• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub New Screens + HQ Re-Reveal Trailer

123rl

That trailer looks phenomenal. With the pedigree behind this game, I don't see it being anything but amazing.

fasTRapid

Banned
Sony has not used bullshots for PS4 so far.
Yes, they have. inFamous: Second Son's press shots were supersampled as well. But that doesn't make it any less impressive.

Well given the portrait mode shots they could be photomode which applies supersampling, like GT
There is no such thing as photo mode, ...

Just wait and watch those FAME points popping up for sale in the PSN store...
...micro-transactions ...

I'd love to know if this actual gameplay or from a super sampled photo/replay mode equivalent. Looks incredible.
...or replay mode.

Most racing Games use Replay Mode for Trailers. So I am 99% sure the game looks like this in Replay Mode. Lets see how it looks ingame (while driving), I hope it is close!
No replay mode. ;)

viveks86

Damn! I'm disappointed in this video. The quality is better than youtube but barely passes the "HQ" baseline! Compression artifacts everywhere! :/

And what is going on with the trees in the last portion of the video?

jAFx9BP4Jorc3.png

I checked the youtube version and that seems to have it as well. Is that a compression artifact too?

Having said that, the video proves that the game has some of the best AA I have seen this generation. The visual accomplishments are astounding!

Hoping all the info and media next week will seal my confidence in this game being a must-buy for me.

stryke

Damn! I'm disappointed in this video. The quality is better than youtube but barely passes the "HQ" baseline! Compression artifacts everywhere! :/

jAFx9BP4Jorc3.png

I checked the youtube version and that seems to have it as well. Is that a compression artifact too?

Having said that, the video proves that the game has some of the best AA I have seen this generation. The visual accomplishments are astounding!

Hoping all the info and media next week will seal my confidence in this game being a must-buy for me.

I brought it up on the first page. Looks like something to do with how tree detail is handled when in fog.

low-G

jAFx9BP4Jorc3.png

That's typical transparency dithering you see on consoles (360 gen and this gen).

Will wait on direct feed gameplay videos before I believe in the AA, though if its anything like Infamous it'll be incredible. That dithering worries me a bit only because it reminds me of how much I ran into similar stuff in GT6. Trailers and replay footage of Bathurst made it look glorious but in actual gameplay the trees on both sides of the track were dithered to hell and back and I'm not sure I'm seen anything bust a visual illusion quite so quickly and completely as that.

Awesome to read this right here.

jAFx9BP4Jorc3.png

Wow, that makes it clear that this is indeed realtime... holy shit. That's an LOD artifact.

viveks86

I brought it up on the first page. Looks like something to do with how tree detail is handled when in fog.

That's typical transparency dithering you see on consoles (360 gen and this gen).

Ahhh I see… I guess those aren't going away, then.

Wow, that makes it clear that this is indeed realtime... holy shit. That's an LOD artifact.

You still had doubts?! It's time to #BELIEVE, dear :)

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I already posted a link to the high quality trailer in the existing trailer thread. It can be found here, at Vimeo.

Images aren't new either, some were in this thread from two days ago.

I believe Ged Talbot is still there, I think. So you're in good hands.

Oh, and this:
jis6vw0.png

:D

I loved PGR but i remember that game getting hung drawn and quartered by PS3 fans that it was 30 fps. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are saying "no on complained about pgr" LMAO ...err no.

Cant wait for this game, it will be glorious!

pixlexic

Banned

jAFx9BP4Jorc3.png

its dithering. dithering is still used a lot today when LOD objects into a scene.

123rl

I'd rather play PGR at 30fps than a lot of 60fps racing games. Framerate matters but it is not the absolute last word. Just give me PGR with a new name and license and I'll be fucking happy

sneaky77

That twit from rushy just reads like the microtrans, will be related to buying a new car, or a new track or stuff that is not one time use.

FranXico

I loved PGR but i remember that game getting hung drawn and quartered by PS3 fans that it was 30 fps. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are saying "no on complained about pgr" LMAO ...err no.

Cant wait for this game, it will be glorious!

The same can be said about the 360+X1 fans who now suddenly remembered how important 60fps is.

MavFan619

Banned
This might have to be my first racing game in years, if it's fun enough an upgrade from the Plus edition is in order, so beautiful looking.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I hate dithering. I loath dithering. Peace Walker made me want to kill myself because it basically had a dither filter. I was hoping I would never ever ever ever had to see it again this generation. Maybe they'll fix it though.

