a cool guy, and his videos are very informative.

You do know that's what COD tries to do, right? It tries to make it like an arcade shooter. It's supposed to be easily picked up and played, that's what people like about it.

What does that even mean? What huge gun from Titanfall? How are huge guns even something unique to Titanfall?

I would bet EA can pull a trailer quote from somewhere claiming that not only did Titanfall invent giant robots, but it invented large guns too. And guns in general. And the concept of multiplayer gaming.

BPoole

So the 6th gen was littered with WW2 shooters, the 7th gen with modern military shooters, and now the 8th gen with futuristic military shooters (Titanfall, Destiny, CoD, Planetside 2, Halo, Killzone, and possibly BF 2143)

Mikey Jr.

Sounds generic as fuck as usual.

COD is on its way down. Titan Fall seems to be the new hotness in that style of game.

If their idea of the future is just going to be more Black Ops 2, where it's in the distant future and the guns have barely changed, then I'm still not interested.

Hip Hop

If they were the reason of why Modern Warfare 3 turned out the way it did, I hope it translates into the new game.

Really enjoyed that game.

okayfrog

Banned
So, it's starting to seem a bit familiar to you?

Sounds like COD.

What's weird is that I'd always enter "Which CoD is this?" troll threads and say, "C'mon, you can easily tell the difference," but seeing as how Ghosts was the first CoD I didn't buy, I gave this video the benefit of the doubt for the first two or three minutes.

DREYDUS

Banned
I'll take Driftor's word on this. He's a cool guy, and his videos are very informative.

You do know that's what COD tries to do, right? It tries to make it like an arcade shooter. It's supposed to be easily picked up and played, that's what people like about it.

yes we are aware of this however that is what makes the game garbage now. it is too pick up & play easy with child like rewards. this resulted in sales but now is hurting the game as sales are declining because people are sick of the that same formula.

yes we are aware of this however that is what makes the game garbage now. it is too pick up & play easy with child like rewards. this resulted in sales but now is hurting the game as sales are declining because people are sick of the that same formula.

They're declining but I really doubt that Activision is freaking out. Ghosts sold 9m units in the US in just three months. That's more than most games can sell worldwide.

Caayn

Just bring back the Zombie mode, with some new maps and crazy weapons/perks, from the first BO and I'm happy.

Please please please please yes.

Current-era war games are so goddamn stale. BO2 had a nice mix of futuristic-y guns and killstreaks. Made it a lot more interesting, and allows for a lot more freedom when designing stuff.

900bv

Banned
Is sharing your private message against the TOS? If so, I don't care. DREYDUS everybody.

must be 10-15 said:
lol sensitive about ur precious COD huh. LMAO

This was my first PM too. I feel delighted.

EL CUCO

Of all the "leaks" we've seen in the interwebz today, this one seems the most legit.

Especially with a Titanfall ready for deployment next week. Activision are circling like vultures right now trying to steal any type of hype.

Top Bottom