• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

S. L.

TruePrime said:
I won't hate on Zeta as it is often called the best TV Gundam.

Just when you get done with it, try to find a way to view ZZ, it's not in english and alot of people are split on it, but Judau is awesome and the show is certainly worth a watch.
if there is one redeeming thing about ZZ it is the plethora of unique and awesome mobile suite designs. (thou Zeta is extremely awesome in that regard as well)

Beth Cyra

S. L. said:
if there is one redeeming thing about ZZ it is the plethora of unique and awesome mobile suite designs. (thou Zeta is extremely awesome in that regard as well)
I actually prefer ZZ to both Zeta and Gundam.

Not a popular opinion but eh.

The only UC Gundam that I actually like that gets love is probably Char's Counter Attack.

Then again how do you hate on CCA?

S. L.

TruePrime said:
I actually prefer ZZ to both Zeta and Gundam.

Not a popular opinion but eh.

The only UC Gundam that I actually like that gets love is probably Char's Counter Attack.

Then again how do you hate on CCA?
people who take the Newtype stuff in it too literally. Also people in the Gundam |OT|, plenty of unrelaxed dudes with extreme opinions

Beth Cyra

S. L. said:
people who take the Newtype stuff in it too literally. Also people in the Gundam |OT|, plenty of unrelaxed dudes with extreme opinions
Haha thats just crazy to me.

Like I said I don't even care for original and Zeta and yet I can't say nothing bad about CCA.

Well to each their own I guess.

matmanx1

Ken said:
Until this game, never having seen the series, I had no idea Loran was a guy.

Yeah he gets that alot. Too bad too because I actually dig the Turn A and while his shot and melee scores are meager he has a great defense score. Loran in the Turn A with the Nano Armor (whatever his special equip is once you get him to Rank 4 friendship) actually makes for a very durable pairing.

SUPARSTARX

Lol I've never played these games before. I picked this up yesterday and I'm having quite a fun time smashing and blasting things.

Shadow780

Plat. after 89 hours, it's easier to grind in this game than the 2nd one.

Last mission is crazy!

donkey show said:
I found the Ginn was the best.

I ended using which ever is still missing for collection requirements.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So what is the best way to grind out friendship rankings? Just play as the characters you want to level up? Seems like it's taking forever shrug.

Evidently you need 20 level 4+ friendships to start the last story arc, For Reform, and I'm only at 13 right now :/.

matmanx1

Shadow780 said:

Last mission is crazy!

Congrats! 89 hours isn't bad at all. I will count myself lucky if I can do it in that. I'm right at 20 but also juggling a weird work schedule and trying to finish up Persona 4. It's going to be awhile before I see that Platinum in my list but I'm not in a rush. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the experience because it's quite frankly awesome!

Shadow780 said:

Last mission is crazy!

I think Im at 40 or something. I cant get back in the mood to play it and that final mission kind of keeps me from wanting to play. How fast did it take to do the online trophies?

Shadow780

darkside31337 said:
So what is the best way to grind out friendship rankings? Just play as the characters you want to level up? Seems like it's taking forever shrug.

Evidently you need 20 level 4+ friendships to start the last story arc, For Reform, and I'm only at 13 right now :/.

Play as the character, set them as partners, have them as allies in missions all raise friendship.

Dedication Through Light said:
I think Im at 40 or something. I cant get back in the mood to play it and that final mission kind of keeps me from wanting to play. How fast did it take to do the online trophies?

You only have to play it 100 times and shoot down 1000 enemies to get all the online trophies. I'd say 1000 enemies actually takes more time because there are way less grunts online. Focus on getting 1000 kills and then switch to Ultimate Enemey to grind for Part 4 plans until you've reach 100 online missions cleared.

Though you might want to keep playing a little more to reach online rank 1 to unlock special equipments for Musha Gundam and Musha MKII.

EYEL1NER

Man, I felt dumb. I was trying to get the other missions to pop for 'For Peace,' the two besides Ribbons and Full Frontal. But no matter how many people hit level 4 and then 5, nothing. Hours of missions went by before I was reading somewhere last night that Scirocco has some missions in his story, 'Those who...(whatever, Pass By maybe?).'

So I go in and check and sure enough, there are the last two missions that appear after selecting him.

Edit: I guess it wasn't "For Peace," but "For Reform."

matmanx1

I'm making my way through "For Peace" right now and just switched to Domon and the Burning Gundam til I've hit my 5 missions with it so I can unlock the license. So many missions to play! So much awesome!

I'm at 85 missions done now so I only need 15 more before I can unlock Rank 4 plans. I'd grind it out tonight but I have to work fairly early in the morning. I'll get it in the next couple of days though, and then it's back online til I hit my 100/1000!

Neki

Shadow780 said:
So which mass produced MS is best for challenge missions?
I think Char's Zaku works well against mobile armors, that's about it. I'm not sure if the regular Zaku is any different. only reason I use it is for Lunamaria though, lol.

The End

I guess the only difference really is whether the ability to buy a bunch of underwhelming DLC (ok, the Kshatriya is cool, but the other ones, meh) is worth $4 to you

matmanx1

Speaking of DLC, where the heck is the US PSN DLC? Unless I somehow missed it while browsing the store this morning (which is entirely possible) then it wasn't added with the rest of the July 19th content. Anyone seen it yet?

ultron87

What determines when the Deathscythe activates its cloak mode thing? It seems entirely random when doing a charge attack.

Im only 8 hours in, but this game is one of the best Musou games Ive played, right there with Sengoku Basara and Orochi Warriors 2, IMO. Didnt care too much for the first one, and skipped the second one entirely, but this one is a VAST improvement for someone going straight one to three.