I'd rather play PGR at 30fps than a lot of 60fps racing games. Framerate matters but it is not the absolute last word. Just give me PGR with a new name and license and I'll be fucking happy

Evolutions Motorstorn games were fantastic, and they were 30fps, Apocalypse is one of the best looking PS3 games to date and people still post gifs of it....and it was tons of fun. I know, I know, rubberband A.I , but the games were lots of fun....60fps vs. 30fps, Fun doesn't have a definitive framerate...

low-G

I hate dithering. I loath dithering. Peace Walker made me want to kill myself because it basically had a dither filter. I was hoping I would never ever ever ever had to see it again this generation. Maybe they'll fix it though.

With the way color depth is handled in games these days you're going to have to wait for a major revision in graphics rendering. That alpha blending space you miss is being used to improve other effects (more accurate shader effects).

Lynq

Banned
I wouldn't count on that

Untitled.png

Untitleda.png

That's one of main reasons I'm choosing PS4. It's exclusives don't have microtransactions. At the same time, Xbox One... Ehm... I don't care about microtransactions in F2P games, but when I see them in 60$ title...

Jigolo

83571-Blink-182-WTF-gif-Imgur-First-VbnD.gif

There is no way this can look better by launch. Nope. No way. Na uh.

WTF MAN GRAPHICS HAVE COME SO FAR

benzy

ok just saw it on my computer, it's amazing.
Can't believe it's gameplay, what a difference from E3. Jesus.

This is from last E3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6vrxKC1Nco#t=118

Is it me or is there a severe lack of body roll in this game? Even in this new re-reveal trailer, the cars just look like they're gliding across the road whenever they turn. Not trying to be negative, it just stands out and makes the game look more arcade than sim. The actual graphics look incredible.

For those pointing out the Super Sampled shots, they don't really mean much in case of PS4 and Sony. We got the super sampled shots for both Killzone and inFamous and the end game looked as close, if not any better. So i wouldn't really bet on them being some sort of bullshots, even if they might appear so. I am sure that the same IQ might be seen in the end game, even if limited to some sort of photo mode only.

benzy

I believe Driveclub is supposed to be similar to PGR, no?

It's not PGR without cities. I think just having a mix of sim and arcade handling doesn't make it PGR-like, as there are several other games that do it and aren't like PGR at all. It's just a GAF thing trying to make DC into the next PGR since a PGR dev is working at Evolutions now.

Arukado

Omg the lighting, it looks... hnnnngggg.

Really great visuals overall.

PD: A motorstorm game on ps4 with these graphics would melt my face.

I wouldn't count on that

Untitled.png

Untitleda.png

That's quite ballsy and possibly controversial for someone of his position to take that stance and just outright criticise and dismiss microtransactions like that. I can't imagine some of the higher-ups at Sony are all too impressed with his words, considering Gran Turismo 6 was a recent racing game that enforced "consumables."

He's earned major brownie points from me because of this though. Fight the good fight Rushy.

I really hope they have been paying attention to what Sucker Punch have done with adding a photo mode to Infamous.
Rushy confirmed a photo mode last year:

We are working on a photo mode, but that's all I can say about it right now.

IT NEEDS A DEBUG TYPE CAMERA RUSHY

I want to go in the clouds and take photos, I want to go inside the headlights, up the exhaust pipes, no area should be off limits, make it happen and take us out of the racing game photo mode ghetto.

SHADES

This game looks stunning, wow!

As an Alfisti (Alfa nut) I can't wait to play a game that actually portrays the Alfa's correctly in terms of speed, Forza always had them underpowered ie:the stock 8c was well underpowered for its category IMO but that 4c looks like it's giving its competition some welly and that makes my heart grow fonder for this game.

benzy

Rushy confirmed a photo mode last year:

IT NEEDS A DEBUG TYPE CAMERA RUSHY

I want to go in the clouds and take photos, I want to go inside the headlights, up the exhaust pipes, no area should be off limits, make it happen and take us out of the racing game photo mode ghetto.

Yes! give us a free roaming camera.

JawzPause

Wow looked a lot better than the youtube version.
Youtube should really offer a "youtube plus" service which allows people to upload in 60fps and non-compressed.

Top Bottom