• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors Official Character Popularity Poll

Dargor

Han Dang being so low fuck off urghhh and Ding Feng shit people get yourselves together. Zhou Tai top of poll will still get no scenes or story content lol

Zhou Tai is my favorite character, him and his katana, no need for anything else.

Zhou Yu died pretty young, I'd say he didn't really get much of a chance to face off against Zhuge Liang at all.

If I'm not mistaken, he died before the Wu-Shu alliance broke.

I'm going off of the Romance of Three Kingdoms. Basically Zhou Yu was trying to use the Liu Bei/Sun Shangxiang marriage to gain power over Shu, but Zhuge Liang was always one step ahead.

Sure. If we went by real history Shu would look pretty bad.
Indeed.

Top 3 for the Other category are up. You know the deal with full results by now.

1st: Lu Bu - 2,969 votes
2nd: Lu Linqi - 2,524 votes
3rd: Diao Chan - 1,886 votes

I'll be surprised if anyone's surprised at this.

Good lord. Lu Linqi was only just introduced in DW8 XL and she's already nearly as popular as her father.

EYEL1NER

I'm kind of blown away that Lu Linqi would/could get those kind of numbers. I guess I have to assume that it's solely because she's Lu Bu's daughter. Zhurong got robbed regardless.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm kind of blown away that Lu Linqi would/could get those kind of numbers. I guess I have to assume that it's solely because she's Lu Bu's daughter. Zhurong got robbed regardless.

There also aren't a lot of great options in Other. Many of them are one-off "villains" that the series has turned into cartoons.

But yeah, you're right about Zhurong.

Full results for Others:

TgaNbNu.jpg

Can anybody provide him with a decent challenge? Aside from his daughter.

Evilisk

Unsurprising result there, beyond Lu Lingqi getting #2.

I am glad Zuo Ci (and his pointed mustache) somehow made 5th. If Chen Gong were ahead of him, the Top 5 would literally be just Other Females + the Lu Bu Faction.

Also, I don't think anyone's gonna be bummed out over Dong Zhuo being dead last lol

Creaking

I miss old Dong Zhuo, when he was less rotund and had some level of intimidation factor for himself:

Same goes for Yuan Shao. I miss when the characters were slightly less obvious. When they tried to give those characters more than one dimension.

His design was loads better too:

Creaking

I still don't really feel the appeal of Chinese Barbie. She always felt blandly infallible. Her perpetually disinterested face also kind of annoys me. Like she has better things to do than help unify China. And I never cared for the knives moveset. You could make it crazy overpowered in some aspects, but the rangel aspect combined with no hit stun always struck me as very unsatisfying.

Guessing Ba takes last place.

Creaking

At least his design in 9 seems to be closer to his old appearance while retaining part of his recent one.

Yeah, I appreciate the return of the helmet and more armored look, but damn that face,
white hair, and mustache twirling. If they're going to go for a western depiction of royalty, I much prefer the Arthurian look.

Creaking

Sweet, two of my picks leading the charge for 4th and 5th. I forget who my third pick was. Yi, maybe?

Poor Zhuge Dan. I blame his impractical DW8 moveset for being so low. Just the opposite for Xiahou Ba. Guo Huai needs more aspects to his character. Being perpetually sick and little else is not very engaging.

Evilisk

*yawns* what an unsurprising result

I still don't get Wang Yuanji's appeal. She's such an aggressively bland tsundere now (was more interesting in DW7). Also, I loathe the throwing knives moveset so much, regardless of whether you can make them OP or not.

Aside from that, Deng Ai deserves better. And I'm baffled that Wen Yang is so high. The other defectors (Zhuge Dan and Xiahou Ba) are way lower despite being way more interesting imo.

