• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales | D23 Expo Exclusive Sneak Peek

ecxrpzz.jpg

I guess they had this print at D23.

Yikes! Started the year I was born AND it's been 30 years AND we're getting a reboot as part of the anniversary.

Nice.

Santar

The more I see of this the less good it looks.
This clip just seemed like they took the most generic sitcom situation and slapped the ducks in there. Everything is just so boring and cliched.
I'm saddened by this as I love the duck universe and was really hoping this would be great.

fhqwhgads

Every Ducktales thread really brings out the old men yelling at clouds.
Believe it or not, not everyone wants to watch a shot for shot beat for beat remake of the original series.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cal me old fashioned, but I cannot stand the redesigns... I do not find the characters in the left stale design wise :/...

the designs of the characters on the right are older than the designs of the characters on the left, dude. the "redesigns" are just the original barks/rosa designs of all the characters.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All of this is amazing.

Those facial animations! The drawing style! The voices! I can't believe it's this good lol

Tizoc

Gizmo duck design, great. Overall setup and animation, great.

Kids' voices...suck. Zero character whatsoever.

Edit: I REALLY fucking love that gizmo duck design. Look at this...so good.

vvbzje0mbsf2zmkky34c.png

They Ironman-ed him XD But kudos for keeping the unicycle, may it never need be explained >=3

Blues1990

They Ironman-ed him XD But kudos for keeping the unicycle, may it never need be explained >=3

Yeah, that was one detail that I love about this redesign, is that it's more of a minor update than a complete overhaul.

And keeping the unicycle is great, even if it never made any sense in the first place.

Even as a child the proportions and unicycle perplexed me, anatomically speaking. Even more so with this new design (which I love, don't get me wrong)

Also I NEEEEEEED a high res version of that poster for my phone lock screen O:

WatTsu

That was a great clip. Disorienting at first to hear a different Scrooge and non-duck voices for the kids but I think this series will be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom