• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

painey

im sweating my nuts off here in london, and just had two bowls of lucky charms and im fit to vomit.. need a good conference from sony after that pos by ninty.

AndyD

aka andydumi
msdstc said:
why does everyone keep saying this about nintendo? What happened at the conference?

Also can anyone just quickly answer please... is it on g4?

Nothing happened.

Animal Crossing Wii, a Snowboarding game, GTA for DS, Wii Music???, and the motion + with a weak sequel to Wii Sports, but not til next year.

cartoon_soldier said:
I Expect:

KZ2 Demonstration
Resistance Demonstration/Gameplay
Motorstorm 2 trailer
MGS4/MGO Talk
New First Party Game Announcements for 2009.
Infamous Gameplay/Trailer

And some 3rd party trailers.

Home Launch Date
Video Download Service Date
Too reasonable, needs more BELIEVE.

TRICO and ZOE3 bitches!

Well, Sony has been left with the opportunity to knock the door down (Microsoft's mediocre showing, and Nintendo's epic fail)... here's hoping they actually do.

psycho_snake said:
Livewire has a very clear image, but there's a pretty big delay.

HOW TO BEAT THE LIVEWIRE DELAY
A Guide By BenjaminBirdie

Click the FAST FORWARD BUTTON (DO NOT SLIDE THE TIME THINGIE) a few times until it's going at about 8 or 16x. It will flash through the conference that's already happened like the opening to the Season Finale of Buffy's fifth season but instead of landing on some hapless teen running down "THE ONE ALLEYWAY IN SUNNYDALE" it will bring you pretty much to RIGHT NOW.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So far E3's been shit. Hope Sony can do this just like last year.

I'm expecting the worse, but hoping for the best. There better be more than what was listed in that "leaked" press conference, otherwise it will be a major disappointment for me.

By the way, is anyone getting an image in livewire? I'm just getting a blank picture.

N30RYU

Heavy%20Rain_9006.jpg

oneHeero

msdstc said:
why does everyone keep saying this about nintendo? What happened at the conference?

Also can anyone just quickly answer please... is it on g4?
Nothing great was announced for the Wii, just Animal Crossing. No Pikmen nothing for the core base, all casual.

Some neat things for DS but thats it. And than the LOL: the game was shown.(>.>)

BenjaminBirdie said:
HOW TO BEAT THE LIVEWIRE DELAY
A Guide By BenjaminBirdie

Click the FAST FORWARD BUTTON (DO NOT SLIDE THE TIME THINGIE) a few times until it's going at about 8 or 16x. It will flash through the conference that's already happened like the opening to the Season Finale of Buffy's fifth season but instead of landing on some hapless teen running down "THE ONE ALLEYWAY IN SUNNYDALE" it will bring you pretty much to RIGHT NOW.
Awesome, will have to try this.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
As long as they show something, anything new...

GoW3 game engine trailer, Team Ico game, Heavy Rain, THE LAST GUY! Anything that I haven't seen 10x over already.

This was Microsoft's conference low point as well - the only new stuff they've shows were the casual games. Gears 2 demonstration was like a real game unveiling at least though.

LRB1983

Banned
C'mon sony some great announcement to redeem FFXIII exclusivity loss.
More than Little Big Planet, Killzone 2 or Home.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thing is that we will see this upcoming games so don't go complaining about them showing this years offerings as well. It's not like they're not AAA franchises. It'l be good.

Marconelly said:
This was Microsoft's conference low point as well - the only new stuff they've shows were the casual games. Gears 2 demonstration was like a real game unveiling at least though.

How was Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3 and Fable 2 not?

(Just out of curiosity.)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Chances of a price cut announcement ? I guess really low, but thats what i am waiting the most.

I sure wont buy the PS3 at its current price. And since FF13 is coming to 360, i even have less reasons to fork over with the current ps3 price.

Top Bottom