• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub New Screens + HQ Re-Reveal Trailer

GameSeeker

Looks great. Still, I had hoped that current gen would stop using bullshots to represent game play graphics.

I'd love to know if this actual gameplay or from a super sampled photo/replay mode equivalent. Looks incredible.

Too bad trailer is supersampled. I really would like to see what the game would actually look like for once, especially now that we know PS4 games can look perfectly fine without cheating the viewer. Infamous SS didn't need to use supersampling for its trailers and promo videos, and people were that much more impressed for it. Yeah, we know it will have a few jaggies even if it's using same AA method Infamous did - but it's not a big deal. Don't put "Captured From PS4" when that in fact stretches the truth to its limits, as PS4 was probably rendering this at 10FPS or something.

No way this is true, the IQ is just too good.

At the same time, didn't evolution learn their lesson with their MotorStorm BS reveal, would they be silly enough to do it again?

If this is how the game is going to look... #dead.

Anybody doubting the graphics in the trailer will be eating crow come Oct. The screen shots are bullshots, as are almost all screenshots released by Sony, MS, Activision, EA, Ubisoft, etc. But the video is real.

Sony got lambasted for using CGI trailers for the PS3, specifically KZ2 and Motorstorm. Sony learned a corporate lesson and you can see that from Day 1 of the PS4 reveal Sony has been very careful to show real video footage running on a PS4.

KZ:SF, Knack, Infamous: Second Son and Resogun look equal or better in the final shipping version compared to any released trailer from reveal, E3, Gamescom, TGS, etc.

The same will prove true for DriveClub.

Youtube is fine, as long as you put on direct feed videos at 1080P.

Friggin devs keep using low quality video for that site.

Youtube reencodes every video uploaded to it at a very low bitrate. The quality of the source file doesn't matter. Maybe you can't see the difference, but a lot of us can, which is why we're always asking for Gamersyde videos, as they encode everything at 35Mbps.

Anybody doubting the graphics in the trailer will be eating crow come Oct. The screen shots are bullshots, as are almost all screenshots released by Sony, MS, Activision, EA, Ubisoft, etc. But the video is real.

Sony got lambasted for using CGI trailers for the PS3, specifically KZ2 and Motorstorm. Sony learned a corporate lesson and you can see that from Day 1 of the PS4 reveal Sony has been very careful to show real video footage running on a PS4.

KZ:SF, Knack, Infamous: Second Son and Resogun look equal or better in the final shipping version compared to any released trailer from reveal, E3, Gamescom, TGS, etc.

You probably say the same thing about every single screenshot that is posted on here from Infamous SS too. There's nothing "bullshotty" about them.

I think it's pretty awesome that we've reached a point with visuals now where the developer/publisher seems to have to prove that the graphics are real. Over the past year, I've seen a number of publications/people casually refer to the trailers for the likes of inFAMOUS: Second Son and The Order 1886 as CGI. It's happening with DriveClub now as well. The thing is - certainly in the case of inFAMOUS - it actually just looks like that...

Mental, really.

Filaipus

Banned
This seems to be much more arcade than any Forza or GT so I don't think 30fps will hurt the game at all.
It looks gorgeous, shame I'm out of money and can't yet afford any new-gen console haha

Bluenova

Neo Member
You can check my post history, I have trusted in Evo.. lol. These screens look spectacular, but I'm more excited because in true evo fashion, tracks have multiple variations!

Also it was put well earlier, the Devs decide the fps. the insinuation that this game maybe unplayable with 30 fps- they should go play Motorstorm for instance

anyways don't stop rushy, Evo keep pushing it.

GameSeeker

You probably say the same thing about every single screenshot that is posted on here from Infamous SS too. There's nothing "bullshotty" about them.

My bad, I wasn't clear enough. I will distinguish PR shots which are almost always bullshots vs. in game shots. Infamous: Second Son has a wonderful photo mode that was recently added, and all the screen shots posted in the Infamous:SS screenshot thread are actual screen shots. I've taken many photo mode shots myself in Infamous:SS and the screenshots are totally 100% in game, what you see is what you get. From a graphics perspective Infamous:SS looks fantastic, and in my opinion, better than any other shipping game on next-gen consoles.

I expect Evolution to add a photo mode to DriveClub and we will be able to take screen shots that rival those of Infamous:SS.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
post-39503-Dodgeball-oh-my-sweet-Jesus-gi-UYQA.gif

iKMKkls5ygqiy.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
holy shit, this looks absolutely incredible. just rocketed to 'probably definitely buy'.

PLEASE let sony make a spiritual sequel to PGR with this level of visual quality at some point

Oh wow, I didn't know Hybrid was composing for this game. Might not even hope for custom soundtrack support if they bring the goods.

holy shit, this looks absolutely incredible. just rocketed to 'probably definitely buy'.

PLEASE let sony make a spiritual sequel to PGR with this level of visual quality at some point

Indeed. When it comes to "simcade" handling, PGR3/4 can't be beat (although Forza Horizon comes damned close).

Please Evo, make sure you nail the handling.

I loved PGR but i remember that game getting hung drawn and quartered by PS3 fans that it was 30 fps. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are saying "no on complained about pgr" LMAO ...err no.

Cant wait for this game, it will be glorious!

I don't remember that happening at all, if anything PS3 fans were the ones getting 'hung drawn and quartered' all through last gen. People complained alright, but PGR3 came out a year before PS3 was released and PS3 vs X360 doesn't come into it. The controversy was because it was supposed to be 60fps on release, but this was changed to 30fps (oh!)

