• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail has sold 1 million copies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Congrats Noogy! Even with probably 600k heavily discounted that's still a great mark to hit!

dustearlycombo7mbgoj4i.gif

TEJ

I bought it on the xbla day 1, bought it on steam, bought it on gog. If it ever gets a ps3/4 or wii u release i'll buy it there.

Ixian

Congrats Noogy! Own it on XBLA and PC, definitely wouldn't mind seeing a Vita port since I get a lot of bed time gaming done on it. :)

SeanTSC

That is awesome! I really enjoyed this game when it first came out on XBLA.

I tried to get some of my circles of friends to try it, but very few were willing. They missed out!

Vecks

Congrats Noogy. Great game. Deserved every sale. I haven't beaten it yet, about halfway there, but I'll get through it some day.

Noogy

Many thanks to everyone for their kind words and support! Seriously, when I started this I just wanted to learn how to program and maybe make some small games on the side. I never dreamed that my first game would do these sorts of numbers!

And I hope it's an inspiration to fellow gamers, who think that one day they might like to try their hand at development. The tools are out there, digital distribution has changed everything, and it's just a great time to be an independent developer.

One of my favorite XBL titles. Glad to hear it sold well. I was very surprised by the quality of the game and how much play I got out of it.

Grief.exe

Happy for him, but it's a shame great games have to be down to $1-ish levels and be cheaper than a Redbull to move units. Some money is better than no money, of course, but it'd be cool to see. Symphony of the Night would be on the bottom of the food chain getting lapped a thousand times over by Flappy Bird in today's world. You'd also have to convince people why it's worth their time, and have to debate the effeminate male lead stigma around Alucard.

Sold almost 600,000 copies prior to being discounted at that level.

Ultimately, this discussion is largely irrelevant, as revenue is still revenue. On top of that, Noogy now has over 1 million customers who are interested in the sequel or his next project.

~100,000 XBLA leaderboard entries in April 2013 (XBLA launch was Aug 2012). PC launch was May 2013.

~90% PC sales then. Indicative of the indie market as a whole, PC gamers just seem to be looking for those interesting gameplay experiences.

eshwaaz

So glad to hear this. Bought it when it first released on XBLA, and just loved it. Shames many games made by much larger teams with much bigger budgets. Gorgeous character animation, beautiful, varied environments, fantastic FX and satisfying, meaty combat.

Way to go, Noogy.

Grief.exe

So glad to hear this. Bought it when it first released on XBLA, and just loved it. Shames many games made by much larger teams with much bigger budgets. Gorgeous character animation, beautiful, varied environments, fantastic FX and satisfying, meaty combat.

Way to go, Noogy.

The quality of the PC port shamed most larger studios as well.

Top Bottom