• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub New Screens + HQ Re-Reveal Trailer

EGOMON

EA locked the license down for Porsche till inifnity. I wonder why Porsche would only license it to them? I mean Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. are in all racing games. Strange how Porsche don't want their cars in a huge game like GT.

Talking about Japanes cars, there isn't any in this game, no?
Well in one of Kaz interview he said that he has a good relationship with Porsche and both are eager to bring Porsche cars to GT as soon as their contact with EA expire, so am sure Porsche will not renew the contract again.

As for Japanese cars am sure we will have them i even remember Rushy once saying that they are planning to include all range of cars form everyday compacts to supercars, so there is hope to see some of the iconic performance Japanese cars like GTR, Supra, WRX, Evolution, NSX, LFA and RX-7

So far EVO showed us 35 different cars in DRIVECLUB, here is the list:
http://www.igcd.net/game.php?PHPSES...HPSESSID=c18ff1&id=1000010024&width=1600&l=en

Shaneus

The video you linked to at Vimeo is nowhere near same quality as the HQ trailer in this thread. The Vimeo video is 720p and 39MB size. This HQ trailer is 1080p and 178MB size.
Nope. If you're signed into Vimeo and go to the official download link, there's an "original" quality video that's exactly the same size. Almost all Vimeo videos give you an option to download an "original" version.

Don't think I'm that stupid.

Has any sort of single player campaign been confirmed or is it all just online stuff?

yes there is a single player mode

where you could play it offline by yourself

"Driveclub is at its best when you're connected," he said, "as you'll always have fresh and exciting new challenges around the corner."
"It's up to you how you play, when you play and who you play with," he continued. "You can play solo if you want: online or offline."
"There's a full single-player campaign for you along with the ability to set up your own events, which will all help you earn access to new cars and rewards," Rustchynsky explained. "Everything is better when your online though, connected to friends and playing in a club, sharing every moment and competing in engaging challenges."
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/0...-played-online-but-offline-play-still-offered

Audrey-Hepburn-Pulls-Down-Glasses.gif

this was the only good one

Shaneus

That's quite ballsy and possibly controversial for someone of his position to take that stance and just outright criticise and dismiss microtransactions like that. I can't imagine some of the higher-ups at Sony are all too impressed with his words, considering Gran Turismo 6 was a recent racing game that enforced "consumables."

He's earned major brownie points from me because of this though. Fight the good fight Rushy.
He's one of us, basically. I'm not at all worried :)

I loved PGR but i remember that game getting hung drawn and quartered by PS3 fans that it was 30 fps. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are saying "no on complained about pgr" LMAO ...err no.

Cant wait for this game, it will be glorious!
I don't remember that happening at all, if anything PS3 fans were the ones getting 'hung drawn and quartered' all through last gen. People complained alright, but PGR3 came out a year before PS3 was released and PS3 vs X360 doesn't come into it. The controversy was because it was supposed to be 60fps on release, but this was changed to 30fps (oh!)

So I suggest you are talking shit there, but will be happy for you to prove otherwise. However, this thread and this one might invoke some deja vu for anybody interested.
I'm pretty sure it was PGR4 that copped the "60fps or bust" comments here on GAF, because prior to launch I think there was some (very) faint hope that it'd hit 60 (from Bizarre themselves).

I thought the 'controversy' was that it wasn't 720p? I don't remember them saying they were aiming for 60fps, but it's been so long that maybe I forgot?
Yah, I reckon so too, but for PGR3. PGR4 was 720p native, so I guess the next target was the framerate.

Dear Polyphony Digital sound engineers,

please listen to the engines in that trailer and take notes. Seriously.

Thx,
BZX
lols, nice pun.

QgtYLOn.jpg

I hope no devs ever listen to you as you seem to have some bad ideas. Nobody likes a fraud and you're suggesting they fake it? Naa brah.

*This is not directed just at you but to all the 60fps complainers*
The devs do what they want to do and nobody is forcing anyone to buy the game. Just because a small group of people share a view point, that doesn't mean others share it as well. Why should the devs change it just for those people? The only people qualified to make decisions about what's best for the game is the devs. A game is essentially a project. It has a reason for existence, a scope, goals and the game is the final result of that project. You are presented with the game, you can either accept it or reject it. It's one thing to offer constructive criticism, but it's another to troll and beat a dead horse. They announced that the game would be 30fps and there was plenty of opportunities to voice your discontent. I'm quite sure that we have passed that phase now. By now everyone should have come to terms with the decision. The title of this thread isn't Driveclub fps discussion so can we stop turning every Driveclub thread into an fps discussion. If you want to complain about framerates, there's a thread for that. Just go look up the fps announcement thread and I'm sure everything you want to say has already been voiced.

I apologize to others for the rant.
/RantOver
Bookmarking this, and if anyone mentions framerate in a DC thread again, it's coming out. Perfect.

Mascot

I'm pretty sure it was PGR4 that copped the "60fps or bust" comments here on GAF, because prior to launch I think there was some (very) faint hope that it'd hit 60 (from Bizarre themselves).

