• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexNovis

Banned
I'd see where you're coming from if he hadn't also said he'd see us in the morning. It's clearly being announced within the next 24 hours.

Or he's saying he'll do damage control in the morning but signing off to sleep now. You could read it either way. Until we get clarification we just can't say for sure.

Or he's saying he'll do damage control in the morning but signing off to sleep now. You could read it either way. Until we get clarification we just can't say for sure.

What damage control can you exactly do in this situation?

Its clear from the wording, not only the 'a few hours early' but also the 'see you in the morning' that this was planned to be revealed within the next day. Yes we 'cant say for sure' but come on, its obvious thats what it means.

AerialAir

Banned
My guesses for Nintendo:

- First official StarFox U gameplay trailer;
- Some new mario sports game (Strikers would be a great cross-plat for them to try out the 3DS-WiiU thing);
- Big show on Mario Maker;
- Explanation about why Zelda isn't showing;
- More info about Bravely Second and Yokai Watch, since they're handling the localization of those games;
- DQ VIII coming to the west, Q2 2016;
- New English XenoX trailer and release date;
- Possibly two new metroid games: one 2D, other 3D (3DS, WiiU);
- More info on Devil's Third and MegaTen x SMT development;
- More info on Fire Emblem if;
- Info on other third party localizations (such as Atlus surely bringing The Legend of Legacy, seeing how well it did in Japan and how BD did here);
- Indie show reel;
- Oh, and the new Fatal Frame that's supposedly being localized.

My wishes for Nintendo:

- A sequel for Okami/den on the 3DS;
- DQ VII localized
(lol)
;
- Squeenix remaking FFVII for the 3DS;
- New Legacy of Kain;
- Proper racing sim in the vein of Forza/GT;
- New Shadowrun;
- New Castlevania;
- Darksiders III;
- New Ghosts 'n Goblins (main or spin-off);
- New Giana Sisters.

Damage control is to not acknowledge it.

Besides, these kind of stuff are determined by marketing, not the creative director.

My guess is that tomorrow morning, we'll see a PSBlog post go up announcing this collection, with a writeup by Neil Druckmann and that was supposed to be the official kickoff of the reveal.

onosfv68u1j.png

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/606247564871008256

I also have that Cammy figure. It is glorious. My body is ready for more SFV news at E3. Hoping for at least a few character reveals, then another at Evo.

This E3, I think I'll be satisfied if I get the following:

Scalebound gameplay debut
Street Fighter V gameplay/character reveals
Dark Souls 3 reveal
Project Horizon reveal
Level 5 reveal
Final Fantasy XII HD

That's the minimum that will satisfy me, and yet I know there will be much more than this. My hype is actually in check for once, and it's a beautiful feeling.

Aggelos

guyz, do you think the appearance of the film Jurassic World might elevate (or already has) Capcom's thinking to revive and resuscitate the Dino Crisis series?

labaronx

guyz, do you think the appearance of the film Jurassic World might elevate (or already has) Capcom's thinking to revive and resuscitate the Dino Crisis series?

Maybe. If this restarts the dino craze from the 90s i could see several people attempt it.

Everything leaked/revealed so far is everything we knew was happening. I like this.

And going by Druckmann's tweet, it's not like the Nathan Drake Collection was primed as an E3 announcement anyway. It was just forced out a day early is all.

Everything is cool.

super apprehensive about leaks happening right now. come on, only a few days left

Tratorn

Hopefully they'll really announce the collection today. That would give me a bit more confidence that Sony's press conference will be at least decent.

Tizoc

My predictions-

Nintendo:
Dai Gyakuten Saiban localization announcement
DQ7 Localization announcement

Both'd be digital, but I got space on my regular 3DS to spare =3

Donthizz#

so uncharted collection was not supposed to be announced at e3 after all. saving all that time for Last Guardian I see, well played sony well played..

so uncharted collection was not supposed to be announced at e3 after all. saving all that time for Last Guardian I see, well played sony well played..

Sony likes to announce stuff before E3 then later showcase it during the conference. So I'm pretty sure we'll still see it taking up a slot at E3 regardless.

Boke1879

Sony likes to announce stuff before E3 then later showcase it during the conference. So I'm pretty sure we'll still see it taking up a slot at E3 regardless.

Personally I doubt it'll take up much. It'll get another mention at E3 no doubt, possibly a release date. But it's not a surprise. If anything it get mentioned alongside a UC4 demo

SSReborn

What damage control can you exactly do in this situation?

Its clear from the wording, not only the 'a few hours early' but also the 'see you in the morning' that this was planned to be revealed within the next day. Yes we 'cant say for sure' but come on, its obvious thats what it means.
Not only that but as I said in the other thread there would be no reason for there to be info on the uc collection this far in advance on the ps store. For prevention of the very thing that just happened.

MAybe it was planned for reveal at E3 and Druckmann is just downplaying the mistake. Don't believe every PR-comment.
Anyway, it would not have a huge impact. Hope they have bigger surprises than this one...

This E3, I think I'll be satisfied if I get the following:

Scalebound gameplay debut
Street Fighter V gameplay/character reveals
Dark Souls 3 reveal
Project Horizon reveal
Level 5 reveal
Final Fantasy XII HD

I'll be totally satisfied with:

Salebound gameplay that cashes in on Kamiya's brilliance.
Bloodborne expansion announced.
Horizon reveal. The concept is just too good.
New Rime and Cuphead footage.
Hitman 6 being a real Hitman title, the true next-gen Blood Money fans want.
Star Fox looking good.
Devil's Third delivering that trademark quality Itagaki combat.
Stunning trailers for Phantom Pain and Uncharted 4.
Quantum Break to have more interesting encounters than the ones shown at Gamescom last year.

Bonus points for either: Dragon's Dogma Remasterd or DMC 5. Both would be awesome.

Nothing too fat-fetched I think, but it would make for an awesome E3 for me.

Auctopus

What if Neil just wrote that to fuck with GAF. He probably hasn't finished beating off at our misery.

Huh? He likes NeoGAF. Are you referencing the comment on the panel he did where he said "Don't listen to NeoGAF" cause I'd say that's sound advice.

v1lla21

No I wasn't saying he doesn't like GAF. Like maybe he just did it to play with people and kind of hype them up :p was there a significant leak somewhere? Because I don't see why he would say that.

Nvm just saw the iOS thread. Looooool, fuck.

SDCowboy

TLG is the one leak I really hope does happen. If it's said to be there, then it's something to look forward too. If not, then I won't be as disappointed if it's not there.

FelipeMGM

Well at least it leaked hours before the actual announcement. Gives me hope that Sony's e3 games won't be leaked so soon.

Also, it only leaked because of Sony own mistakes. Even though this was obvious, it would have caught everyone by surprise being announced today.

MAybe it was planned for reveal at E3 and Druckmann is just downplaying the mistake. Don't believe every PR-comment.
Anyway, it would not have a huge impact. Hope they have bigger surprises than this one...
But Sony tends to announce stuff before E3 so this wouldn't exactly be the first time.

Liamc723

The fact that Sony have announced the Uncharted collection now instead of at E3 makes me hope they have some big things planned for their conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom