• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB INTERVIEW Q&A

Raymo

:(

Just like Forza then. Both being rushed, imo.

It is still a completely dynamic lighting engine. Every track they put out will have any possible time of day. I think it's great. You can start a race during the day and end at night depending on how long you race and how fast the day night cycle is set.

I think this will be a service type game that they support longer than a normal game. I recall them hinting at this. It would give them plenty of time to add weather effects and other features to the game over time. It is not ideal, but it's something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No weather, no problem. Let me get bumper cam and I'll buy this game. Its a shame because the game sounds quite fun.

Certinty

No weather is disappointing.

I'll obviously give the PS+ version a try but even if I like it I'll probably hold off from buying the full game.

Will there be weather effects?

This is actually a question that comes up quite a bit. Obviously, what we’re currently focussed on is getting the game perfect and building a community around it first, but if there is a call for weather effects, nothing is currently off the cards at this point. The game that you play day 1 on PlayStation 4 is not going to be the same game you play a year down the line because it will have evolved a lot. We’re keeping the development architecture of the tracks etc very much open. We’re not closing off anything just yet. Time of day is something that will be implemented at launch.

It better 'evolve' through an update and not dlc

Shaneus

It better 'evolve' through an update and not dlc
Weather doesn't come across as the sort of thing that would be DLC. To me, DLC always just feels like it's actual content rather than features (as in, tracks and cars, not options that can be toggled on/off), if that makes sense.

Weather doesn't come across as the sort of thing that would be DLC. To me, DLC always just feels like it's actual content rather than features (as in, tracks and cars, not options that can be toggled on/off), if that makes sense.
Weather was Free DLC for Burnout Paradise back in the day, along with motorcycles.

Playstation Access Dev Interview(The Designer) he's says this is an early version(London Event) and the game is looking better day by day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI-JzjkbIzo&feature=youtu.be

Plus New Pic.

BO1laRZCMAAW_LN.jpg:large

sunnz

The sooner we see the latest build, the better.

Eh, I guess it won't really matter, since I will be able to get it from PS plus and check it out properly anyway.

Top Bottom