• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

Shadow780

I would actually suggest go straight to Ultimate Enemy where you fight Devil Gundam once Rank4 plans are unlocked. It's so easy to defeat it in this game when you gangbang with a bunch of people, destroy tentacles and unleash everything when it's powered down. You'd get tons of money and great Rank 4 plans for MS you used on that stage. Other stages takes too long.

Xater

LiK said:
any differences between the console versions?

I have not heard about any complaints either way. If you want to play with people I think most people here went with the PS3 version.

35 hours and halfway to shooting down 100K! Reborns Gundam has, I believe, the best special attack and it looks nice too. Though I still use 00 Raiser simply for the sake of the skills I have it at. Im too cheap to go to the Plan 4 for both of them. It seems to take forever to get the history missions unlocked.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This time the platform parity seems identical including load times (at least if you do a HDD install on the 360 side. That's what I did automatically.)

There's a very slight bit of lower frame rate during screen-filling special effects for musou attacks, but I thought it was the same on either side.

The video encoding on the 360 side also does not appear to be compromised as I heard it was for mainline Dynasty Warriors games.

matmanx1

Did my first 5 online matches earlier and they were quick and smooth. I went from about 5k gold to about 45k gold very quickly and leveled up a few times. It seems you don't take your equipment or skills into online but you do take your pilot level and machine rank.

How is the online ranking decided? I started off at 18 and after 2 missions I was rank 17. Does it go by how many missions you've played or your pilot level or some combination of all of that? Either way the online stuff seems pretty painless so far.

Ken

Shadow780 said:
I would actually suggest go straight to Ultimate Enemy where you fight Devil Gundam once Rank4 plans are unlocked. It's so easy to defeat it in this game when you gangbang with a bunch of people, destroy tentacles and unleash everything when it's powered down. You'd get tons of money and great Rank 4 plans for MS you used on that stage. Other stages takes too long.
When does that mission pop up?

*shrug*
I always stuck to normal missions after getting Rank 4 unlocked.
Even if the mech I'm using doesn't get good plans there's at least one that will.

I might need to take a break from this for awhile, I think have to go through the same story, Im guessing four times is a bit overkill especially when the run to fighting that Gundam involves using terrible mobile suits with terrible characters. I have Those Who Fight and Those Who Passby left. I really want the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 History Missions though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
I might need to take a break from this for awhile, I think have to go through the same story, Im guessing four times is a bit overkill especially when the run to fighting that Gundam involves using terrible mobile suits with terrible characters. I have Those Who Fight and Those Who Passby left. I really want the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 History Missions though.

Once you complete a certain story path, you don't have to do it again. Say, for example, For Peace. Even if the path you're currently on leads into For Peace, if you've already finished it from a previous path, it will still be counted as completed.

Also I'm 60+ hours in and still haven't seen the 00 History Missions. Have fun! :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dedication Through Light said:

Yeah I've mainly been playing online but just got through the first 2 chapters of the story.

Those Who Doubt was really annoying because I couldn't play with Char and Ribbons for more than like half the missions.

And of course Those Who Doubt was the same story as Those Who Understand just from the opposite perspective.

Is it really the same thing all 4 times though? Thats just ugh. I was figuring (or at least hoping) that the next 2 story arcs of the first 4 were different. Guess I should just do For Peace now instead of Fight / Pass By

Never played a DW Gundam game before, but this game seems really repetitive by Dynasty Warriors standards.

Shadow780

I don't know what's the requirement to unlock the last chapter (
for reform
) of the story missions, probably a combination of friendship levels and number of playable pilots. I got it after unlocking more pilots due to friendship level rising.

The story's not that good anyway, much of this game's fun has been byte size missions that takes about 5 minutes each, and grinding.

matmanx1

Seraphis Cain said:
Once you complete a certain story path, you don't have to do it again. Say, for example, For Peace. Even if the path you're currently on leads into For Peace, if you've already finished it from a previous path, it will still be counted as completed.

Also I'm 60+ hours in and still haven't seen the 00 History Missions. Have fun! :D

60+ and still rocking eh? Nice! I have it in my mind that this game will be my first Platinum Trophy and even though I know it's going to take 100'ish hours I'm still really motivated and looking forward to it. I peeked at the trophy guide over at PS3trophies.org and it definitely looks doable, just time consuming.

I did 10 more online missions today and got several Rank 3 plans I wanted including the Hyaku Shiki (one of my all time favorite Gundams!) and the Unicorn (which is the suit I have the most time in at this point). I'm only about 8 hours on my save file so I'm really just getting the surface scratched but I'm enjoying myself.

thundr51

Got this from gamefly last week and been pretty happy with it so far (thinking of actually buying).

Does anyone know how to get the lab tech level up? I've been at level 3 for some time and it goes up if I build another gundam or buy some stuff but hasn't moved since. Is there something else that I should be doing?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You need to crank out 100 missions total and then do the memorial mission that collaborates it.

