• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors Official Character Popularity Poll

Glad I'm not seeing that self-righteous pretentious two-faced bastard Liu Bei on anyone's list

Well that's because he threw his baby, and that's just True Chinese Ancient History.

KBMyVjd.gif

DxD

Banned
Well that's because he threw his baby, and that's just True Chinese Ancient History.

KBMyVjd.gif

Ironically, he was right.
He should've killed his son because his son dishonored their clan into ruin afterward.
ZY effing it up by going back...smh.

Voted for Zhen Ji, Cao Cao and Zhang Liao. Glad to see a lot of love for Zhang Liao, one of my favorite character in the series.

Shu:
1. Xing Cai (day 1 buy for Xing Cai)
2. Liu bei
3. Guan Yu

Wu:
1. Sun Jian
2. Lu Xun
3. Lianshi

Jin:
1. Wang Yuanji
2. Sima Yi
3. Sima Shi

Other:
1. Do Not Pursue
2. The Daughter you can (not) pursue
3. Diaochan

Evilisk

Voted on

1. Xu Huang
2. Yue Jin
3. Wang Yi

Sucked not being able to vote Cai Wenji, Xiahou Yuan, Zhang Liao or Guo Jia. Especially Xiahou Yuan as he was the first character I picked in my first proper DW game. It ended up going down to gameplay (Wang Yi over Cai Wenji) and a bit of meta voting (Xu Huang over Guo Jia or Xiahou Yuan, after looking at the Japanese poll). Actually, I had to do a looot of nitpicking to get it down to that number because I just really like Wei as a faction and its characters.

I've already decided on other factions (since they're way easier for me).

Wu
Ding Feng, Lu Meng, Zhou Tai.
This was almost as hard as Wei until I considered the recent designs and moveset changes. It was way easier to decide after that (sorry Gan Ning and Huang Gai!)

Jin
Zhuge Dan, Guo Huai and Deng Ai.
Going with Deng Ai over Sima Yi due to his crappy placement in the Jp poll.

Shu
Pang Tong, Ma Dai.
I could go with a third (Yue Ying, Zhang Fei, Liu Shan) or not. I guess we'll see when the vote pops up.

Others
Lu Bu. That's it.
Don't really care for Others in DW tbh. The closest to a second and third would be Zuo Ci (but he just ain't as cool as he used to be tbh) or Zhang Jiao (purely because he was super useful in WO3U's Gauntlet Mode). Chen Gong and Lu Lingqi sound interesting but I haven't got around to 8XL yet.

Ironically, he was right.
He should've killed his son because his son dishonored their clan into ruin afterward.
ZY effing it up by going back...smh.

Maybe if Liu Bei didn't throw his infant son to the ground, the poor child wouldn't have suffered brain damage.

But...you know...benevolence.

Anyway, I went with Cao Cao, Wang Yi, and Xiahou Dun.

Mephala

Gun Yu
Ma Chao
Xingcai

Third was a tough choice but I feel like she needs some love. Yueying is a good choice for females too.

Evilisk

In the end I went with

Pang Tong (still the best Shu character for me, even since DW3)
Ma Dai (only decent Shu addition from the PS3 series imo. I also actually wanted him pre-DW7)
Xu Shu (because I was reminded of him joining Wei in the hypothetical Wei route in 8 lol and I don't like anyone else enough. Also super useful in WO3U)

Sorry Zhang Fei, Yue Ying and Liu Shan!

massoluk

Banned
I fell for Waifu trap with Xing Cai and Guan Yinping.

Also Liu Shan is a better man than his backstabbing father, glory to the true man of benevolence, Liu Shan

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You need a Facebook account to participate? Meh.

You should be able to ignore the sign in request. Like a "maybe later" option. Only the last part of the poll will require facebook, since they're doing a live count thing.

Went with Pang Tong, Liu Shan, and Xing Cai. They always seemed a little more sane than the other Shu options. Pang Tong has been great forever. A shame how quickly he dies.

Velikost

Only voted for Shu but I went

Guan Yu
Wei Yan
Zhuge Liang

Wanted to include Pang Tong but you can only pick three =/

Kirye

I'm voting for that one guy, Huang Gai. Him, Zhuge Liang and Lu Xun were my favorite characters.

Just reading all of these names is bringing me back. God I need some Dynasty Warriors in my life.

massoluk

Banned
Zhuge Liang was a fraud. His most famous feat was to ride on the coattail of Zhou Yu and all his campaigns ended in failure. Vote smart, vote Xing Cai, vote Guan Yinping, vote Guan Yu, vote anyone but Zhuge Liang*

This message is paid for by Friends of Liu Shan.