This was all down to Gareth Wilson's ill-advised post-360 launch comment that PGR3 would have been 60fps if they'd had a few more weeks to work on it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kinda off topic but one thing that gets under my skin is when you know your game looks damn good, why would you NOT release/provide high bitrate footage? If you don't wanna take the bandwidth hit, just hook up gamersyde with the footage. "But I submit it to marketing" blah blah blah...fuck your excuses. Do you own damn game justice for fuck's sake and release the best quality footage you can. You owe it to yourselves; the people that are pouring their freaking hearts and souls into the project day and night. This is not directed at DC or Evolution btw, just had to get it off my chest.

On topic: god damn this game looks sexy as hell. Just make sure the framerate is super solid 30fps aka no drops. I'll be there day one.

wilflare

seeing all those avatars pop up <3 -especially @yosp happy face-

lol. I look forward to the day they add Nintendo execs just for fun
Imagine besting Reggie's timing

viveks86

Been streaming this to my tv. Watching it over and over and over! The sounds, the lighting, the music, the camera, environments and most importantly, the cars... such a well executed trailer. I wonder if weavermonkey worked on this or someone else. Whoever it is, good job!

Looks like they are hiring someone dedicated for this as well. He/she has big shoes to fill in

Cuyejo

That HQ trailer looks impossibly clean, IQ wise, if the game really looks like that then they've really come a long way since the first gameplay reveals.

VanWinkle

Please, PLEASE, tell me why on earth Driveclub screenshots have this stupid filter over it. In the videos, there is no such thing. There shouldn't BE such a thing. It doesn't even look good on the screenshots. It does a tremendous disservice to the game.

MrJoe

Banned
I've gotta call bs (bullshot) on that video. no way will the real, final version of the game have such clean IQ. still should be the best looking racer until the next GT.

Shaneus

Been streaming this to my tv. Watching it over and over and over! The sounds, the lighting, the music, the camera, environments and most importantly, the cars... such a well executed trailer. I wonder if weavermonkey worked on this or someone else. Whoever it is, good job!

Looks like they are hiring someone dedicated for this as well. He/she has big shoes to fill in
The guy who worked on this trailer (whose Vimeo I linked to earlier) is Eamon Urtone, whose worked on a stack of trailers and probably best known as a full-time employee of Bizarre back in the day. Here's some stuff he did that I like which I'm sure you're familiar with :)
Forza 4 Intro (It Starts)
PGR4 - Macau (especially love the bit at 1:07)
PGR4 intro
Blur intro
Blur MP Beta intro
Blur - Fast Track trailer (probably my fave?)
Sonic Transformed E3 trailer
Blood Stone intro
and of course:
Driveclub E3 trailer
Driveclub Mercedez-Benz trailer

PS. Farewell, Bizarre :(

Basically, if he's done a trailer for a game, I'll probably buy it on the trailer alone. Dude just knows his shit better than anyone IMO.

viveks86

The guy who worked on this trailer (whose Vimeo I linked to earlier) is Eamon Urtone, whose worked on a stack of trailers and probably best known as a full-time employee of Bizarre back in the day. Here's some stuff he did that I like which I'm sure you're familiar with :)
Forza 4 Intro (It Starts)
PGR4 - Macau (especially love the bit at 1:07)
PGR4 intro
Blur intro
Blur MP Beta intro
Blur - Fast Track trailer (probably my fave?)
Sonic Transformed E3 trailer
Blood Stone intro
and of course:
Driveclub E3 trailer
Driveclub Mercedez-Benz trailer

PS. Farewell, Bizarre :(

Basically, if he's done a trailer for a game, I'll probably buy it on the trailer alone. Dude just knows his shit better than anyone IMO.

Cool! Thanks. I'm not sure who worked on the E3 trailer though. I see it in weavermonkey's portfolio as well. He has all the driveclub videos uploaded to his account too, including the latest one. May be both of them were working on afferent aspects of it?

I just want another clip or two of some cockpit view racing. Those 15 second clips were mind blowing back in the day.

Gameplay is coming this Friday

We'll be posting the answers along with some never-before-seen gameplay footage from the upcoming racer on Friday May 9, so be sure to check back then for all the latest info.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/ask-the-driveclub-developers-anything-you-want

The short clips they've released have some of the best sound that i've heard in a racing game.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Why the hell is every gamersyde video I wish to download is from a european link or french?

We are based in France and can't afford the US based download server right now (though we might be able to get a new one soon). Still, you should get acceptable performance from our download servers even from the other side of the Atlantic.

Socky

Beautiful. Fridays video can't come soon enough. Neither can October for that matter. I hope DC is going to be playable at EGX this year. Hint hint Sony.

Kane1345

We are based in France and can't afford the US based download server right now (though we might be able to get a new one soon). Still, you should get acceptable performance from our download servers even from the other side of the Atlantic.

Blim doing God's work. Keep bringing the HQ goodness mate :D

Top Bottom