• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Schedule, General Information, and FAQ

libi

Neo Member
For those wanting to watch the twitch -stream through their PS3's I'd recommend looking into Serviio. It's an app for PC that lets you stream any content from your computer to your console. Your PC needs to be hooked up to the same network.

Instructions on how to set up the twitch -plugin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUbV_VA2cng

(You don't need all of the plugins, you can just google the one for twitch)

This is what I plan on doing, and I've already tested that it's working for me.
Should work with other consoles and devices too (like dlna enabled TV's).

Great option if you don't have the possibility to plug an hdmi -cable from your PC to your TV.

Chairhome

Plenty.

GT(gametrailers), Youtube livestreams some, IGN, Gamespot (feed from Twitch), Giantbomb (Twitch feed), Amazon (new this year). Most game websites will also embed the Twitch feed.

Any links to youtube livestreams? Or are you just expecting some to pop up closer to the conference? Want to watch this during my lunchbreak.

Volotaire

Any links to youtube livestreams? Or are you just expecting some to pop up closer to the conference? Want to watch this during my lunchbreak.

I'm expecting them to go up in the next few hours. I wouldn't rely on the Youtube ones as much. I'll do a search in an hour and post in this thread.

Persona7

Banned

I think IGN usually has a livestream pop up on their youtube page shortly before the conference. Last year the youtube stream worked extremely well.

julrik

What do you guys think will give the best quality? IGN app on PS4, or streaming Gametrailers/Twitch/IGN PC>HDMI>TV?

Tabris

So I will be in an airport for Microsoft's conference and a hotel for Sony's. I hope I have good internet connections for both.

Which stream do you think is best to handle SD / bad internet connections? Gametrailers?

Amani

Dunno how decent Twitch is gonna be on mobile today, but their usually fine on my phone. I'd probably stick with them or Gametrailers.

JudgeN

It will be interesting to see if Twitch can handle the viewership, I would hope this would get more views than the highest LoL tournament stream.

Is this the general discussion thread? Will be somewhat cumbersome to hop between separate reveal threads while the show is going on.

squadr0n

I have a serious problem! I just got called into work even though i asked off and confirmed it like 10 times lol. I can listen to my phone but i cant bring my laptop. Is there anywhere, preferably giant bomb, that I can listen to the conferences without video on my iphone 4s?

I have a serious problem! I just got called into work even though i asked off and confirmed it like 10 times lol. I can listen to my phone but i cant bring my laptop. Is there anywhere, preferably giant bomb, that I can listen to the conferences without video on my iphone 4s?
Pretty sure the twitch app audio still comes through even if your phone is locked.

GavinUK86

im gunna try twitch i guess, hopefully the GiantBomb crew will get their archive up soon after the events so i can catch it when i get home.

The new Twitch app update allows just audio now. It works like playing an mp3 when your phone is locked so that should work for you.

Sorry if it's posted in the OP, but I haven't seen ityet, and I have to go to work in less than 10 minutes.

Does anyone know where I can watch today's conferences after the fact?

I'll be home in time for Sony's but I'd like to watch all the others in full without spoilers, as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Clopezi

GT only have one day of streaming? I can't understand it...

Geoff said something about it? Last year i rembember that GT was the better streaming and had the best interviews, with Tretton, Reggie...

Volotaire

GT only have one day of streaming? I can't understand it...

Geoff said something about it? Last year i rembember that GT was the better streaming and had the best interviews, with Tretton, Reggie...

Probably because twitch is becoming more and more As the official partner.

thenexus6

Sony have a channel live already got their steam on live from playstation. I won't be watching live (as it'll be 2am here) so will watch early tomorrow morning. Does anyone know of a link I could bookmark to take me straight to it? I just know if I google it tomorrow I will see spoilers in my search

xPhinehas

Gaf isn't offline yet!? Is there hope? Or is this just because the pressers haven't started yet? Also I'm watching on GT because of Tretton being there offering his opinions.

Top Bottom