I've noticed most new stuff comes from those memorial missions so I just do them as they pop up basically.

thundr51

darkside31337 said:
You need to crank out 100 missions total and then do the memorial mission that collaborates it.

I've noticed most new stuff comes from those memorial missions so I just do them as they pop up basically.

Ugh, now I remember why I would normally avoid the DW games...the grinding is insane...

I'm 8 hours in and only 29 missions done.

I'll give the memorial missions a try tonight.

matmanx1

The tech lab level just goes up by developing new Gundams, adding special equipment to those Gundams and upgrading Gundams. I've only got 11 or so hours on my save file and my Lab is already halfway though level 8. 20 online missions made me a bunch of cash (and good blueprints) in which to develop and upgrade mobile suits which of course upgraded my lab pretty quickly. Certainly feels far quicker than Part 2 in that regard.

I think the 100 missions completed is to unlock rank 4 plans, right? I'm at 48 completed so I've still got a ways to go for that one (because unfortunately online missions don't count towards that total!).

Yeah honestly once you get Salvage Connoisseur online missions lose a bit of their luster. Pretty much zero progress is gained from completing them. It's all just fast cash and exp.

SC grants mad money and once you hit rank 4 you can start dumping tons of blueprints for an extra +/-2000G a mission.

I forgot who grants SC though. It's tied to maxing out the friendship of one of the characters...Yeah I think it was Judau.

matmanx1

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Thanks for the review link. It's nice to see other folks out there enjoying this game despite what some paid review sites seem to think. I am certainly having a blast with the game and judging from the ease in which I've been able to find online matches I would say the community is at least decently healthy.

Oh and coming from Gundam 2 I would say this game beats it hands down in terms of looks and feel. You alluded to that with your pacing comments but the whole game is just more visceral and colorful and just a treat to play. Having played most of Omega Force's recent games this one is hands down my favorite in terms of fun factor and I'm going to be spending alot of time with it.

Edit - From Gamefaqs it sounds like Salvage Connoisseur may be from getting Judau to rank 5 friendship. Had to go and look that one up!

matmanx1

I'm really enjoying the fact that there are so many pilots and suits to go around and many of them are really fun to play. Every night as I'm unlocking new pilots I'm running a couple of missions with them and their primary suit and having a good time in the process. For a game as long as this one is it really is helping keep things fresh.

I discovered last night that I'm an F91 fan. I never really used it in part 2 but it's mobility and moveset coupled with it's balanced melee and shot score make it a pretty fun suit. And that aerial musou is quite handy! And hey, who doesn't like someone who likes toast? =P

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So Schawarz will raise Kyoji 's friendship, good to know. Playing a Gundam game when having no idea who 90% of the characters are, good times.

When I first tried out Deathscythe, I was hugely disappointed. My favourite character and suit line of one of the few Gundam shows I've ever managed to watch more then ten episodes and I didn't want to play it at all because how it was set up. However now that I've unlocked more skills such as Ace Pilot and Magnetic Field, he's the best suit to me now.
-The ability to hold the last attack for a charge so you can position yourself and/or let enemies lump together opens up plenty of situations other suits don't get.
-With just a few hundred grunts killed, Deathscythe can become one of the strongest melee in the game. One-hit killing ace pilots with it's standard SP attack is highly satisfying as it's such a quick move.

Love this game, love cloud saving.

Ken

wilflare said:
can't seem to get into this game as much as DW7.

cloud saving?
On PS3, I believe.

Funny, I actually got into this game a lot more than DW7, but that may just be my Gundam bias.

wilflare

Seraphis Cain said:
It's a PS+ thing, not actually related to DWG3.

And I find this game to be far, far more entertaining than DW7.

maybe it's just a gaming fatigue. it applies to all the games I bought recently
I was really looking forward to this title.

shall give it another go. still using the Nu Gundam. things may change once I get Strike Freedom (please tell me it's in) haha

Ken

wilflare said:
maybe it's just a gaming fatigue. it applies to all the games I bought recently
I was really looking forward to this title.

shall give it another go. still using the Nu Gundam. things may change once I get Strike Freedom (please tell me it's in) haha
It's in.

This game is actually refreshing to me after a year of Call of Duty and Halo. I also just got off Super Robot Wars Z2 and needed more mech action. All I need now is a HD Gundam Battle Assault and I'll be happy.

wilflare

Ken said:
It's in.

This game is actually refreshing to me after a year of Call of Duty and Halo. I also just got off Super Robot Wars Z2 and needed more mech action. All I need now is a HD Gundam Battle Assault and I'll be happy.

will come back after another round of Gundam Warriors.
aha

maybe i should sell my DW7 away now

Ken

TheVampire said:
Guys would I like this game if I only watched the newest series Gundam 00 ?
Currently there's only 2 00 units in the game right now. DLC will bring in 4 more 00 units (Cherudim, Arios, Seravee, and Susanowo). 00 was actually the last Gundam series I watched, and I was bummed that this game doesn't include the season 1 units which I liked a lot more than the new units.