So now that we know who's moving to the semi final, I might as well list everyone in order from 16th to last. Japanese poll results for reference

16. Wang Yi (1756)
17. Zhu Rong (1745) [YAAAS QUEEEN. She was like in the 70s in the Japanese poll]
18. Zhen Ji (1556)
19. Cao Pi (1554) [He was 5th in the Japanese poll]
20. Xu Shu (1343) [He was 4th in the Japanese poll]
21. Sun Ce (1217)
22. Sun Shang Xiang (1214)
23. Wen Yang (1185)
24. Zhuge Liang (1169)
25. Xing Cai (1146)
26. Jia Chong (1141)
27. Zuo Ci (1112)
28. Lu Xun (1062) [He was 3rd in the Japanese poll]
29. Guan Yinping (1051) [She was 6th in the Japanese poll]
30. Zhang He (1014)
31. Sima Shi (987)
32. Zhang Chunhua (980)
33. Jiang Wei (909)
34. Zhong Hui (872) [He was 10th in the Japanese poll]
35. Cai Wenji (850)
36. Da Qiao (830)
37. Yue Jin (820)
38. Lian Shi (817)
39. Chen Gong (808)
40. Guo Jia (785) [He was 1st in the Japanese poll]
41. Sun Jian (777)
42. Yue Ying (732)
43. Ling Tong (711)
44. Lu Meng (695)
45. Xiao Qiao (682)
46. Pang Tong (667)
47. Meng Huo (666)
48. Xun Yu (648)
49. Dian Wei (647)
50. Liu Bei (622)
51. Xu Huang (620)
52. Taishi Ci (597)
53. Wei Yan (595)
54. Deng Ai (563)
55. Guan Ping (530)
56. Yuan Shao (516)
57. Xiahou Ba (512)
58. Yu Jin (494)
59. Guo Huai (441)
60. Zhang Jiao (431) [He was last in the Japanese poll]
61. Sun Quan (422)
62. Pang De (414)
63. Bao Sanniang (399) [sis should have been last with her hubby]
64. Zhu Ran (389)
65. Zhang Fei (381)
66. Guan Xing (379)
67. Jia Xu (365)
68. Fa Zheng (350)
69. Cao Ren (346)
70. Ma Dai (323)
71. Li Dian (306)
72. Zhuge Dan (298)
73. Lu Su (293)
74. Xiahou Yuan (286)
75. Zhang Bao (240)
76. Huang Gai (237)
77. Huang Zhong (233)
78. Han Dang (230)
79. Xu Zhu (195)
80. Liu Shan (177)
81. Dong Zhuo (169)
82. Ding Feng (153)
83. Guan Suo (130)

Bao Sanniang and Guan Suo confirmed worst female and male.

Evilisk

I didn't realize there was gonna be a second round of voting. I thought Lu Bu already took the whole thing tbh (well, he's probably gonna take it anyway)

It seems like we only get a pick of two characters for semi's

81. Dong Zhuo (169)
82. Ding Feng (153)
83. Guan Suo (130)

Ding Feng REALLY doesn't deserve to be wedged between these two awful characters :/

Evilisk

Went with Zhang Liao and Lu Bu

I genuinely like Zhang Liao so that's easy

Lu Bu, I would prefer him to be first over guys like Zhao Yun tbh

Wang Yuanji and Lu Lingqu, because why not?

At least Zhurong took a close 4th in the Other category.

EDIT: Forgot to vote for Jin. Oops. Probably would have just went with Sima Yi, Wang, and Jia Chong (dude's a sexy motherfucker and I love his moveset).

Evilisk

I'm amazed at Zhou Tai getting 5th. I'm also very glad for this because a Top 5 with only Lu Bu, Zhao Yun, Diao Chan, Yuanji and Lingqi (waifus and the poster boys) would have been legit disappointing

Prepare for disappointment

I am already preparing for it

At this point, I'll be happy as long as the gap between THE WANG and whoever is second isn't too large. Lu Bu being 200 votes away from Yuanji in the semis is way more disappointing to me than no Wei in the Top 5

Wang Yuanji got 1st? Did Japan secretly hijack the poll? I for sure thought Lu Bu would have dominated the poll for the western audience.

Not that I'm seriously disappointed or anything. I knew going in that my favorites wouldn't get that close. At least Zhang Liao(fuck yeah!) broke the top 10--even getting past Xiahou Dun!

Evilisk

So apparently a number of votes had to be removed because they were from Asian countries and this was intended to be a "Western" poll (this applies to all the polls, not just the semis).

Wang Yuanji got 1st? Did Japan secretly hijack the poll? I for sure thought Lu Bu would have dominated the poll for the western audience.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened there. It's especially confusing when the WANG had the lowest no. of votes of all the first position characters during the faction voting phase, while Lu Bu had the highest (almost double of hers)

I guess a lot of folks didn't bother voting in the semis.

Top Bottom