This one has gotten me actually interested in the Gundam universe, although its hard to know where to start. lol

Delio

You know what i LOVE? Being in a field with a Mobile Armor and two enemy aces (Duo and Loran). It was such JOY.

ultron87

TheApatheticOne said:
Im only 8 hours in, but this game is one of the best Musou games Ive played, right there with Sengoku Basara and Orochi Warriors 2, IMO. Didnt care too much for the first one, and skipped the second one entirely, but this one is a VAST improvement for someone going straight one to three.

This one has gotten me actually interested in the Gundam universe, although its hard to know where to start. lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BI77MW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Mobile Suit Gundam Trilogy. It's the first series cut down into three movies. Great intro to the universe.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hope this will get a price drop soon. Happened with Basara if I recall correctly.

Ken

SnowHawk said:
I just need to level up friendships. I have only one on rank 1 and I don't know hot level her up.
Some characters need certain events to happen for their friendship to go up though I think.

For Reform is kind of annoying, have to get all these friendships just to advance to getting to play the first mission? Wow.

I wish it had given a conclusion with Kamille and Four in that history mission, I have no clue what happened at the end of it.

Gah, I hate it when I play online and the people want to end the fight in just two minutes. I try to get 50 mobile suit defeats so that I can get that 1000 trophy (as well as raise friendship). Im surprised online is so fast though.

matmanx1

Gah, I hate it when I play online and the people want to end the fight in just two minutes. I try to get 50 mobile suit defeats so that I can get that 1000 trophy (as well as raise friendship). Im surprised online is so fast though.

If you are going for the Trophy for 100 online matches played then you really only need to average 10 kills per match to hit your 1000. That's the way I am looking at it.

I finally unlocked Rank 4 plans this weekend and jumped back online to do some plan farming in "Ultimate Enemy". I ended up getting about half a dozen really good Rank 4 suit plans and had fun doing it. Even with the limited map selection I'm pretty impressed with how fast and effortless the online for this game is. There's some nice rewards to be had from playing online and it's almost effortless.

Well I think Im done for awhile. Finished all of the story missions and the Mobile Suit Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and Gundam Unicorn history missions. Online takes so long to bring characters up to friendship five, so I feel uninspired to do the rest for the other history missions right now.

They should have just made the game and built it around the history missions, which, I think have a better plot than the one that is used to explain how all the characters meet. Fun, hopefully we get a DWG4...

Neki

If that means letting me play a bunch more SEED missions, then I'd be happy. Otherwise, the story isn't terrible. :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well I think Im done for awhile. Finished all of the story missions and the Mobile Suit Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and Gundam Unicorn history missions. Online takes so long to bring characters up to friendship five, so I feel uninspired to do the rest for the other history missions right now.

They should have just made the game and built it around the history missions, which, I think have a better plot than the one that is used to explain how all the characters meet. Fun, hopefully we get a DWG4...

Well of course the plots from the actual series would be far better than a subpar plot written specifically for the game. Hell, the game's plot is one step away from being bad fanfiction
not that there's any other kind

I liked how the game forced me to play with different gundams, I easily found favorites beyond the 00 Raiser (which I still used when given the choice simply because I could just storm most of the maps and complete them in like two minutes).

Turn A Gundam has a great special (The Turn A Gundam is loved by all, and when used correctly, it will help them all too)

Nu Gundam and Reborns Gundam were nice too. I think 00 and Reborn are a bit over powered at the end of the day.

Shadow780

I think they wanted to get away from official story modes that makes you play through the same story missions that the previous 2 games did. Though I think they could reference those SRW games makes some newer series (00, Unicorn) the main story line, and insert the classic series into them by parallel universe mechanics they so-loved in SRW.

Ultimately I didn't mind it too much, the fan-fict is laughable, but grinding and byte sized missions are fun.

matmanx1

So where the heck is my PSN DLC? 2 weeks now and nothing? I know Live got it on the 19th and PSN still has nothing.

Not that I've finished all the content on the disc or anything but I was sort of looking forward to the new missions and new suits. I like variety, what can I say?

matmanx1 said:
So where the heck is my PSN DLC? 2 weeks now and nothing? I know Live got it on the 19th and PSN still has nothing.

Not that I've finished all the content on the disc or anything but I was sort of looking forward to the new missions and new suits. I like variety, what can I say?

It seems that its on the Europe PSN.

EYEL1NER

54 hours in earlier and I finally hit 100,000 shot down. This 100 missions online achievement is gonna take forever though, even doing Ultimate Enemy over and over again.

Shadow780

EYEL1NER said:
54 hours in earlier and I finally hit 100,000 shot down. This 100 missions online achievement is gonna take forever though, even doing Ultimate Enemy over and over again.

It goes by faster than you think.

Grinding rank 4 parts (with at least 8 modifiers or more) for each MS should get you close to 100 if not exceeding it. The rest is grind for 1000 kills online.

EYEL1NER

Shadow780 said:
It goes by faster than you think.

Grinding rank 4 parts (with at least 8 modifiers or more) for each MS should get you close to 100 if not exceeding it. The rest is grind for 1000 kills online.
I already hit 1000 kills online. I am only at 31 missions though.

matmanx1

EYEL1NER said:
I already hit 1000 kills online. I am only at 31 missions though.

I only have about 750 kills online but I'm already at 60 missions completed. Focus more on the bosses and less on the fodder! =)

Euro PSN has the DLC but not us? I wonder what's up with that?

Top Bottom