• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk man arrested for knocking over K5 security droid patrolling parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It doesn't sound like that at all.

"The five-foot-tall, K5 robots can read 300 license plates per minute. They also are equipped to supply 360-degree video streaming. Once an anomaly is detected by these robots, they alert security guards. The robots are not armed."

He said walking camera.
You just described a walking camera.

IISANDERII

They're puting a machine's rights ahead of the freedoms and liberties of a human being!! We're already losing the war!!

commedieu

Banned
This guy coming soon now?

giphy.gif

Terrible. Terrible movie. Terrible

shoelacer

Banned
Just looking at that robot makes me mad. I have nothing but contempt for that robot. What a stupid robot. I'm tempted to start a GoFundMe for this guys legal fees just to spite this dumbass robot.

Yarbskoo

... Are robots really victims? I mean, it's a robot. Like, if I have a lawnmower in my yard and you come and knock it over, the lawnmower is not the victim, I am.

"If you drop lunch meat on the floor, is that really so different from shooting a meatbag in the knee? I think not."

Who the hell is getting paid 7$ an hour what are you talking about.

It's $7/hour to rent one of those robits

Knightscope, which is based in Mountain View, charges $7 per hour for the robots that the company claims will soon be able to detect guns. The company says it has dozens of clients, including Microsoft and the NBA's Sacramento Kings.

Guessing this guy didn't skip leg day......

Hrmmm we need a new RT now that Doug Free is retired, anyway we can get a roster spot for him on the practice squad for the Cowboys?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I was dead certain I was reading an Onion article when I got to this quote. But it's not. Who the hell says something like this, lol. Someone who truly doesn't get it, that's who...

Are you sure he's the one who's not getting it?

Kayhan

"I think this is a pretty pathetic incident because it shows how spineless the drunk guys in Silicon Valley really are because they attack a victim who doesn't even have any arms,"

Agreed.

Knightscope, which is based in Mountain View, charges $7 per hour for the robots that the company claims will soon be able to detect guns. The company says it has dozens of clients, including Microsoft and the NBA's Sacramento Kings.

So what's it going to do when it spots a gun? Fuckin' whistle!

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Idk why this line is so funny, but it is

"how could you knock over a robot that spins and occasionally whistles?"

How can someone knock over R2D2? Savages! I mean, that's kind of R2D2's defining characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom