• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors Official Character Popularity Poll

Evilisk

Aw man

I guess I shoulda voted Xiahou Yuan instead of Wang Yi (I thought he'd do better lol)

Still glad on Wang Yi getting 4th though

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wu should be more interesting, since they don't have as typical a poster boy character. Still, Zhao Yun has been pretty cool, especially since they finally fitted him with a weapon that lets him fight similarly to the DW5 intro video.

Still, I'm curious as to where Pang Tong ended up. Kind of surprised at Ma Chao. I've found him a little insufferable in these past few games. He was one of my favorites in 4 and 5 though, so I guess I can understand where the love comes from. That stabbing charge attack he had was an officer destroyer.

Full Shu results:

zFEJmVk.jpg

Zhuge Liang in 5th = ehhh I'll take it. Actually all my picks did reasonably well in this one.

Creaking

Full Shu results:

Zhuge Liang in 5th = ehhh I'll take it. Actually all my picks did reasonably well in this one.

Ha! Get bent Guan Suo. Bao Sanniang should be down there with him, but at least she's low. My two least favorite additions to the series, and prime examples of what I hate about some of the newer young characters.

Glad Pang Tong got to the 1st row at least, and above Liu Bei, no less. Too bad Liu Shan got second to last, but he has had a pretty bland moveset and an odd personality that might annoy some (though he's got more depth than most of his peers).

Xu Shu must get by on looks and moveset alone. His riddled-with-self-doubt mopey personality is so tiresome.

Jiang Wei has been super obnoxious since his reintroduction in 7, but I guess diehard Shu fans connect with his diehard Shu boner. Being a pretty boy with anime hair helps too.

Well, enough from me. I don't mean to be totally down on other people's choices.

Tagyhag

Ha, that's my personal Shu top 3 as well.

No idea why Xu Shu is so high, he seems boring as hell.

Also, Guan Duo should probably just leave. Scoring lower than Liu Shan? Just go home.

Shanaynay

I totally called it.

Go me.

Really don't understand what people see in Ma Chao though.
Same but i also apply that to Wang Yi, though at least her theme is fucking outstanding.

Also ofc Zhao Yun would win 1st spot, so predictable. Poor Guan Suo, though to be honest i forgot he existed.

She has just as much a right to be there as anybody else.

I'll admit, she's actually pretty awesome in Warriors Orochi 3.

With the right setup, she can kill anyone on any difficulty in one attack.

(Though the same could probably be said for over half the cast in that ridiculously broken game. My most-played character was Lianshi, simply because she head-shot insta-kills officers from a mile away.)

Shanaynay

(Though the same could probably be said for over half the cast in that ridiculously broken game)

Give her a big star weapon maxed out and she murder everything.

Luminaire

(Though the same could probably be said for over half the cast in that ridiculously broken game. My most-played character was Lianshi, simply because she head-shot insta-kills officers from a mile away.)

See? You're coming around! ♥

Lianshi was busted as shit. I think I used Hayabusa, Ayane, and Bao for super AOE chaos nightmare destruction. I need to get WO3 for PS4...

For the record, Liu Bei should be higher as well. Pang Tong lower imo, little to no personality other than a mask. Always hated his move set. Xing is in a good spot, as is Yinping. Guan Suo has 100 votes too many.

I ain't gonna lie, Xu Shu is one good-looking dude. Personality of a gnat, but I always do a double-take when I see his handsome face.

Voted for YueYing, XingCai, and Pang Tong though.

Pang Tong's DW6 moth outfit is still the coolest thing. Plus he's the only dude that Koei hasn't tried to beautify, in order to appeal to the shipping crowd. Even Huang Zhong got one or two of his wrinkles removed, just to look ever so slightly younger.

Creaking

See? You're coming around! ♥

Lianshi was busted as shit. I think I used Hayabusa, Ayane, and Bao for super AOE chaos nightmare destruction. I need to get WO3 for PS4...

For the record, Liu Bei should be higher as well. Pang Tong lower imo, little to no personality other than a mask. Always hated his move set. Xing is in a good spot, as is Yinping. Guan Suo has 100 votes too many.

You've got to be kidding me.

old

We all know who the dream team is:

Shu: Zhao Yun, Ma Chao
Wei: Zhang Liao, Xiahou Dun
Wu: Gan Ning, Lu Xun
Jin: (I don't recognize the legitimacy of these backstabbing bastards)
Other: Lu Bu, Lu Lingqi

Wu top 3 are up. Full results in a few hours, as usual.

1st: Zhou Tai - e: 1,997 votes
2nd: Gan Ning - 1,502 votes
3rd: Zhou Yu - 1,399 votes

I don't really have anything positive to say about this.

Wu top 3 are up. Full results in a few hours, as usual.

1st: Zhou Tai - TBC votes
2nd: Gan Ning - 1,502 votes
3rd: Zhou Yu - 1,399 votes

I don't really have anything positive to say about this.

Well...
Zhou Tai is a badass. Shame he's also a complete void in terms of personality. Then again, Wu in general is filled with garbage personalities (like Gan Ning), so maybe it's for the best.

My hatred for Gan Ning borders on the nonsensical. Waaaay back in DW3, he showed up out of nowhere and kicked my ass in a mission. I've hated him ever since.

I actually voted for Zhou Yu...but...

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Zhou Yu - He gets sick and dies after being owned by Zhuge Liang repeatedly. That's amazing!

Now that I think about it, I probably should have voted for Lianshi. Her weapon is pretty cool. Also, if the other characters in DW9 are any indication, she might finally get a decent outfit.

Oh wait....she hangs out with Sun Quan.
gag
ick
barf
vomit
puke
retch
hurl
blaaaaarrrrgggggggghhhh

Onivulk

Banned
I'd be one of the people to rank Zhou Tai highest.

He's definitely doesn't have the greatest personality but when I started the series in DW4 he had the coolest musou attack.

You could just lock hundreds of dudes into a flurry of attacks and then send them all flying. Plus, he looks like a badass.

EYEL1NER

Lianshi under Daqiao?! What is there to like about Daqiao at all? I mean, I'd say the same about Sun Shangxiang but she's been around forever and is an important character, but Daqiao? Her and Xiaoqiao are the worst. I don't think I use either, ever.

Evilisk

While I'm disappointed (but not surprised) at all the ladies/pretty boys getting the most votes, I'm glad to see that Zhou Tai is no. 1

Ding Feng being last is some shit though

tumblr_myv8qfVMQL1rsi8jco1_400.gif

Top 3 for the Other category are up. You know the deal with full results by now.

1st: Lu Bu - 2,969 votes
2nd: Lu Linqi - 2,524 votes
3rd: Diao Chan - 1,886 votes

I'll be surprised if anyone's surprised at this.

Hystzen

Han Dang being so low fuck off urghhh and Ding Feng shit people get yourselves together. Zhou Tai top of poll will still get no scenes or story content lol

Top Bottom