• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad (PSN) |OT| - Psychedelic Sensory Overload

kassatsu

Banned
gizmo.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Pretty good so far, trophy set is a bit challenging. Didn't have too many problems until level 5, I think I spent about 20-30 minutes just trying to get that trophy.

Game is nothing like Groove Coaster btw. It really is the cylinder track of F-Zero with some image/sound fuckery, lol.

Kurod

Banned
How big of a seizure warning are you going to slap on this game?

Also, any plans to bring this to any other platforms in the future?

Actually I am also wondering what you see as the best way to go about post-release support of Dyad and how easy PSN would make it to release bug fixes and new content like levels or a music player.

Also post-release marketing of smaller titles, what kind of practises do you have in mind to keep Dyad in the public conscious?

Nakazato

Question: Many people will see this game and immediatly think of Rez how will this game differ from Rez and what will make this game special.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The video on their site doesn't sell me on this. Looks like Child of Eden but without the cool environments.

What motivated you to introduce new mechanics/sets of rules in each stage and how do you feel these introductions build on each other?

WipEout HD got delayed because it caused epileptic seizures, I hope this wont be the case for Dyad. Looks really good and original.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor and wasn't true at all.

That's not why Dyad got delayed. It has to go through another set of certification for Europe. All new store graphics and icons need to be made. Translating correctly into EFIGS without a huge budget to just send it off to someone to do everything is extremely time consuming.

That's why it's delayed for Europe. And I feel *REALLY* shitty about it =( I will try to make it up to Europeans somehow.

WipEout HD got delayed because it caused epileptic seizures, I hope this wont be the case for Dyad. Looks really good and original.

Just heard of this for the first time, went and watched a trailer on youtube. This looks like all types of awesome.
Hey mcgrath, what was your Inspiration for this game? And how does it play. I read the op but it still looks mad confusing.

So, at what point in the game do you leave your earthly body and ascend to a higher plain? And does it matter if I play it in my underpants ? Of course, not that I'll need them where I'm going.

tch

Hey, ShawnMcGrath, the game looks great can't wait to get my hands on it!

I was wondering if you could point to anything specifically that drove the design of DYAD. Movies/music/books/etc. I ask because I am inspired to make a game but don't know really know where in my experiences to draw from. What are some of your favorite games?

boingball

Plus discount? Great news. This is what I want out of Plus, Day 1 discounts and not ancient games for free (most of which I already own). New PSN card ordered from best buy for Rainbow Moon and Dyad.

I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor and wasn't true at all.

That's not why Dyad got delayed. It has to go through another set of certification for Europe. All new store graphics and icons need to be made. Translating correctly into EFIGS without a huge budget to just send it off to someone to do everything is extremely time consuming.

That's why it's delayed for Europe. And I feel *REALLY* shitty about it =( I will try to make it up to Europeans somehow.

Thanks! We really appreciate your work and giving us PS+ users a discount.

NeoRausch

Is there some fluffy Llama love in that game?

Really considering this game when it hits europe. Looks intruiging.

jeff?

Edit:

Plus discount? Ok, bought! Ready for some seizures! :)

softie

What are the the major gameplay challenges (regarding the perspective of a player) to hook up to a game like Dyad? So what keeps the player hooked to finishing the game, also regarding trophies; did you implemented any special means to ensure a nice "flow" of the game?

And have you thought about an import functionality for the player's own music à la Audiosurf? Perhaps as an expansion in the fufure? Would be pretty cool to play to one's own music. Of course it's difficult to make such a functionality too generic, but even if it's not that of a good experience as your own songs, it would bring some huge lasting appeal to the game. :)

Watched videos, questioned life after. Wtf did I just watch? Will look forward to trying it to see what its really about since I'm still confused.

Sucks that it got delayed for Europe, guess I'll go grab it on my US account then. Has there been any mentions towards looking into a Vita version sometime down the road?

//B1G

Banned
Man I want to play... games like this are why I'm still playing video games. Not much else in this industry does anything for me anymore.
I'm a big proponent of creativity and innovation, both of which I think are plentiful in this, and that makes me happy.

If you (dev) would like to create a bunch of positive reflections on your game at multiple websites then.... uh ... create an awesome game!

Atruvius

Whoah. How did this game through the epilepsy tests?

This game would look bloody amazing on a OLED screen.

Any DLC planned? Or maybe song packs?

Top Bottom