• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

EYEL1NER

Shadow780 said:
You mean C5?

C1 is beam attack

C2 is normal attack then charge attack

and so on.
So to use Nu Gundam for an example:
His X,X,X,Y Funnel Attacks would be C4, correct? When it comes to the different parts for increasing charge attack power, I'm currently using Delta Drive, because for the past three games now, I thought that it would be C3.
I now want to go back to DW:G2 and change some of the equipment I have on some of my MS's.

Neki

Shadow780 said:
Do I get to equip more pilot skills later on? 3 seems too few, same goes with MS equipment as well.
I run Heat Field skill on all characters, and Magnetic Field on characters with huge AoE characters. The last one I run is either Impulse (haven't seen the effects of this one really) and Hyper Tension (so good).

His X,X,X,Y Funnel Attacks would be C4, correct? When it comes to the different parts for increasing charge attack power, I'm currently using Delta Drive, because for the past three games now, I thought that it would be C3.
I now want to go back to DW:G2 and change some of the equipment I have on some of my MS's.

Yes, C1 is just pressing triangle, so just so C2 would be X Y, C3 would be X X Y etc. I always get square drive because that enhances charge attack 4, which is the one you'll be doing when you dash cancel I think.

Some of the missions are just a joke, finishing them in 2 minutes and less for the story and even the other missions. The game makes me feel way too overleveled and powerful. Saving up for the special attack to be at 3 and then unleashing the Trans-AM to completely destroy the "boss", wow.

I dislike the giant mobile suits. Even if I finish them in five minutes or so, they are just annoying, especially when other Ace Pilots are on the field.

Heero seems like a cool character from whatever series he is in. Awesome character design.

Shadow780

EYEL1NER said:

Yeah I think it's been labeled that way since DW2, I don't have the manual of that game anymore but it stuck with me.

Ultimoo said:
I run Heat Field skill on all characters, and Magnetic Field on characters with huge AoE characters. The last one I run is either Impulse (haven't seen the effects of this one really) and Hyper Tension (so good).

I guess I'll start knocking down some memorial missions to unlock those. I hate having to purchase skills for each characters individually.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shadow780 said:
I guess I'll start knocking down some memorial missions to unlock those. I hate having to purchase skills for each characters individually.

Better than randomly unlocking them with each character individually like in the previous game.

Well, not for ME, because I loved the grind in the last game. But in general.

Shadow780 said:
:/

oh well, are there any main stays skill wise?
For the pilots, I generally use final sacrifice (health pickups don't work, but big boost in attack), beginner's aid (no blocking but big boost in attack), and switch between ace killer, magnetic, and little giant. For the suits, I'll use long range, speedster/hard strike/smash hit (on hard), and armor gain.

Neki

I almost always run Magnetic, though I guess it's more useful on some suits than others, you just need to test it out to see what it's really good on. (Raiser, Justice, etc.). I also like Blast Strike, and Heat Up is good if you can juggle aces well. I still don't know what Impulse does, and Hyper Tension is good for people with already good supers or people who build it fast enough.

For the pilots, I generally use final sacrifice (health pickups don't work, but big boost in attack), beginner's aid (no blocking but big boost in attack), and switch between ace killer, magnetic, and little giant. For the suits, I'll use long range, speedster/hard strike/smash hit (on hard), and armor gain.
lol I haven't even see the first two, I'd totally pick beginner's aid though. Does armor gain only recover purple bar, or can you fill yourself up to full using it?

Ultimoo said:
I almost always run Magnetic, though I guess it's more useful on some suits than others, you just need to test it out to see what it's really good on. (Raiser, Justice, etc.). I also like Blast Strike, and Heat Up is good if you can juggle aces well. I still don't know what Impulse does, and Hyper Tension is good for people with already good supers or people who build it fast enough.

lol I haven't even see the first two, I'd totally pick beginner's aid though. Does armor gain only recover purple bar, or can you fill yourself up to full using it?
Armor gain fills up the entire bar, not just the recoverable health. Final sacrifice is gained from getting Treize up to level 5 and Beginner's aid will come when you beat Amuro's and Char's 0079 history missions. Those two skills give you a huuuuge attack boost.

