• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail has sold 1 million copies.

It's probably less obvious if you're not a native english speaker.

I'm Swedish and it's really, really obvious.

~90% PC sales then. Indicative of the indie market as a whole, PC gamers just seem to be looking for those interesting gameplay experiences.

You don't think the price had anything to do with it? Sure enough the game actually got a really good sales price by console-standards but you could get the game for just a dollar on PC, and even then you'd get a bunch of other games too.

Grief.exe

You don't think the price had anything to do with it? Sure enough the game actually got a really good sales price by console-standards but you could get the game for just a dollar on PC, and even then you'd get a bunch of other games too.

~500,000 of those sales were at a higher price

Game was very cheap on XBLA recently.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
And I hope it's an inspiration to fellow gamers, who think that one day they might like to try their hand at development. The tools are out there, digital distribution has changed everything, and it's just a great time to be an independent developer.
Believe

Gxgear

Dust wasn't released until 2013 on PC, ~500,000 copies were sold in the 6 months between that release date and this Humble Bundle.

Tweet suggests lifetime sale including XBLA?

Not necessary disagreeing, just musing over how many paid the full ticket price. Can't be more than 150k, I'm thinking more towards 125k.

Grief.exe

Tweet suggests lifetime sale including XBLA?

Not necessary disagreeing, just musing over how many paid the full ticket price. Can't be more than 150k, I'm thinking more towards 125k.

Yes, they do include XBLA sales.

Leaderboards are available on XBLA, and though they aren't indicative of overall sales, might be rather close. They are showing around 150,000 sales.

450,000 from Humble Bundle, brings the PC sales prior to the bundle around 400,000.

Fuz

Banned
Happy for him, it's a really good game (despite being way too furry-like for my tastes).

Leaderboards are available on XBLA, and though they aren't indicative of overall sales, might be rather close.

Not really. That theory has been proven wrong many times (though I myself agree and understand the reasoning). I don't remember the exact numbers, but one instance is back when Alan Wake American Nightmares sales-numbers were released. I looked on the leaderboard that same evening and there were way fewer people on the boards than sold number of copies. Also recall that in Bastion.

Grief.exe

Not really. That theory has been proven wrong many times (though I myself agree and understand the reasoning). I don't remember the exact numbers, but one instance is back when Alan Wake American Nightmares sales-numbers were released. I looked on the leaderboard that same evening and there were way fewer people on the boards than sold number of copies. Also recall that in Bastion.

I agree completely, I said as much myself.

shandy706

Both my 6 year old daughter and myself enjoyed it.

I liked the RPG like stuff, and she enjoyed the art style/hacking at things.

Noogy

Both my 6 year old daughter and myself enjoyed it.

I liked the RPG like stuff, and she enjoyed the art style/hacking at things.

Thanks, it always warms my heart when someone plays it with their children. My daughter was roughly the same age when I started it, and was my first regular tester, so that certainly had an influence.

Cool, one of the games that had me endure my brothers messy hovel of a room in order to play it on the 360, totally worth it.

I made my thoughts on the game fairly clear in my LTTP thread, so I won't rehash them there. Congrats to Noogy on the sales! We definitely need more big indie success stories.

only problem ive had with the game is that the character portraits didn't scale that well past 1080p.

Come on noogy surely you have 4k assets somewhere ;)

Many thanks to everyone for their kind words and support! Seriously, when I started this I just wanted to learn how to program and maybe make some small games on the side. I never dreamed that my first game would do these sorts of numbers!

And I hope it's an inspiration to fellow gamers, who think that one day they might like to try their hand at development. The tools are out there, digital distribution has changed everything, and it's just a great time to be an independent developer.

Thank you for such a great game. My kid cousins (boy and girl around 7 and 8) love Fidget a lot. Kinda weird to explain to them as they're playing how to think of air juggling. "Just jump and hit stuff and go everywhere and throw lots of Fidget in that mess!"

bootski

i just got into this game (got through HB11) and wow, is it ever good. i'm probably only about 70% through it on my first playthrough and can easily see myself doing it again. congrats on the milly bud!

Top Bottom