• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

Wait, people liked Crash Bandicoot? Mario 64 was devouring my eyes at the time.

Sorry, I'm feeling unwell, hence grumpy.

I got Mario 64 at launch and I think I played Crash after Christmas '96 or in early '97.

I didn't dislike Crash, but it didn't hold a candle to M64 when I played it. I don't remember finishing it until much later.

With the PS selling so well, I'm sure tons liked it. Even more so if it was the best platformer for the only hardware they owned.

Square Enix confirmed today ,that there will be no Final Fantasy 15 at this years E3. Not even a single Trailer....their marketing campaing for this game will start at the gamescom

'Announced' as in 'confirming the veracity of a leak'?

I think his point was that Sony had always planned to announce it today. So it wasn't a case of them pushing up an E3 announcement because of a leak.

neildckyzj.png

FelipeMGM

Square Enix confirmed today ,that there will be no Final Fantasy 15 at this years E3. Not even a single Trailer....their marketing campaing for this game will start at the gamescom

Yeah, I just read that at Gematsu. They must have some important unannounced IP then.

Lexad

Maybe focus on kingdom hearts. Just surprised they aren't showing anything

Urthor

Maybe focus on kingdom hearts. Just surprised they aren't showing anything

Realistically a 1 year gap between both games to get clear air,was always going to be a very likely hand of cards to be dealt. Both are megaton tier releases that will probably clear house in the home country, despite the shift in the market to mobile.

qq, did the Dual Shockers thing get debunked?

NMFried

From a previous thread:

Optimistic attitude:
Sony is lying about their lineup being sparse.
Nintendo had their microdirect to free up space in their E3 show for Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox.
Microsoft is rebooting Gears in a totally new setting/time period.

Pessimistic attitude:
Sony has no games for the fall except Uncharted Remasters.
Nintendo delays Star Fox to next year and has no new games to talk about.
Microsoft gives us a Rare Kinect Kollection.

18-Volt

I feel like Nintendo is totally gonna ignore 3DS at the Direct. I mean, they already have announced their late 2015/early 2016 lineup and probably is preparing for the big launch in 2016 right now.

If anything they could reveal the next N3DS exclusive game which I absolutely expect Twilight Princess.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I put together a cheat card for all the E3 press conferences for UK/Irish GAF. You can find an uncompressed, larger version (6640x1775) here.

jsBOsWc.jpg

Really cool, I have a feeling many are going into EA's conference excited for Battlefront but afterwards will be excited for something else (not that BF will be bad but that EA has some IPs that, if announced, could cause a lot of excitement).

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
My predictions:

Bethesda:
Fallout 4 gameplay that will look cool but be panned because of bad graphics.
Doom 4 will have good graphics but be a pretty standard shooter.
Dishonored 2 will be received the best at this conference.
Prey 2 hopefuls will cry.

Microsoft:
New Gears of War looks like....a Next Gen Gears of War. Maybe a promise for more open levels?
Remedy will show off Quantum Break again but still not announce a release date.
There will be a tease for a new IP but we wont hear anything until next E3.
Rise of Tomb Raider gameplay which will look cool but get hated on for not being Uncharted.
Both Scalebound and Crackdown will have new trailers but no gameplay.
Fable legends will have a new trailer.
Halo 5 will get the most time spent on it and be impressive.
There will be a Halo announcement that has nothing to do with Halo 5.

EA:
EA Sports will, announce sports games.
There will be something about the sims and it will be boring.
There will be an EA MOBA there.
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2?!?
Mass Effect 4 reveal, people will cry and jerk faces will make dumb jokes about colors.
Need for Speed Gameplay. It will be racing, and people will claim driveclub looks better.
Viceral will talk about Hardline DLC and then blow freaking minds by releasing a short teaser for a JEDI KNIGHT reboot featuring Kyle Katarn!!!OMG!k21?1
I wish, the game will be a random jedi fighting in an open world for some reason. Which is still cool but not Kyle Katarn cool
Conference will end with 40 people crammed onto one stage pretending to play a pre-recorded match of Battlefront on Hoth. Pre-order now to get into the beta which is exclusive to the PS4, today!