Shadow780

donkey show said:

Thanks, one more question, do online play count towards unlocking missions that require number of times X mobile suits played, shoot down, etc?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shadow780 said:
Thanks, one more question, do online play count towards unlocking missions that require number of times X mobile suits played, shoot down, etc?

I don't believe so. I used Hyaku Shiki two or three times offline, then four or five times online, and it's license still wasn't available in the shop until I used it a few more times offline. That leads me to believe that online and offline are completely separate.

Starting to get some Rank 4 suits now. Holy damn are they powerful. Almost makes me wish there were a higher difficulty than Hard. I've already been playing on Hard for the majority of the time with Rank 3 suits anyway. Only time I ever get in trouble is if I get ganged up on by multiple Aces. And even then I'd say I've probably only failed five or so missions thus far.

Also, Tallgeese is awesome. As is Turn X. Absolutely love using Shining Finger with Turn X.

Neki

Can't wait until I'm rank 1, only 6 ranks away, yay. does anyone know how history missions are unlocked? do I have to finish the other story missions first before I get new ones?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ultimoo said:
Can't wait until I'm rank 1, only 6 ranks away, yay. does anyone know how history missions are unlocked? do I have to finish the other story missions first before I get new ones?

I think it has something to do with friendship levels maybe? And maybe also story mission completion. I don't know, the game doesn't do a lot to explain that part. I know I've got a few open though (the original MS Gundam and Turn A).

Shadow780

Seraphis Cain said:
I don't believe so. I used Hyaku Shiki two or three times offline, then four or five times online, and it's license still wasn't available in the shop until I used it a few more times offline. That leads me to believe that online and offline are completely separate.

Shit, I've been using shitty MS like Balls only with rank 1 players (they don't need me) trying to unlock its missions, lulz.

Shadow780 said:
Shit, I've been using shitty MS like Balls only with rank 1 players (they don't need me) trying to unlock its missions, lulz.
What do you have against the greatest space vehicle that the Federation has?

Shadow780 said:
Online missions only count toward the total overall kill count memorial missions. History missions open up generally when you get a character to a certain friendship level and after beating certain history missions.

For example, Gato, Ranba Ral, Dozle, and M'Quve need to be at least lvl 4 friendship to unlock this Zeon history level... bleh.

Xater

What are some good missions to play to get my friendship up with M'quve, Haman and Scirocco?

Also if you want something to laugh read the IGN review for this game.

Ken

Xater said:
Also if you want something to laugh read the IGN review for this game.
This is the first DW game I've invested a decent amount of time into and even though there isn't much to the mission variety, and it is repetitive, it's definitely not boring.

...video games should do more than just wear out the X button on your controller.

Because all the other video games scoring 9+ aren't just wearing out the right trigger shooting, left stick for sprinting, and right stick for melee.

Look up "repetitive bullsh--" in the Urban Dictionary and you'll find this game.

Well, this is the first IGN review I've read in a few years and I think it will be my last.

Lumiere

Neo Member
donkey show said:
Online missions only count toward the total overall kill count memorial missions. History missions open up generally when you get a character to a certain friendship level and after beating certain history missions.

For example, Gato, Ranba Ral, Dozle, and M'Quve need to be at least lvl 4 friendship to unlock this Zeon history level... bleh.
I'm still trying to unlock the last (or at least, I hope it's the last...) history mission in the Z set and it requires lvl 5 with Kamille, Scirocco and Haman... afaik completing Z is required to unlock most of the other sets too :(

I know they can get to lvl 4 fast enough by using them as partners, but does that apply to lvl 5 too or do I need to complete their relationship missions for that?

