• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR launches for PS VR on October 13 for $39.99.

Razgreez

DCVR looks great Rushy. Best of luck on your next project. *hopefully it's something that challenges the Horizon Forza series*

I hope it doesn't (they don't) go the open world racer route. DC is the perfect kind of racer. All of the action with none of the fluff and ridiculously good looking and sounding to boot. The world could do with more DC or Motorstorm. Or Motorstorm with DC type features, or DC with (more) Motorstorm type vehicles and tracks. Anyway, I digress...

black070

Release a low priced, short VR title - people complain.
Release a high priced, full fledged VR title - people complain.

Conclusion - people will always complain.

I hope it doesn't (they don't) go the open world racer route. DC is the perfect kind of racer. All of the action with none of the fluff and ridiculously good looking and sounding to boot. The world could do with more DC or Motorstorm. Or Motorstorm with DC type features, or DC with (more) Motorstorm type vehicles and tracks. Anyway, I digress...

Listen to this Gaffer, so much truth it hurts!

I think ps3 GTs look better but my memory might be tricking me.

Sub PS3 graphics doesn't sound great. 2nd gen VR can't come soon enough. I'm normally an early adopter with everything. But I'm sitting VR out until we have a revision or two and a far larger library of games (not "experiences").

Oh god, so much this!

We dont need any more open world racers, FH is as much as i can stomach.

Yakkity

Is the UK not getting the game on disc? Can't find it anywhere. (Amazon, GAME, GameStop, base, simplygames, etc.)

Also, any news on the discounted PSN-price for those who already own the original?

Last I checked gamestop did have it for preorder for £34.97... but yeah, nowhere else seems to have it up fro preorder

giphy.gif

But there is still a segment of people at neogaf that think adults don't deserve compensation for services rendered. I guess the younger age group here. DCVR looks great Rushy. Best of luck on your next project. *hopefully it's something that challenges the Horizon Forza series*

Wow a well-thought out and informative statement.
/s

Regardless, I am really excited for this VR experience!

I will always fight for developers who put in good work and ask to be compensated fairly for it.

Except when a game like Tomb Raider rleases on a platfrom you dont own first, then the developer has made their bed... then you wont pick it up at all or you'll buy it used lol

On topic, im going to the PSVR demo in Glasgow tomorrow late afternoon and will report back with my findings, looking forward to trying out Driveclub.

Yeah that demo not getting me I'll will make me decide. Wonder why this game is getting people sick and games like battle zone aren't.

I was watching a video with one of the devs of Battlezone (can't remember what) and he said that getting rid of undulating environments was one of the reasons they managed to reducing VR sickness. Driveclub has a lot of elevation and camber changes and many opportunities for the car to leave the road.

Only for season pass holders? Why? That's pathetic. I'm not saying they shouldn't be paid, just that if I paid 60 dollars for this game I shoudn't have to buy the game again when it's not a sequel of any sort. This is additional content for the SAME base game. Who cares how many years they spent on this? That's not the player's problem.

My hypothetical COD DLC analogy applies well. If Activision tried to pulled that shit people would be all over their necks, for good reason. Evolution being a great team or not doesn't give them a free pass to exploit consumers.

Have you ever bought a remaster?

And the sentence in bold: WOW. Holy fucking entitlement. Think about what you are saying here. You really do expect people to work for free.

ffvorax

I was watching a video with one of the devs of Battlezone (can't remember what) and he said that getting rid of undulating environments was one of the reasons they managed to reducing VR sickness. Driveclub has a lot of elevation and camber changes and many opportunities for the car to leave the road.

I can say that I tried both in VR and Driveclub made me a bit sick in the second lap, nausea during the last lap but I kept playing and finished the demo... but I didn't feel any good.
Battlezone, even if it was a lot faster and with movements in all the directions, did not gave a me a single problem... and also I played just a couple of minutes after Driveclub VR so I was not 100% ok at that time.

Hope that the final version of Driveclub VR will be better. I'm not interested in this game, but will be bad if one of the first "big" games for VR has such a problem.

Except when a game like Tomb Raider rleases on a platfrom you dont own first, then the developer has made their bed... then you wont pick it up at all or you'll buy it used lol

On topic, im going to the PSVR demo in Glasgow tomorrow late afternoon and will report back with my findings, looking forward to trying out Driveclub.
Actually with Tomb Raider, it was more that I was never interested in it in the first place. You're right that I didn't care for the shady dealings with MS, but more importantly I really disliked 2013 TR. Going back for more would have been silly. Nice try though. 😉

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I can say that I tried both in VR and Driveclub made me a bit sick in the second lap, nausea during the last lap but I kept playing and finished the demo... but I didn't feel any good.
Battlezone, even if it was a lot faster and with movements in all the directions, did not gave a me a single problem... and also I played just a couple of minutes after Driveclub VR so I was not 100% ok at that time.

Hope that the final version of Driveclub VR will be better. I'm not interested in this game, but will be bad if one of the first "big" games for VR has such a problem.

Very interesting. Will keep an eye on this.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
$20 if you have the season pass.

Hi everyone! Following last month’s announcement about the impending arrival of Driveclub VR and seeing the great response from fans who managed to get hands-on at Gamescom, we didn’t want to keep you waiting around much longer for a release date.

We’re proud to announce that Driveclub VR will be available exclusively for PlayStation VR on October 13 this year. The game will be available as both a physical Blu-ray release and a digital download via PlayStation Store. The digital download via PlayStation Store will be priced at $39.99.

Because Driveclub is and always has been about the community that surrounds it, we’ve also included a digital upgrade for existing Season Pass owners as of September 28, 2016, priced at $19.99.

Same for Europe.

So – drum roll – we’re proud to announce that Driveclub VR will be available exclusively for PlayStation VR from 13th October this year. The game will be available as both a physical Blu-Ray release and a digital download via PlayStation Store. The digital download via the PlayStation Store will be priced at €39.99 (RRP).

Top Bottom