So I suggest you are talking shit there, but will be happy for you to prove otherwise. However, this thread and this one might invoke some deja vu for anybody interested.

The comments have got the lot:

'60 or bust!'
'the developers lied!'
'should be 120fps!'
'call this next gen?!'
'30fps is more cinematic!'

Gestault

I can't freaking wait for this game. All the media for it is looking better and better, and they'll have had time to put in the polish the team clearly deserves. Someone at Sony deserves some kudos for the continued support it seems to be getting. My ONLY lingering fear is that the handling might seem "off," but I haven't seen anything to give that teeth.

leadbelly

Banned
All the cars in the trailer, according to Dualshockers:

• Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • Pagani Zonda R
  • BAC Mono
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
  • RUF Rt 12 R
  • RUF CTR 3 Clubsport
  • Hennessey Venom GT
  • Koenigsegg Agera R
  • Gumpert Apollo R
  • Audi R8 Coupé
  • McLaren 12C Coupé
  • GTA Spano
  • Savage Rivale
  • Ariel Atom
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupè Black Series
  • Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupè
  • Marussia B2
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...e-latest-trailer-identified-with-screenshots/

Ah interesting. I thought I saw a Porsche in there, it turns out it was a Ruf Rt 12 R. lol

shem935

Banned
Good god.

Rushy you are doing a superb job of reintroducing this game to people. Keep it up we all love you around here!

Abriael

Banned
Ah interesting. I thought I saw a Porsche in there, it turns out it was a Ruf Rt 12 R. lol

Yeah, apparently all the Porsches in the game are actually RUF, due to the usual EA exclusive deal.

I do hope they include the whole RUF range (it's only 5 cars anyway), since I actually love them.

I don't remember that happening at all, if anything PS3 fans were the ones getting 'hung drawn and quartered' all through last gen. People complained alright, but PGR3 came out a year before PS3 was released and PS3 vs X360 doesn't come into it. The controversy was because it was supposed to be 60fps on release, but this was changed to 30fps (oh!)

So I suggest you are talking shit there, but will be happy for you to prove otherwise. However, this thread and this one might invoke some deja vu for anybody interested.

'60 or bust!'
'the developers lied!'
'should be 120fps!'
'call this next gen?!'

I thought the 'controversy' was that it wasn't 720p? I don't remember them saying they were aiming for 60fps, but it's been so long that maybe I forgot?

'60 or bust!'
'the developers lied!'
'should be 120fps!'
'call this next gen?!'

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Yeah, apparently all the Porsches in the game are actually RUF, due to the usual EA exclusive deal.

I do hope they include the whole RUF range (it's only 5 cars anyway), since I actually love them.

Yep, if you see a car that looks like a Porsche in a non-EA game then you can bank on it being a RUF. No one seems to know when EA's deal ends or if they'll renew when it does. It honestly seems like a waste of money for them. Having exclusive rights to the NFL and FIFA makes a lot of sense. Those licenses play a big part in people buying those games. But Porsche? They don't have anywhere near that amount of pull. It's just a single car brand.

I don't play racers most of the time, unless it is Mario Kart, Diddy Kong racing, or Sonic all Stars. However, I am buying this day one. This game looks extremely fun, and if I can get my dream car. RX-7 I will cry! :D

gogogow

EA locked the license down for Porsche till inifnity. I wonder why Porsche would only license it to them? I mean Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. are in all racing games. Strange how Porsche don't want their cars in a huge game like GT.

I don't play racers most of the time, unless it is Mario Kart, Diddy Kong racing, or Sonic all Stars. However, I am buying this day one. This game looks extremely fun, and if I can get my dream car. RX-7 I will cry! :D
Talking about Japanes cars, there isn't any in this game, no?

EA locked the license down for Porsche till inifnity. I wonder why Porsche would only license it to them? I mean Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. are in all racing games. Strange how Porsche don't want their cars in a huge game like GT.

Don't play with my feelings...

Abriael

Banned

it really seems a bad deal for porsche, which makes me wonder how much EA paid them.

Mind you, it could be some overenthusiastic young executive that just signed a bad deal. It happens with cross marketing at times.

I've seen TONS of this kind of horribly badly thought out "new media marketing" deals during the times of Second Life's climax, especially from car manufacturers so I wouldn't be surprised.

We don't know. What we do know is that they haven't announced all the cars. They said they'll announce more gradually as we go towards release. So far they've almost only shown supercars, and they don't make many supercars in Japan, but I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't a Nissan GTR in Driveclub, especially considering that Sony and Nissan are basically in bed together.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I think I may suddenly have become OK with the framerate.

There are people who compiled lists of the cars that has appeared in Driveclub trailers etc. and they are all European cars (and 1 Russian car).

It has a Hennessey Venom GT, which is from a US company. But aside from that you're right. It's heavily slanted toward higher performance cars. So, if Japanese cars are in it then it'll be cars like the GT-R and LFA.

gogogow

It has a Hennessey Venom GT, which is from a US company. But aside from that you're right. It's heavily slanted toward higher performance cars. So, if Japanese cars are in it then it'll be cars like the GT-R and LFA.

Even the Venom GT is half a UK car. I hope there will be Japanese cars though. More variety is always better imo.

Abriael

Banned

Do British cars count as European? :p

Jokes aside, the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG is the least "supercar" they've shown so far. I'm quite sure they focused on supercars for effect, but they'll have less super sport cars in the end.

lmbotiva

project gotham racing 4 is to this day my favorite racing game off my gaming life and that game runs at 30 frames, driveclub is looking sweet and the framerate is not a problem for me so looking forward to it

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm pretty sure the slight softness is just the chromatic aberration working its evil.

Top Bottom