Lumiere said:
I'm still trying to unlock the last (or at least, I hope it's the last...) history mission in the Z set and it requires lvl 5 with Kamille, Scirocco and Haman... afaik completing Z is required to unlock most of the other sets too :(

I know they can get to lvl 4 fast enough by using them as partners, but does that apply to lvl 5 too or do I need to complete their relationship missions for that?
You have to beat their relationship missions to get them to level 5.

We dont actually need to play on normal or difficult difficulty to unlock anything or get a trophy right? Ive been having to resort to "easy" mode on 7 Star and greater missions. I hate how Ace pilots want to team up on me when Im also facing the boss usually without the help of my partners.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
We dont actually need to play on normal or difficult difficulty to unlock anything or get a trophy right? Ive been having to resort to "easy" mode on 7 Star and greater missions. I hate how Ace pilots want to team up on me when Im also facing the boss usually without the help of my partners.

I don't think so. I've had to resort to Easy when I've been forced to use awful suits like Char's Z'Gok and Zeong myself. I don't think it makes a difference.

S. L.

MY COPY FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the best way to raise my friendship with Haman? Play friendship missions and hope she is in the team?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
IGN has musou games on their personal hit list. Every review is ridiculous shit - Samurai Warriors 3, Sengoku Basara 3, etc etc

It seems as if they've made an editorial decision to claim that the genre itself is unworthy of existing, so they're going to assassinate every game that comes through the office.

It reminds me how way back in the day, the original version of Daily Radar (I think it was?) literally had a mandate against 2D games. Their staff trashed any 2D fighting game under the notion "WHY WE STILL GOT SPRITES" now that we had awesome polygon graphics.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been playing Gundam Musou 3 at my friend's place. Great game, but god damn is the menu system the most impenetrable, confusing thing on the planet. I honestly STILL haven't figured out how to look at the stats of mechs I currently have.

Are ALL plans you pick up going to be better than the one you're currently using? If not, how the hell do I know if it's good? :(

Kai Dracon

thetrin said:
Been playing Gundam Musou 3 at my friend's place. Great game, but god damn is the menu system the most impenetrable, confusing thing on the planet. I honestly STILL haven't figured out how to look at the stats of mechs I currently have.

Are ALL plans you pick up going to be better than the one you're currently using? If not, how the hell do I know if it's good? :(

The menu is a mess, I fully agree. Here's one way I found:

Select a new plan to develop, then at the screen where it asks you to pick a slot, hover over an existing machine in your set of four. You should see red numbers showing how much weaker the existing machine is, compared to the plan you wish to overwrite it with.

Lack of a comprehensible database is the single weaknest part of the game imho.

Kaijima said:
IGN has musou games on their personal hit list. Every review is ridiculous shit - Samurai Warriors 3, Sengoku Basara 3, etc etc

It seems as if they've made an editorial decision to claim that the genre itself is unworthy of existing, so they're going to assassinate every game that comes through the office.

It reminds me how way back in the day, the original version of Daily Radar (I think it was?) literally had a mandate against 2D games. Their staff trashed any 2D fighting game under the notion "WHY WE STILL GOT SPRITES" now that we had awesome polygon graphics.

Eh I don't think it's just IGN thing. The Musou games get shit on pretty much eveywhere.

Some one mentioned this in the SA thread but as I was going through Those Who doubt.

And damn, Scirocco is such a ladies man. The entire campaign is just him gathering every single female character from every series under his wing.

ultron87

I'm loving Ribbon's Reborn Gundam. I greatly enjoy how it is a Gundam with a Guncannon jammed onto the back for no apparent reason.

ultron87 said:
I'm loving Ribbon's Reborn Gundam. I greatly enjoy how it is a Gundam with a Guncannon jammed onto the back for no apparent reason.

I loved seeing it, I havent got to using that Gundam yet. Some of the gundams look so cool...I wouldnt mind having some of their models.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kaijima said:
The menu is a mess, I fully agree. Here's one way I found:

Select a new plan to develop, then at the screen where it asks you to pick a slot, hover over an existing machine in your set of four. You should see red numbers showing how much weaker the existing machine is, compared to the plan you wish to overwrite it with.