Sony:
Nothing, they have no games....well except for
Uncharted 4 Blow Out!! For some reason people will say things like "Tomb Raider get rekt" and "Lara Croft who?", which will be extremely annoying for those of use who can enjoy more than one game...
There will be a huge indie game section with lots of awesome exclusive indie games but, who cares because they don't count.
They do to me :(
Bungie will be there with new Destiny info for the helplessly addicted.
Killstrain will steal the show with a really cool idea for mobas on consoles.
Call of Duty on stage at Sony betrayalton...unless you have been paying attention.
Deep Down gameplay, still no release date.
Exclusive Square Enix game coming soony.
Exclusive Capcom game coming never.
Street Fighter 5 gameplay.
Titanfall 2 reveal.
Will end with Crash Bandicoot
history trailer and an announcement for a remaster of his ps1 games...:(
TLG gets rebranded as an animated Playstation TV show like Powers. People legit go nuts and threaten to burn their PS4s. I still don't care...lol.

Ubisoft:
Aiesha Tyler looks hot.
The same five games that get shown every year get gameplay trailers from their new installments.
Rainbow Six gameplay.
The division gets live gameplay running on 2 Titan Xs but played with an xbox controller. People get fooled again.
Awkwardness.
Yves speech is still incomprehensible.
My wife has to stop watching because its just too fucking weird and awkward.
A new Prince of Persia is announced (and treating like its a never before seen IP) it will be fucking assassin's creed in a more colorful cartoonish world.
Blood Dragon 2 melts facing and proves it is the only thing worth a damn out of Ubisoft.

PC:
Suprisingly good conference with a good variety of games announced and demoed.
Cliffy B drops the mic after announcing something awesome.
Guest peeps announce "things" for VR.
Blizzard announces something new for diablo.
Half Life
card game
Microsoft offers empty promises.
Has the best host of all E3 conferences.
Thread will be full of people asking why they are even having a conference.
I will love it and watch it from my PS4
lol

Nintendo:
Will make a cute video that once again exploits our nostalgia for their previous games while simultaneously announcing stuff we don't really know if we want or not but will still buy because, man, don't you remember how much you played Super Mario Bros back in the day?
Will have the most Japanese games at the confer...err video.
Star Fox gameplay, you have to look through the tablet screen to shoot things. Why? Because Miyamoto hates you and your standard control schemes.
FZero will not be shown. I will cry.
New Amiibos will be announced that you will never be able to buy.
Mario maker will look badass and I will put it on my instabuy list.
It is confirmed that Luigi is Peach's main squeeze and she always disliked mario...
Nintendo MOBA announced (Mario Online Battle Arena)

Ixion

Doom 4 will have good graphics but be a pretty standard shooter.

Based on the fan impressions we got from QuakeCon last year, I think people are going to be surprised if this is the general attitude towards the game right now.

All in all, I'm curious to see the order of games in Bethesda's E3 show. Curious to see how they weigh the importance of Fallout VS Doom VS Dishonored.

Today has been nuts for announcements. I wonder if this is how it's going to be all the way leading up to E3 now - publishers getting the (relatively) small fry out of the way so they have more room for the big guns come conference time.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Based on the fan impressions we got from QuakeCon last year, I think people are going to be surprised if this is the general attitude towards the game right now.

All in all, I'm curious to see the order of games in Bethesda's E3 show. Curious to see how they weigh the importance of Fallout VS Doom VS Dishonored.

If it is something different I will be pretty damn hyped for it. :)

Today has been nuts for announcements. I wonder if this is how it's going to be all the way leading up to E3 now - publishers getting the (relatively) small fry out of the way so they have more room for the big guns come conference time.

Or maybe just gameplay of what's been announced already?

Euron

At the moment the conference I'm the most curious about is Nintendo's. Obviously they'll show off Mario Maker and Yoshi some more, hopefully give us a XCX release date, and unveil Star Fox but what else?

Animal Crossing Wii U is confirmed to exist but will it come out this year or next? I would go crazy if Paper Mario U exists but when will that release? Next Level Games also has a new project. Is it Punch Out?

And what the hell is going on with the 3DS? Are we getting a new Metroid? If so it better not be just for the new 3DS.

Lakitu

st5fu
1 and a half weeks left.

So now that Fallout 4 has been announced and Uncharted collection, what can we expect?