If you like Gundam and don't mind DW games, I'd pick it up regardless of only having seen 00. It's a fun game that doesn't do too much wrong as long as you aren't expecting it to introduce new and innovative things to the DW name.

Ken

Gravijah said:
So, should I just hop into this one or try playing the first? I don't play DW games much though I do enjoy them.
I never played the first two but I'm still having fun with G3. If anything, playing the first one and then jumping into this one might increase the chances of getting DW fatigue.

MoxManiac

TheVampire said:
Guys would I like this game if I only watched the newest series Gundam 00 ?

I've never watched Gundam anything in my life and I love this game. Of course it's the DW side of the series that attracted me.

It's funny, I don't usually like anime, but after playing 3 DW:G games, I'm kinda curious. Is the original series translated?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gravijah said:
So, should I just hop into this one or try playing the first? I don't play DW games much though I do enjoy them.

Just play this one. DWG2 is great too, but the first one isn't worth playing at this point.

MoxManiac said:
I've never watched Gundam anything in my life and I love this game. Of course it's the DW side of the series that attracted me.

It's funny, I don't usually like anime, but after playing 3 DW:G games, I'm kinda curious. Is the original series translated?

The only Gundam series that AREN'T translated are ZZ and Gundam X. So yeah, almost all of the series in DWG3 are available in English.

Ken

MoxManiac said:

Mobile Suit Gundam, UC0079? I remember watching the dub on Toonami.

hahaha played about the first 10 minutes, didnt know wtf was going on and turned off the xbox.

I'll try getting into it tomorrow.

Ken

TheVampire said:
hahaha played about the first 10 minutes, didnt know wtf was going on and turned off the xbox.

I'll try getting into it tomorrow.
You're capturing the twisted fields to stop the twisting of the world within 90 twisted minutes.

Ken

Lostconfused said:
That's right but you shouldn't watch the series but watch the three movie compilations instead.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BI77MW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This? Are you making that suggestion to Mox because I've already seen the entire series before and from the reviews, it seems like it's just the series cut down to three movies.

Might grab the 0083 complete collection on DVD though since it's a lot more convenient than the 0083 VHS set I have lol.

Ken said:
This? Are you making that suggestion to Mox because I've already seen the entire series before and from the reviews, it seems like it's just the series cut down to three movies.
I am making that suggestion to anyone that will read it. And yup the movies are just the series cut down into three chunks. Which is a good thing because there is a lot of extra fluff in the tv show that you don't really need to watch. Plus the movies look better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I must say that Those Who Pass By is by far the best story arc of the first four (through the first 11 missions of this one).

Scirocco is a total G. He even has his entire harem going on in the game, literally the entire thing is about their group running into more and more ladies and him recruiting them while Audrey and Haman are disgusted the entire time, while Scirocco is telling Haman to beat it and get laid. Shame this game lacks gratuitous cutscenes of him and his lovely gigantic harem he's got going on.

I'm a bit of a Gundam novice, the only stuff I've seen are the original MSG, Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny, 00, Unicorn, 0080/0083 and 08th MS Team. So I've been missing out on a good chunk of what's going on, but it's actually making me intrigued in watching all the other series now. Zeta is definitely the first thing I'm checking out now just because of that arc.

S. L.

darkside31337 said:
Zeta is definitely the first thing I'm checking out now just because of that arc.
good man.
Zeta is the best out of the TV Gundams.

also i finally got Roux Louka :D
been waiting to get her

Beth Cyra

darkside31337 said:
I must say that Those Who Pass By is by far the best story arc of the first four (through the first 11 missions of this one).

Scirocco is a total G. He even has his entire harem going on in the game, literally the entire thing is about their group running into more and more ladies and him recruiting them while Audrey and Haman are disgusted the entire time, while Scirocco is telling Haman to beat it and get laid. Shame this game lacks gratuitous cutscenes of him and his lovely gigantic harem he's got going on.

I'm a bit of a Gundam novice, the only stuff I've seen are the original MSG, Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny, 00, Unicorn, 0080/0083 and 08th MS Team. So I've been missing out on a good chunk of what's going on, but it's actually making me intrigued in watching all the other series now. Zeta is definitely the first thing I'm checking out now just because of that arc.
I won't hate on Zeta as it is often called the best TV Gundam.

Just when you get done with it, try to find a way to view ZZ, it's not in english and alot of people are split on it, but Judau is awesome and the show is certainly worth a watch.

Just becareful, if you listen to the others and see the Zeta movies, ZZ follows the ending of Zeta which is different.

Top Bottom