• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 App Live on PS4, Download Now

Melchiah

Indeed. Sony is so desperate to re-capture the US crowd.

Meanwhile they give cold shoulder to their strongest region which carried the PS3 through with over half of the +80 million systems sold. They should take a note from Microsoft's strategy with the 360, as MS never did the same to their strongest region. I kinda hope it ends up biting Sony in the ass, so they'll have to change their ways.

Meanwhile they give cold shoulder to their strongest region which carried the PS3 through with over half of the +80 million systems sold. They should take a note from Microsoft's strategy with the 360, as MS never did the same to their strongest region. I kinda hope it ends up biting Sony in the ass, so they'll have to change their ways.

This.

Flunkie

Banned
I just realized that playstation NOW is a perfect way to play E3 demos at home. You don't download the code, so there's no way to have a demo accidentally leak stuff from the game. They can deny you access to the demo once E3 is over without the risk of someone hacking it to give people permanent access or unlock parts of the game that weren't intended. The demo can be remotely reset by them in the event of a glitch/bug/crash. Perfect!
Cool idea, but we're probably a few years away from that...

def sim

iTrjXctQFK3Au.jpg

Hah it's cute.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wonder why the hell a simple e3 streaming app is limited to one country. I expect this from Microsoft, not Sony.
I wouldn't call it a simple streaming app, it's more of a SCEA marketing app geared towards their US market. Launching it starts an Amazon Prime commercial, it links to Amazon.com to start a Prime trial/membership, using the app grants US Sony reward points, there's promo codes for US Music Unlimited & US PS Now beta, game pages will link back to their US PS Store preorder pages, and there's advertising for SCEA's PS tour bus.

I guess the people in charge of this didn't think it was worth offering just the streaming portion and the game previews in their other territories without the Amazon marketing deal and the cross promotions. This is the type of thing I expect from a company with 3 regional offices that work independent from each other instead of 1 central office like MS. I'm sure if SCEE spends some money developing something similar for Gamescom or SCEJA for TGS that SCEA wont bother offering it in the US Store.

No PS3 app?
PS3???!!!
Doesn't look like it. It looks like they're not even bothering streaming it via Home or the Live Events viewer app this year. Has the IGN app launched on PS3 yet?

LifEndz

YESSSS!! I was just thinking why this isn't something Sony and MS do. Now watch it malfunction when Sony's presser goes live.

FTS. I'm tired of Sony pampering the US customers with 10$ free PSN credit, free Infamous soundtrack, and now this, while leaving the European customers high and dry.

And all last year people were jealous of EU consumers for getting much better Plus games and pre-loading.

DirtyLarry

Nice. Always glad to get some Sony rewards points.
Same. I never sign up for any credit card deals, but I decided it was dumb not to and try to use it for all gaming purposes.
I've already gotten over $250, which does not include the $50 PSN Credit I got for signing up. Really has wound up being a great idea.

So I downloaded the app, installed it. Is nothing supposed to work yet?

I seriously wonder why this isn't available in Canada, it seems like PSN is consistent between US and Can. I think I can watch the conference on the IGN app though?

adj_noun

Same. I never sign up for any credit card deals, but I decided it was dumb not to and try to use it for all gaming purposes.
I've already gotten over $250, which does not include the $50 PSN Credit I got for signing up. Really has wound up being a great idea.

So I downloaded the app, installed it. Is nothing supposed to work yet?

Yeah, nothing works yet.

The press conference area will open on June 9th at 5:45pm PDT so you can watch our live broadcast, and the rest of the booth sections will open up on June 10th at 12pm PDT.

Melchiah

And all last year people were jealous of EU consumers for getting much better Plus games and pre-loading.

I remember that. Those people forgot how the EU PSN has always had less demos, apps, no movies/series to rent, and later releases on everything. The better PS+ offerings were actually a welcome change to the norm.

Kichigo92

Banned
US only makes this fucking shit, I don't see why they can't provide EU support. They know full well a lot of PlayStation fans here stay up to watch their conference and other content at E3.

Melchiah

Can't find it in the store I have a US AND EU account, how can I make sure my US account is the primary, I think k that's why it is not showing up

I don't think you can get it to work, if you live outside the US. At least that's the way it was with the PS3's Live Events Viewer app.

Marc

US only?

Send in the Klopp!

jurgen-klopp-pissed.gif

Actually, if they hired that fucking director from GDC then I'll stick to gametrailers or someone instead.

Would be nice if someone from Sony europe grew a pair of balls and started saying things like screwing over customers on digital, on RRP, apps, on accessories etc. may not be a great idea. Europe doesn't tend to gradually lose patience, they just snap one day and invade everyone.

Can someone explain why such a thing would be US only?
The only reason I can think of is either US focused advertising and/or specific US retail E3 deals.

Kuro

Cold shoulder because of an E3 app, really? We don't even know if maybe its just going to take a little bit longer to get on the EU store.

Melchiah

Cold shoulder because of an E3 app, really? We don't even know if maybe its just going to take a little bit longer to get on the EU store.

Read the other posts. The US side had 10$ free PSN credit with the PS4 system, free Infamous soundtrack, free PS4 camera clip for the TV, better PSN store offerings, be it demos, apps, or earlier releases. It's been going on for years, with the better PS+ offerings in the EU being the only exception, but the recent PS4 blunders have really started to get on my nerves.

The PS3's Live Events Viewer hasn't still arrived to the EU side either.

MavFan619

Banned
IGN PS4 will stream all conferences FYI

PS Now isn't all that IMO.
Really? Granted I have to use it when my house internet is only being used by me but I found it to be pretty cool. I just wish I had better than below average internet to make it more viable for me.

Salex_

Really? Granted I have to use it when my house internet is only being used by me but I found it to be pretty cool. I just wish I had better than below average internet to make it more viable for me.

He was talking about the current game selection.

Melchiah

Was asking whether it would work as the PS3 version worked fine last year for me in the UK, downloading the PS4 App now to try.

Ah, perhaps the LEV app isn't blocked in the UK. If so, it raises a question whether it's about language, but that would be an odd reason to restrict the use of the app.

Caayn

US only for an app used to stream a live event? Really? Ah well, time to fire up my US account again.

Awesome!!!

This will definitely beat being uncomfortable in my PC chair.

Edit: US only, fuck everyone.

Really sucks. Went to download it, and of course, not available in my country.

Exactly!

The fuck!?

I don't understand why everyone is so peeved that the App is US-only. While not ideal, it's super easy to quickly create a US account and download the App. I'm in Canada, and I did that with this App, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. I can even watch them from my Canadian account after initiating the download from my American account.

Top Bottom