• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online is back! New characters Dark Knight and Creator available!

Astarte

6j4hqVv.gif

OH MY GOD this event is so fucking shit-garbage I can't I just can't oh god

Armaros

Fucking finally, my SB has his +2 Bremen title.

Also got my SB Himan Stella for 7 mill instead of 20m its priced at now. Fuck yeah.

Road to 30/6 Bremen bitch closer then ever.

On a scale of 1 to DFO

How dead is the guild ._.

pls don't kill me im sorry
I worked my way up to a level 60 dark knight. Was excited, this was my first time playing since it first launched and the level cap was 50. I had planned to reach 85 then start to actually be social and join the guild but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention and since I only defaulted on all the server and channel options I lost my character and my items. As a casual player I lost all motivation to continue, which sucked because I finally found a perfect mapping for my controller.

Astarte

I don't see the point in partying before Ghent. Randoms are usually too much bullshit to me deal with it at the early game.

And more ~3 weeks before I come back, hopefully.

Unfortunately a lot of classes have immense problems with early game. A lot of problems. Summoner is absolute suffering for a long long time.

I worked my way up to a level 60 dark knight. Was excited, this was my first time playing since it first launched and the level cap was 50. I had planned to reach 85 then start to actually be social and join the guild but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention and since I only defaulted on all the server and channel options I lost my character and my items. As a casual player I lost all motivation to continue, which sucked because I finally found a perfect mapping for my controller.

Defaulted? Whaddya mean?

ShinMaruku

To have faith in Neople is to cause issues. Until we get to the Kunoichi patch game won't be touched by me. Then I will return. Game is reasonably healthy by it's design.

Line_HTX

"Would you like to take a trip?"

"To where?"

"TO HELL!"

I'm laughing so hard at this Kunoichi trailer. God, they had way too much fun with this, lol.

I finally found this thread and today, my Monk finally reached Level 85. My F. Ranger and F. Nen Master are close, just midway through the 70s.

This trailer is making me want to play thief again, and the first sub-class I'll definitely make is Kunoichi. From what I heard she is kind of overpowered, LOL

"To where?"

"TO HELL!"

I'm laughing so hard at this Kunoichi trailer. God, they had way too much fun with this, lol.

I finally found this thread and today, my Monk finally reached Level 85. My F. Ranger and F. Nen Master are close, just midway through the 70s.

This trailer is making me want to play thief again, and the first sub-class I'll definitely make is Kunoichi. From what I heard she is kind of overpowered, LOL

Kuno was a very powerful raid class if she had certain epic weapons....but she got nerfed down the line and that's not really the case anymore. She's still a solid class, but no more easy mode.

Of course DFO will have her pre nerf though for who knows how long.

WarRock

Updated and logged for the first time in months. Thought Kunoichi was released already )=

Oh well, guess I'll play a Thief until 15 to get ready and then go see in which state I left some lv30-40ish characters.

Astarte

I want the to hell dude to be a npc. He is too much.

But Danjun is a pet you can use :y

"To where?"

"TO HELL!"

She's still ridiculously strong (especially in pvp...) but she got nerfed a bit. Not as stupid as she was before, but she's still pretty powerful. I think we'll be getting the pre-nerf version.

also

Kunoichi is coming December 1st with her related legendary and epic items included.
Epic rework details coming later in the stream, coming with an "all in one patch". (Details never came)
Marketing is being discussed. Steam release is not being considered at this point.
Ninja avatar package is coming with the Kunoichi patch, with an exclusive ninja themed dungeon.
Christmas themed town is being worked on now.
Eleven Knights will be able to PvP in the "all in one" patch.
Character rebalances will be caught up with KDnF's in the "all in one" patch.
The heart stopping news is that there will be three 2nd awakening class releases at the same time. The classes will be revealed on the DNF F1 Championship stream. This will be in the "all in one patch".
The DNF F1 Championship stream will be featured by Twitch TV.
"All in one" patch will be in January. Will include new dungeons and UI changes, along with the changes and additions noted above.

Courtesy of the big ol' reddit post

Three 2nd awakening classes? Are there even 3 classes left of the older stuff or are they gonna actually patch to semi recent stuff? F gunner is obvious since it's old as hell, but after that only stuff left is Thief/MFighter/MMage/Fslayer/Knight right? I think that's the order of release, so that'd mean Thief 2nd awakening, even though Shadow Dancer isn't going to be available and Kuno is added in the same patch? Sounds weird, unless they're counting subclasses but then there's a F gunner class without a 2nd awakening which sounds even weirder.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on it, see if that's the patch that has solo OV. I really didn't like having to group to do OV farming stuff, especially with people leaving halfway and then you didn't have all your runs left so finding groups was a pain and stuff. Whole OV really killed my hype once I got to cap, I liked leveling but the endgame was annoying since you need to do OV to do ancients on high difficulty/true ancient and I really disliked OV.

