• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad (PSN) |OT| - Psychedelic Sensory Overload

tusken77

I can't wait to immerse myself in this game. I adore WipEout HD's Zone Mode, I know I'll love Dyad.

My question: Shawn, did you not add 3D support for fear of people's heads exploding from the overwhelming awesome?

arnold-total-recall.gif

reson8or

What impresses me about the game from what I have seen/heard (been following its progress for some time) is that it is constantly adding new gameplay mechanics.

My question is: How did you get your inspiration for the games mechanics? Its at the same time familiar, and new... am really curious as to what inspired this game.

Clunker

In about 10 minutes, I've gone from knowing nothing about this game to needing it desperately in my life. This kind of impulsive, instinctual, synergy-of-audio-visuals-and-gameplay package is exactly why I play games, and I'd heard about this title before on a few podcasts but they did a pretty poor job of explaining what Dyad really is. Though I suppose this is a kind of "picture is worth a thousand words" case. :p

Addnan

The game looks crazy, not really sure whats going on. Sad that its not releasing in EU at the same time. I look forward to it.

stryke

Were there any original ideas or concepts that you previously thought of that you thought was cool but was too difficult to implement or didn't fit within the game's mechanics?

What kind of scenarios or stages of the development of Dyad did you encounter what may be equivalent to "writer's block" and what have you learnt from making this game that may/will affect your future gaming endeavors?

Thanks for the opportunity, saw the previews of Dyad during E3 and very much looking forward to it.

I'm really looking forward to the game, hope it's as sensory overloading as they say. I've purposely not watched too many videos because I don't want the visuals and music 'spoiled' for me.

Ridley327

As if my noticing the Jeff Minter similarities weren't strong enough, one of the trophy names has a very direct reference to one of his games.

Question: What was your design process like? How many iterations of the game have you gone through to get it to the point where it's FDA approved and ready for public consumption?

Questions: How do you construct the gameplay mechanics on this game? You used testers of all ages for this?

Are you a fractal phenomena die-hard fan? do you like kaleidoscopes?

Man I want to play this so bad. Can't wait for Euro release date. Please be soon! :D

Question: will we be able to buy some sort of OST for the game?

Call me shallow but the fact that the game has a platinum trophy and the way trophies are implemented make me extra hyped.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Here's another question not only for Shawn but also to the people already playing: What kind of messed dreams did you guys have last night after playing Dyad?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's another question not only for Shawn but also to the people already playing: What kind of messed dreams did you guys have last night after playing Dyad?

I don't dream, so none. I just had less sleep cause I stayed up late playing Dyad then woke up playing more Dyad

ascully

I have no idea how the game is played from looking at the videos, but being a fan of Minter and anything trippy like this it's a day one purchase for me :)

The gifs in the OP are amazing! Can't wait to play this next week.

Question:Had you been drawing psychedelic art before you started designing Dyad?

Misguided

Banned
For all of you that are upset that it's not being released in Europe, can't you just make a US account, buy it with that account, and then access it with your main Euro account?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I love messing around the menus in this game. I swear the Rez tap-fire sound effect is in this game

Hint:
press the triggers and move the right analog stick around

Leaderboards down? :(

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Still sending out press emails, I only slept for 3 hours last night and I dunno if I'll be able to get through them all today! I will probably have to delay answering questions until tonight - sorry!

You can follow me on twitter @DyadGame - once I get 1337 (LOL!) followers I'll be giving codes away.

Top Bottom