• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Zomba13

I'm quite shocked at the amount of hate (I know, haters gonna hate and all that).
Fair enough if Duke isn't your cup of tea, for us that have been waiting all these years we don't care what you think of the graphics or of the crude humour, it's fucking Duke Nukem Forever. It doesn't need an Oscar worthy story or Crysis like graphics, we just want Duke back like Sblargh said, fast, juvenile and fun.

I was 7 years old when this was announced, I played and watched my Dad play DN3D and loved it and have looked forward to DNF since I read about it in my Dad's PC Zone. I gave up hope for a bit after all the delays but still hoped that someday we'll get to play this. I don't care if critics and forum users say it's the worst game ever, I'll still buy it because I think 13 years in development is worth it.

DNF Trailer eh? Lets see how fails to live up to my expectations...

*watches*

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Kuran

Banned
Speaking of graphics, I'm actually kind of sad we won't be getting to play the build that was shown in the 2001 trailer. I think it was using the Unreal Tournament engine at that time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHU3sq8Wfjs

I always thought that was a 10/10 trailer.. I watched it so many times. I wish someone out there would leak the early versions of this game.

ram

RandomVince said:
That was The Prodigy. You watch your mouth. :p

yeah - and after the fast of the land, nobody need the prodigy anymore (because they are crap now) - and especially not their crappy music in duke nukem.

Shiggy

Zomba13 said:
I'm quite shocked at the amount of hate (I know, haters gonna hate and all that).
Fair enough if Duke isn't your cup of tea, for us that have been waiting all these years we don't care what you think of the graphics or of the crude humour, it's fucking Duke Nukem Forever. It doesn't need an Oscar worthy story or Crysis like graphics, we just want Duke back like Sblargh said, fast, juvenile and fun.

I was 7 years old when this was announced, I played and watched my Dad play DN3D and loved it and have looked forward to DNF since I read about it in my Dad's PC Zone. I gave up hope for a bit after all the delays but still hoped that someday we'll get to play this. I don't care if critics and forum users say it's the worst game ever, I'll still buy it because I think 13 years in development is worth it.

Might be a little bit OT, but is you're father going to play DKF? :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kuran said:
Speaking of graphics, I'm actually kind of sad we won't be getting to play the build that was shown in the 2001 trailer. I think it was using the Unreal Tournament engine at that time?

I always thought that was a 10/10 trailer.. I watched it so many times. I wish someone out there would leak the early versions of this game.

Its one of my favourite trailers ever.

Rich!

looks fucking awesome

been waiting for this since I first played Duke 3D on my first ever home PC way back in like, 1997. My grandparents brought the game for me, obviously not knowing what it was.

fuck yeah!

Rich!

Leviathin25 said:
Didnt read the whole thread so sorry if its been answered but is the game actually going to be censored like that or was it just for the trailer?

Not censored. Dante's inferno and GOW3 had titties galore, and in ERSB rated trailers you can only have one 'fuck', written or spoken.

Leviathin25 said:
Didnt read the whole thread so sorry if its been answered but is the game actually going to be censored like that or was it just for the trailer?
They want to show the trailer on TV as well so they had to censor it pretty badly. Game's definitely uncensored.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ram said:
yeah - and after the fast of the land, nobody need the prodigy anymore (because they are crap now) - and especially not their crappy music in duke nukem.

you're pretty harsh to yourself defining yourself as "nobody".

Zomba13

Shiggy said:
Might be a little bit OT, but is you're father going to play DKF? :D
I expect so. We'll probably end up buying a copy each. He was excited when it was first announced and was excited again when everything was put back on track. :D

It certainly is amusing to see all the kids get confused by DNF.

Day 1. Not for graphics or cutting-edge gameplay, but because 5 years ago if you told me I would actually play Duke Nukem Forever...

FhL4s.jpg

Shiggy

Zomba13 said:
I expect so. We'll probably end up buying a copy each. He was excited when it was first announced and was excited again when everything was put back on track. :D

Great ;D
Does he still play other games or will he return to gaming only for DKF?

Leonsito

Will the end game credits include the entire 3DRealms staff that worked on this ? Technically they shouldn't appear right? Anyway, I expect Gearbox to include them.

Mdk7

Trailer definitely got me excited, the style and attitude is totally there.
The only parts that kinda worry me are the one with vehicles... it looks a little meh there.
But it's day one material for sure.

Kuran said:

Yeah, this is still one of my favorite trailers. I really wish this is what we were getting since I love graphics like these but the new one that we're actually getting seems fine as well.

Aske

Cannot wait to play this. As if it's actually hitting real-life stores that aren't figments of my imagination in May. Mind blowing.

I'm hoping this will have incredible level design on a par with DN3D, but realistically I'll be content if I get a shit ton of gore and a pile of laughs.

Solo

Some of the bitching is hilarious, because its so misguided. Mostly its people whining about the graphics. Well, Duke was never a technical marvel. Duke3D was great because of three elements - juvenile humor, unique and awesome weaponry, and interactivity out the ass with respect to the enviroments - and guess what? Judging by the trailer, DNF will deliver on all three in spades.

Technically there was a fourth pillar, which was superb level design, but that can't be judged one way or the other from a trailer.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
ram said:

This post is proof that nobody needs taste anymore, either.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Solo said:
Some of the bitching is hilarious, because its so misguided. Mostly its people whining about the graphics. Well, Duke was never a technical marvel. Duke3D was great because of three elements - juvenile humor, unique and awesome weaponry, and interactivity out the ass with respect to the enviroments - and guess what? Judging by the trailer, DNF will deliver on all three in spades.

Technically there was a fourth pillar, which was superb level design, but that can't be judged one way or the other from a trailer.

I, for one, thought the design of the visuals in the trailer was superb and seems to have a lot more character than we've seen in first person shooters in the last decade.

"Oh no! It does not have individually ray-traced leaves on the trees in the same south american jungle full of Russians wearing brown, in brown trucks, with brown guns, behind dull brown explosions! Clearly it is outdated!"

I realize hardcore PC wanks are going to pick apart any game that dares to come out in 2011 and isn't running on crysis tech or some shit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Game = Bought

And subsequently played forever. Duke 3D in my mind still reigns as the most charming game out there. The levels, to put it simply, are alive.

Funny, 3D realms never ending quest for the ultimate cutting edge technology to apply to DNF, it's what almost made we never see the game.

And now people are bitching because dosn't have awesome graphics.

hahaha I love the esrb at the start of the trailer.

Rated Mature for:
- Blood and Gore
- Intense Violence
- Strong Language
- Mature Humor
- Nudity
- Strong Sexual Content
- Drug and Alcohol Use

Lets see if they can cram one more line in of suggestive content in the final release lol

Top Bottom