Astarte

Three 2nd awakening classes? Are there even 3 classes left of the older stuff or are they gonna actually patch to semi recent stuff? F gunner is obvious since it's old as hell, but after that only stuff left is Thief/MFighter/MMage/Fslayer/Knight right? I think that's the order of release, so that'd mean Thief 2nd awakening, even though Shadow Dancer isn't going to be available and Kuno is added in the same patch? Sounds weird, unless they're counting subclasses but then there's a F gunner class without a 2nd awakening which sounds even weirder.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on it, see if that's the patch that has solo OV. I really didn't like having to group to do OV farming stuff, especially with people leaving halfway and then you didn't have all your runs left so finding groups was a pain and stuff. Whole OV really killed my hype once I got to cap, I liked leveling but the endgame was annoying since you need to do OV to do ancients on high difficulty/true ancient and I really disliked OV.

The three are probably going to be FG, Thief, and MFighter. Shadow Dancer is probably going to be added with the great rework patch. It makes a lot of sense because the latter two characters are in great need of hella help with their reworks. Apparently they're trying to make us be "equal" in terms of content by throwing everything at us with a wall of content but without marketing or anything (which they're..working on?) it doesn't really fly.
Solo OV sounds nice right about now, but it's OV. OV is never fun unless you're being run by a +16 everything Raven so you can get over that stuff fastear.

I just want my DT and DS revamps.

Yeah that too. I mostly played classes that were buffed in the korean patches but not yet live, like Necro, Demon Slayer and F mech, so I'd get some good buffs. I'll see when they release that stuff. There's also the Ghent/Time Gate remakes so they give a ton more xp in one of these patches.

Line_HTX

I saw this on the DFO Facebook page:

VDe7J2N.jpg

I hope the pre-nerf version lasts a month so that I can attempt to get Kunoichi at least to level 80, haha.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the fuck do you get Cartel Headquarters on Ultimate? Like... it is extremely difficult to not get hit 10 times the entire run. And I feel like I'm not doing enough damage even as a max level Monk/Justice. I'm using the Grade 2 Transendence Totum at Refine 5 and +10 max grade max stats. Do I need that accessory from the King's Relic feat quest where I'll do +9% to attack damage?

Astarte

Yeah that too. I mostly played classes that were buffed in the korean patches but not yet live, like Necro, Demon Slayer and F mech, so I'd get some good buffs. I'll see when they release that stuff. There's also the Ghent/Time Gate remakes so they give a ton more xp in one of these patches.

Ghent and Time Gate are still booty butt cheeks after the reworks buuut the character reworks will make that less painful

I saw this on the DFO Facebook page:

VDe7J2N.jpg

I hope the pre-nerf version lasts a month so that I can attempt to get Kunoichi at least to level 80, haha.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the fuck do you get Cartel Headquarters on Ultimate? Like... it is extremely difficult to not get hit 10 times the entire run. And I feel like I'm not doing enough damage even as a max level Monk/Justice. I'm using the Grade 2 Transendence Totum at Refine 5 and +10 max grade max stats. Do I need that accessory from the King's Relic feat quest where I'll do +9% to attack damage?

Even with the nerf Kunoichi is so easy to level :y
Why bother doing Kartel HQ? The stuff you get by grinding it aren't even worth it at all.
I'm going to be honest with you, just saying that you have a...+10 Trans Totem really isn't enough. Aim for 9PC Unlimited Ability set with +11 (+12 preferable, but don't go above +10 for either unless you have a weapon protection ticket) Epic/Liberation, but it's fine if you can't get the weapon at the moment.

ShinMaruku

Recording of my Kunoichi runs :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiELRY-5DxM

My plan is before the boss put my record skill, do 6 skills that tend to pin down a area so my attacks can make the room literally blow up, then before I do my recording I put the ninpo buff skill to prebuff my recording so it does more damage. If done right the boss should die within seconds.

Astarte

http://www.twitch.tv/dfo

A bunch of Americans are fighting amongst each other in Korea.
One of the 'Americans' is a known Korean PVPer who was more or less one of the best male brawlers in korea.
He's winning.

Actually wait no, it's Americans vs World but the bodybags have already arrived

WarRock

Stream Starting again:
www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku
I am trying the level challenge. 2 days in and at 50, I can do this!
week-news-01.jpg
I got 57 in 3 or 4 days without trying any hardcore grinding. The buffs and bonus those events have are fucking crazy, I should have chosen lv70 for the challenge instead of 60.

http://www.twitch.tv/dfo

A bunch of Americans are fighting amongst each other in Korea.
One of the 'Americans' is a known Korean PVPer who was more or less one of the best male brawlers in korea.
He's winning.

Actually wait no, it's Americans vs World but the bodybags have already arrived
Damn, is the stream quality crap or it's just my connection being unstable again?

Top Bottom