Pang Tong and...um...well...

Fuck this poll, can I just vote for Pang Tong two more times?

Edit: Ended up picking Pang Tong, Xu Shu, and Bao Sanniang

Evilisk

Glad to see all of the Pang Tong love

Pang Tong and...um...well...

Fuck this poll, can I just vote for Pang Tong two more times?

Edit: Ended up picking Pang Tong, Xu Shu, and Bao Sanniang

I think you could have voted only one character

Also you just reminded me that this awful character exists ughhhh

Also Liu Shan is a better man than his backstabbing father, glory to the true man of benevolence, Liu Shan

Liu Shan is cool. I just wish his rapier moveset wasn't the worst thing ever. Even in WO3U, where you can upgrade the shit out of any weapon, it still isn't any fun to actually use.

joecanada

Gotta go with Zhuge Liang/Yue Ying/Pang Tong

I give Shu shit, but they had the best intellectuals*.

*not counting the true victor of the three kingdoms, Sima Yi

I'm thinking people actually vote for the stories?? I only vote by who's most op lol. Characters who swipe off the horse like the dude with nunchuks? Liu tong ? Are always best lol you never need to dismount. Also any character with widesweep that can down 10 men at once

Lucumo

You should be able to ignore the sign in request. Like a "maybe later" option. Only the last part of the poll will require facebook, since they're doing a live count thing.

Went with Pang Tong, Liu Shan, and Xing Cai. They always seemed a little more sane than the other Shu options. Pang Tong has been great forever. A shame how quickly he dies.

Says I'm not logged in and if I get rid of it via ESC, it just reloads the page with that window being in front again.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Liu Shan is cool. I just wish his rapier moveset wasn't the worst thing ever. Even in WO3U, where you can upgrade the shit out of any weapon, it still isn't any fun to actually use.

The Dragon Bench he adopted in the DW8XL DLC & DW8 Empires is pretty awesome. Fantastic troll weapon.

Unfortunately, there's speculation going around that the high fantasy weapons might be getting dropped in DW9, or at the very least weapon shakeups are abound. There's even some worry that we'll see DW6/7 clone wars again.

It seems like a shame. I know they want to revamp the combat system a bit, but some of the new weapons they added in DW8 (including XL and the DLC weapons) were the best they've ever had. Lots of great gimmicks and fun animations.

Says I'm not logged in and if I get rid of it via ESC, it just reloads the page with that window being in front again.

Hmm, seems like things aren't working as smoothly as they intended. This is what I could find from Koei on the matter:

1) Even without a Facebook account, you should be able to access the poll as we set it up to allow that. We noticed that sometimes the Desktop version of the poll will not allow you to do this however if you have a mobile and you access the mobile version it'll let you go through.

I tried logging out and accessing the poll from mobile, but it just sent me to a strange page with some red text warning me about the sanctity of the URL.

Skade

Can't vote because no facebook account and don't want to even create a throwaway one but... Seriously ?

People like Guan Yu ? He's butt ugly, got a boring personality and his gameplay is always super slow. I know people still pray to him to this day but man... I can't stand him...

For Shu, my votes would be :
Yue Ying
Ma Chao
Wei Yan

Wei :
Xiahou Dun
Zhang Liao
Cao Ren

Wu :
Zhou Tai
Gan Ning
Lu Meng

Jin :
Sima Shi
Zhong Hui
Jia Chong

Others :
Lu Bu
Lu Lingqi
Zhurong

I voted for Guan Ping and Pang Tong.

The only 3 DW characters I really like are Meng Huo, Lu Bu, and Guan Ping. Meng Huo is definitely my favourite though.

I'm thinking people actually vote for the stories?? I only vote by who's most op lol. Characters who swipe off the horse like the dude with nunchuks? Liu tong ? Are always best lol you never need to dismount. Also any character with widesweep that can down 10 men at once

I would say Shu has the worst of those tbh

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm happy to see that many gaffers love Wang Yi, she seems an underloved character :\

I hate Shu, but at least I can think of three good characters.

Wu? It's impossible. They're all terrible
....Fine.
Here are my votes:

Sun Ce - I hate him, but his absolutely miserable death in the Three Kingdoms books always makes me laugh.
Zhou Yu - He gets sick and dies after being owned by Zhuge Liang repeatedly. That's amazing!
Sun Jian - He'd rather take an arrow in the face than deal with his family of idiots and clowns.

Top Bottom