Ubisoft: At least 1 announcement, but their recent press conference announcement says to expect surprises, so more than one.
EA: Shinobi says to expect 3 brand new announcements at EA's conference including a new IP. I also expect Mass Effect to be among them.
Sony: Verendus says to expect 3 first-party announcements that will get people talking and since the Uncharted collection has been announced, I'll assume that's not one of them.
Microsoft: There's always a few announcements. I'd expect at least 2 and possibly more including Gears and Rare's new project.
Bethesda: There should be a couple of announcements there including a Dishonored: DE one.
Square-Enix: They've already said they will make announcements, plus they have one with IGN.

v1lla21

Agreed. Although 40hrs is a stretch.
Depending on difficulty...

UC1 - 7-9hrs
UC2 - 10-12hrs
UC3 - 8-10hrs

So more like 25 - 30hrs.
Are you counting in getting collectibles? It took me around 14 to finish uc2. Even then 25-30 is perfectly fine. I get getting mad at the lack of multiplayer but whatever. People weren't going to play it much due to the uc4 beta and then the uc4 release.

Ixion

Has there been any confirmation or rumor of dis honored or is that just wishful thinking

Just reasonable speculation as far as I know.

• Dishonored sold well
  • The developers, Arcane Studios, have been quiet since the release of Dishonored three years ago
  • Dishonored was a PS+ game last month, perhaps to gain new fans before the sequel is announced

OCD Guy

Unless they still focus on what's already been announced and we have the worst E3 ever lol

EGOMON

Wow too many games are being announced before E3 why not just wait less than 2 weeks for the big stage announcement for maximum exposure

Ixion

Wow too many games are being announced before E3 why not just wait less than 2 weeks for the big stage announcement for maximum exposure

I'm sure the thinking is that these announcements actually get more exposure when they're not lost among all the hundreds of other E3 announcements.

In the case of UC, its a collection, so good to get some pre-conference press out, doesn't need much more than a quick trailer which feeds into more UC4 gameplay.

Various things being teased, just doing it to get people interested and perhaps make a few people be like "that looks kind of cool". I wasn't interested in Battleborn but somewhat am now

Elfstruck

1 and a half weeks left.

So now that Fallout 4 has been announced and Uncharted collection, what can we expect?

Ubisoft: At least 1 announcement, but their recent press conference announcement says to expect surprises, so more than one.
EA: Shinobi says to expect 3 brand new announcements at EA's conference including a new IP. I also expect Mass Effect to be among them.
Sony: Verendus says to expect 3 first-party announcements that will get people talking and since the Uncharted collection has been announced, I'll assume that's not one of them.
Microsoft: There's always a few announcements. I'd expect at least 2 and possibly more including Gears and Rare's new project.
Bethesda: There should be a couple of announcements there including a Dishonored: DE one.
Square-Enix: They've already said they will make announcements, plus they have one with IGN.

Sony: Horizon, Bend's new game is a guaranteed if Scott Rhode's tweet was any kind of indication, and TLG.

MS: Gears 4, Rare new games, Gears collection, Twisted Pixel new game.

Nintendo: Metroid prime, enough said :p

If Fallout 4 of all things can get a hate train, nothing is safe.

lol The UC Collection hate train is getting crazy in the other thread.

Yeah its getting kinda crazy... People are complanining more and more and its getting really frustrating. If it's not a good value for you dont buy it, but dont spoil the fun for those that are enjoying the announcement. It's good to be demanding but just vote with your wallet instead of complaining like a 12 year old. I can already see the reactions after E3: 'wait, is that all they are revealing LOLOLOL. Looks like shit. should have saved it for E3, why did they show it earlier!?. Etc '

:(

Lemondish

Yeah its getting kinda crazy... People are complanining more and more and its getting really frustrating. If it's not a good value for you dont buy it, but dont spoil the fun for those that are enjoying the announcement. It's good to be demanding but just vote with your wallet instead of complaining like a 12 year old. I can already see the reactions after E3: 'wait, is that all they are revealing LOLOLOL. Looks like shit. should have saved it for E3, why did they show it earlier!?. Etc '

My thoughts exactly.

When did this place turn into the whiny bitch of gaming communities?

Elfstruck

Yep, thats Gaf for you. There will always be people who love to complain or nitpick about everything. I cant wait to see all the complaints after E3, even if Sony or MS have a good conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom