• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

What do you guys/gals think is the possibility of Epic announcing something big (AAA on the scale of Gears) at E3 this year? I know that they've mostly devolved into engine support at this point, but with the lagging adoption of UE4 for AAA, it would behoove them to put out a beautiful game as a tech demo (and my gut says on PS4 as lead SKU, if not exclusive). Plus, we haven't heard any reports of massive layoffs, meaning that they still have a bunch of artists and designers, and I don't think they're all working on Fortnite and Unreal Tournament.

Zukkoyaki

My thoughts exactly.

When did this place turn into the whiny bitch of gaming communities?
It's going to get worse as E3 begins no matter what gets announced.

Microsoft announces Banjo Kazooie 3?
"3D platformers aren't relevant anymore." "It's going to suck because all the talent left." "I hate CG trailers."

Ubisoft announces the most compelling new IP of the generation?
"It's going to get downgraded." "I refuse to buy anything from Ubisoft." "In before towers."

Sony announces The Last Guardian?
"Were the old games even any good?" "It's been 6 years, it's gonna suck." "No Ueda, no buy." "Oh another PS4 game that's all style over substance."

And god forbid a game only has okay graphics like Fallout 4. Yeesh.

labaronx

"3D platformers aren't relevant anymore." "It's going to suck because all the talent left." "I hate CG trailers."

"It's going to get downgraded." "I refuse to buy anything from Ubisoft." "In before towers."

"Were the old games even any good?" "It's been 6 years, it's gonna suck." "No Ueda, no buy." "Oh another PS4 game that's all style over substance."

People are complaining about fallout 4 graphics?

klaushm

And talkjing about whining. It's said that Sony have a lot of moneyhats for winter.
It's going to be a bloodly E3 if so..

Love that you used a Life is Strange image for the Square-Enix banner.

Biased, much? :p

Even better I took that screen through my Elgato! Quite proud of how that turned out!

All seriousness, I did look at having Deus Ex or FFXV instead, but there wasn't a big enough piece of art from Mankind Divided to fit a 757x1777 layer.

As for Final Fantasy XV, there wasn't any renders or art blown up to fit such a layer that looked any good. That said, it looks like I dodged a bullet not going for it!

Plus, Life is Strange looked much, much better, bias or not (though I'll happily admit I have a bias to it XD).

Salex_

Yep, thats Gaf for you. There will always be people who love to complain or nitpick about everything. I cant wait to see all the complaints after E3, even if Sony or MS have a good conference.
What I expect to see a lot of:

1. People complaining about some of the many un-announced games not appealing to them. Thus, [insert conference] or E3 was garbage.

2. Not enough "megatons" aka sequels to old semi or popular IPs. Or multiplats going exclusive.

3. (I don't know why this would happen, but I think it will.) People complaining about previous announced games getting their first gameplay debut or updated footage at E3. These will be labeled as "wasted time". 2-5 minutes of games that someone isn't interested in will be revised into using up 20 minutes.

And talkjing about whining. It's said that Sony have a lot of moneyhats for winter.
It's going to be a bloodly E3 if so..

The moneyhats could purely be the marketing deals for all we know. I doubt there will be a big 3rd party timed exclusive revealed at E3 that will release before Xmas that Sony could grab.

They are already marketing (from now and beyond)

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Destiny (DLC)
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III (rumour)
  • Assassins Creed Syndicate (Rumour)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • No Man's Sky
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Street Fighter V
  • Just Cause 3

They'll likely add some at E3 (maybe the new Ubisoft IP) but I would imagine those games would be quite far away. Mirrors Edge could be either Sony or Microsoft.

KAL2006

Banned
With Sony getting Uncharted Collection announcement out the way perhaps they have more to show at E3.

I reckon we will have quick trailers one after another for:
Uncharted Collection
Tearaway Unfolded
Until Dawn
No Man's Sky
Wild
Everybody's Golf
Batman Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed
Mad Max
Metal Gear Solid V
Destiny DLC

Indie Trailers
Rime, Shadow of the Beast and etc

Then they will have 3rd party stage demos
Star Wars Battlefront
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
New Game from Capcom (not exclusive)

Then more stage demos for current exclusives
Street Fighter V
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 4

Then newly announced games
Horizon
Sony Bend New IP
Level 5 JRPG

Then Morpheus Games

labaronx

I honestly think both sony and ms will have really good shows.

I already have a ps4 and am getting a arkham ps4 when it releases.

Im hoping for a decent looking halo 5 xbox one bundle

More footage/gameplay of the following: quantum break phantom, dust, street fighter v, ratchet and clank, star ocean v, star wars Battlefront, and fallout 4

SDCowboy

Yeah I didn't mean by that order. I think they will end on Horizon if they don't have a surprise game like Gran Turismo 7 or Last Guardian or a 3rd party money hat

My dream presser ending for Sony would be, they start winding down, and then right when people start thinking...well hell, there goes another E3 withouth TLG...boom...oh, one last thing. Would be glorious.

