• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drift0r (Ghosts leaker) RUMOR: Sledgehammers COD is futuristic?

i thought black ops was suppose to be future? also that big guns thing sound bad/corny for COD,that direction i can see pissing off COD gamers.

J-Rzez

Better than "modern" times I guess, though I have a real craving for a good new WW2 game on a beautiful engine with great lighting/effects/physics, and hopefully brutal gore.

i thought black ops was suppose to be future? also that big guns thing sound bad for COD,that direction i can see pissing off COD gamers.

Well, it takes place in the future. There are two storylines in BO2, one from the past and the present (in the game world). The past takes place in the late 80's while the present is 2025. So, as you can see it's really not that far into the future. Which is why if you just saw random screenshots of BO2 it'd look just like any other CoD. I think some are hoping that this really looks like something completely different due to a futuristic setting.

SHADES

To be honest, I don't think I'm much better to break the whole "Junior members suck" stereotype either.

Tbh, the dude shouldn't be pm'ing you in that regard, it's your opinion & you're welcome to voice it.

Either have the discussion in the thread or not at all, that's my motto anyway.

900bv

Banned
I'm bored, so I'll continue sharing.

Re: must be 10-15 said:
And you are everything I hate about nazi forum scrubs

Were discussing a scrub game and you're concered about a typing error

get out of ur mom's basement for a bit.

Anyway, back to the thread.

Better than "modern" times I guess, though I have a real craving for a good new WW2 game on a beautiful engine with great lighting/effects/physics, and hopefully brutal gore.

You may want to check out Sniper Elite 3, seems to check all of your boxes.

Portugeezer

I am a sceptical about first time leakers, was the only thing he leaked Ghosts? Plus he says this is some random email he received, already making excuses for when it's BS.

Valnen

I hope it's actually futuristic and not just guns and soliders with slightly different designs. I wanna see laser guns and shit.

And make the campaign essentially Call of Duty: Blood Dragon.

I would kill for a CoD that looked like this:

4564-25-978052.jpg

Oh wow, I literally mentioned hunter killers when we were talking about future COD during our session last night.

Portugeezer

I hope it's actually futuristic and not just guns and soliders with slightly different designs. I wanna see laser guns and shit.

And make the campaign essentially Call of Duty: Blood Dragon.

That won't happen because it's not cool enough for all the bro gamers.

Nokterian

Sledgehammer and Infauxity Ward. Sorry i don't give a damn about them anymore. First and foremost this is what call of duty will never have the sheer amount of talent that is working at Respawn and this not gobbing a studio this is what those guys made MW1 or even before so good. And now with Titanfall i can't play any other shooter without a jetpack,wallrunning and vertical gameplay. Can't see why this is exciting news oh look a futuristic shooter (Black Ops 2 was nearly there) but i expect nothing compared what titanfall is having in store when it launches in 2 weeks.

Valnen

Sledgehammer and Infauxity Ward. Sorry i don't give a damn about them anymore. First and foremost this is what call of duty will never have the sheer amount of talent that is working at Respawn and this not gobbing a studio this is what those guys made MW1 or even before so good. And now with Titanfall i can't play any other shooter without a jetpack,wallrunning and vertical gameplay. Can't see why this is exciting news oh look a futuristic shooter (Black Ops 2 was nearly there) but i expect nothing compared what titanfall is having in store when it launches in 2 weeks.

No offense but this practically sounds like marketing.

MercuryLS

Banned

Sincerely,
Vince Zampella
CEO of Respawn Entertainment

The talent at Sledgehammer is nothing to roll your eyes at. Whether or not they're as good as Respawn is a matter of opinion, but they do have the creators of Dead Space as well as the director of what many consider to be the best Bond game (Everything or Nothing). They aren't just some random industry no names.

I've wanted a not-so-far-off-future (hoping that's what it is, at least) FPS since Battlefield 2142. I thought they did the best with a blend of "real" guns and plausible energy-based weapons. The vehicles were good and mechs were only a small component.

i thought black ops was suppose to be future? also that big guns thing sound bad/corny for COD,that direction i can see pissing off COD gamers.

if you want to get technical all the "modern" games were in the future (some further than others) but they still all mostly utilized modern weapons

maneil99

You guys realise sledgehammer was founded by dead space devs and didnt have much creative space with mw3. They were called in to get it done. Im pumped.

Noogy

This is EXACTLY the moment that Activision should let something like this leak. I'd be all for a futuristic COD though.

You guys realise sledgehammer was founded by dead space devs and didnt have much creative space with mw3. They were called in to get it done. Im pumped.

I'm pretty sure most of their work was on the Multiplayer as well. Polishing up the MP Maps and the Perks system.

gioGAF

Futuristic CoD with ray guns and shiitake? I guess that means I'm out.

Guess I should clarify, I'm not a fan of the futuristic setting for CoD. For me, part of the appeal of CoD is the modern day setting.

Ridley327

The talent at Sledgehammer is nothing to roll your eyes at. Whether or not they're as good as Respawn is a matter of opinion, but they do have the creators of Dead Space as well as the director of what many consider to be the best Bond game (Everything or Nothing). They aren't just some random industry no names.

Yeah, I wouldn't write them off just because MW3 was a mess. It certainly wasn't their fault.

Top Bottom