Lack of a comprehensible database is the single weaknest part of the game imho.
Also, the total inability to check pilot stats outside of a mission is a big oversight, too. I sometimes have no idea which 2nd player pilots have skills and which don't.

They've made some vast improvements to the mission structure, and the inclusion of a battle gauge makes the game far less frustrating, but GOD DAMMIT is the menu system horrific.

I had another question: When we were playing, we were running out of story missions to do. Characters would have 3 missions (one of which you wouldn't even play as that character), and then no more would unlock. We had to keep changing characters to find missions to do.

What's the deal with that? What are we doing wrong?

Lostconfused said:
Some one mentioned this in the SA thread but as I was going through Those Who doubt.

And damn, Scirocco is such a ladies man. The entire campaign is just him gathering every single female character from every series under his wing.
What I always find hilarious about that is the fact that Scirocco looks OBVIOUSLY EVIL. JUST LOOK AT THE GUY! THE MAN IS OBVIOUSLY A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING!

Kai Dracon

thetrin said:
Also, the total inability to check pilot stats outside of a mission is a big oversight, too. I sometimes have no idea which 2nd player pilots have skills and which don't.

They've made some vast improvements to the mission structure, and the inclusion of a battle gauge makes the game far less frustrating, but GOD DAMMIT is the menu system horrific.

I had another question: When we were playing, we were running out of story missions to do. Characters would have 3 missions (one of which you wouldn't even play as that character), and then no more would unlock. We had to keep changing characters to find missions to do.

AFAIK the characters are grouped into 4 categories for the story that you see labeled on the pilot select screen, and you have to jump around between these 4, to keep unlocking new pilots and continue the story. Similar with history missions.

For instance I played all six of Amuro Ray's Mobile Suit Gundam history missions, but didn't get the missions for the next series as I next had to play some missions from Zeon's perspective. But to get Char I had to go back and play some story missions using characters from the "bad guys" chapter of the story.

Also, from the Eurogamer review:

"They all look the same, so they say. Blindness to nuance and personality in the face of the unfamiliar has always been the bigot's way, and how many gamers are guilty of the same when looking to Koei's Dynasty Warriors series? "There's no real challenge," they argue, setting the difficulty to easy and switching off after an hour. "You simply mash the buttons to trigger an apocalypse of fireworks," they explain, ignoring the capacity for skill beneath the pyrotechnics."

Gawddamn, that reviewer came out swinging at almost every other western Musou review.

ultron87

thetrin said:

You sometimes have to read a Terminal message to unlock new missions.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Finally unlocked Haman as a pilot.
I will always play as her unless the game forces me to pick somebody else.
I'll use Lunamaria as a pilot after I get done with those who doubt chapter. At least in the games she can kick ass like she deserved but never got to in the anime.

S. L.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Finally unlocked Haman as a pilot.
I will always play as her unless the game forces me to pick somebody else.
yesss Haman is the best :D

edit: been playing all day now, this is so good :D :D
and those MAs are really kicking my ass

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
Heero's friendship mission is terrible...Defeat 1000 enemy mobile suits in order for Setsuna to appear on the boss zone, and Heero's Gundam is rather weak too. Never again.

Really? I did another mission that had me kill 1,000 enemies, and it barely took 5-6 minutes. And Heero's suit, weak? Wing Gundam Zero has one of the best crowd-clearing SP attacks in the game.

EYEL1NER

S. L. said:
is there any point to juggling Haro in the loading screen except for mindless fun?
I was having mindless fun with it, but then I realized that I was playing the game an awful lot and it was also pretty loud in the disc drive, so I installed it. Now everything loads so quick that I don't get a chance to juggle Haro.

Seraphis Cain said:
Really? I did another mission that had me kill 1,000 enemies, and it barely took 5-6 minutes. And Heero's suit, weak? Wing Gundam Zero has one of the best crowd-clearing SP attacks in the game.

I guess because I only had the initial rank 1 plan for his Gundam. (the prize for the mission seemed to be a rank 3 suit)

Top Bottom