I'm actually more excited to hear what 'normal' games will be Morpheus compatible. I mean stuff like sports games, driving games, any FPS etc. If it's really just a seperate line up, I'll be a bit dissapointed frankly.

Tratorn

My dream presser ending for Sony would be, they start winding down, and then right when people start thinking...well hell, there goes another E3 withouth TLG...boom...oh, one last thing. Would be glorious.

The "one last thing" is even getting quite old now, since everyone is waiting for it.
I would do it like this:

The last presenter should just say thanks and goodbye and leave the stage. 5 seconds later, as soon as the people want to leave the room, they'll hear a cute "rawr" coming from the monitors. They would see the bird-griffin-whateveritis followed by a damn great 3-5 minutes gameplay trailer.

So... console version of Overwatch announced at E3 or do you think Blizzard holds off until after the PC launch?

I reckon they'll wait after the PC version is out. Plus, although this doesn't stop them from announcing a console version at - say - Sony should they be so inclined, they are due to appear at the PC Gamer show.

SDCowboy

The "one last thing" is even getting quite old now, since everyone is waiting for it.
I would do it like this:

The last presenter should just say thanks and goodbye and leave the stage. 5 seconds later, as soon as the people want to leave the room, they'll hear a cute "rawr" coming from the monitors. They would see the bird-griffin-whateveritis followed by a damn great 3-5 minutes gameplay trailer.

That would also be cool. Honestly, at this point, I don't care how they show it. I just hope they show it already. lol

Euron

What have been the one last things in recent years? From what I remember:

MS: Crackdown
Sony: Uncharted 4
Nintendo: Miyamoto and Star Fox
Ubisoft: Rainbow Six Siege
EA: Battlefield Hardline Beta

MS: Halo Xbox One and Price
Sony: Destiny and Price
Nintendo: Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Ubisoft: The Division
EA: Battlefront? Mirror's Edge?

MS: Black Ops 2 Gameplay
Sony: The Last of Us Gameplay
Nintendo: Nintendo Land
Ubisoft: Watch Dogs
EA: ???

MS: Halo 4
Sony: Vita Price
Nintendo: Wii U Clusterfuck Reveal and EA Unprecedented Partnership

What have been the one last things in recent years? From what I remember:

MS: Crackdown
Sony: Uncharted 4
Nintendo: Miyamoto and Star Fox
Ubisoft: Rainbow Six Siege
EA: Battlefield Hardline Beta

MS: Halo Xbox One and Price
Sony: Destiny and Price
Nintendo: Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Ubisoft: The Division
EA: Battlefront? Mirror's Edge?

MS: Black Ops 2 Gameplay
Sony: The Last of Us Gameplay
Nintendo: Nintendo Land
Ubisoft: Watch Dogs
EA: ???

MS: Halo 4
Sony: Vita Price
Nintendo: Wii U Clusterfuck Reveal and EA Unprecedented Partnership

Don't know if I'd count Miyamoto and Star Fox being the one last thing for last year's Nintendo Digital Event as Star Fox was blurred anyways and Miyamoto was only there for 30 seconds to promote an appearance on the Treehouse stream. If anything, it'd be the Smash trailer that ended it. But that's just me.

In terms of EA 2012 and EA 2013, Crysis 3 was the game that finished it off in 2012 and Mirror's Edge was the game that ended it in 2013 after a Battlefield 4 trailer. Battlefront was the end of the first third of that conference.

Luke_Wal

I think Queasy Games (Sound Shapes) could make an amazing Patapon game. Wonder what they are working on...

The rumor about a year and a half ago was that they were partnering with Media Molecule on a Parappa game. At least one of those guys is working on a Kickstarter game called Loud on Planet X, which looks pretty cool and is coming to PS4/Vita. Looks a little Patapon-esque, actually. Although I am a backer, so I'm a little biased.

Ixion

So with fallout 4 likely in 2015.... when do we see doom may 2016?

Yeah, I'm thinking a Spring 2016 release. The current id Software team has more to prove with Doom than Bethesda does with Fallout, so I think it makes sense to give Doom 4 a less crowded release window to shine, instead of the packed holiday season period. The last two Wolfenstein games have also released in the Spring.

BKSmash

Trust me, I'll NEVER complain about that. Unless it's a kinect game ofc..

Verendus

Banned
It seems like we've all come to accept that E3 is going to be crap. It's nice that we're all maturing. It feels like a real growth phase.

Verendus

Banned
You missed the lastguardian/crash/agent speculation from a few pages back. This is just a lull.
That's good that everyone already got it out of the way. I guess people are saving that FF7 remake speculation as their last-ditch effort, before accepting the inevitability of their disappointment.

Edit:

Oh wow, I sound like Agent Smith. Good shit.

Wiggy

That's good that everyone already got it out of the way. I guess people are saving that FF7 remake speculation as their last-ditch effort, before accepting the inevitability of their disappointment.

Oh damn knew I forgot one. There has already been an avatar bet on a FF7 remake being announced at either e3 or tgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom