• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if we would get games that bring that ps1 and ps2 feel back. Many games/ip:s from ps 1 and ps2 era would get me excited. Now I just wait for Gran Turismo 7.

Don't forget that there were plenty of gems on the original Xbox, SNES, N64 and GameCube that have been dormant for the past few generations. I think if some of the more established developers and publishers reached into their IP back catalog it would make a lot of gamers happy.

Leko04

Banned
Don't forget that there were plenty of gems on the original Xbox, SNES, N64 and GameCube that have been dormant for the past few generations. I think if some of the more established developers and publishers reached into their IP back catalog it would make a lot of gamers happy.

I wrote era, did I not ;)
I did game in c64 and nes era too but it was ps1 that seduced me.

Bousf

IF we get Persona 5 this holiday season, I will have a hard time managing between DQH, Disgaea 5 and Persona 5 xD

Not looking bright for Europe though....I feel like they are pushing for a NA release this year, but if they are localising it to Multi-5, there is no way Europe is getting it this year. I personally prefer getting it this year, gonna play it in English anyway.

Crystal Dynamics just posted their E3 Plans

Xbox E3 2015 Briefing: Monday, June 15, 9:30 A.M. PT

Tune in to see a first look at gameplay from Rise of the Tomb Raider during the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing. Stream it via Xbox.com or on the Xbox Live Events Player, on Xbox One or Xbox 360 consoles globally. You can also watch on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

Xbox Daily - Live @E3: Tuesday, June 16, 4:00 P.M. PT

Rise of the Tomb Raider will get some Xbox Daily – Live @ E3 airtime on Tuesday, also streamed live on Xbox One, on Xbox.com (both on your desktop and on mobile), and on Xbox 360.
Square Enix Press Conference: Tuesday, June 16, 10 A.M. PST

Check in on CrystalD at the Square Enix Press Conference on Wednesday morning. Watch on Twitch or YouTube.
Square Enix Presents

We’re holding 30-minute Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft: Relic Run, and Tomb Raider community interviews during Square Enix’s annual show-floor production. Tweet us for a chance to ask your questions direct to the developers. Watch on Twitch or YouTube.

So probably MS = Gameplay, Xbox Daily = Gameplay, Square Conference = Trailer

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/120787097890/crystal-dynamics-e3-2015-for-gaming-fans-june

Ray Down

Banned
IF we get Persona 5 this holiday season, I will have a hard time managing between DQH, Disgaea 5 and Persona 5 xD

Not looking bright for Europe though....I feel like they are pushing for a NA release this year, but if they are localising it to Multi-5, there is no way Europe is getting it this year. I personally prefer getting it this year, gonna play it in English anyway.

You could always import, bless no region lock.

There are a lot of potentially good games this year though. Halo, Tomb Raider, Batman, MGSV, Xenoblade are all games I'm really interested in. Persona 5 too, although that's a first for me, so I'll see if that resonates or not. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy at least half of these a lot. Definitely a much better year than the past couple for me.

You forgot Fallout 4 hhhehehe

The God

my predictions

Sony:

- New 1TB PS4 model announced w/ price cut off the 500GB model

- Gorgeous Uncharted 4 set-piece demo

- Level-5 game revealed

- New gameplay and character reveals for Street Fighter V. Beta date announced.

- Montages of some of the smaller games (Rime, WiLD, The Tomorrow Children, etc) with release dates

- Beyond: Two Souls PS4 port announced + announcement of Quantic Dreams new game

- Ratchet & Clank movie/gameplay mashup trailer

- "Horizon" announced with cinematic/gameplay mixed trailer

- 3rd parties: Battlefront demo, bundle + early beta access. Black Ops 3 demo + marketing deal announced. MGSV, Destiny, Mad Max, final push for Arkham Knight

- Bloodborne DLC trailer

- The Last Guardian re-revealed (srs)

- Sony Bend game announced

- Driveclub PS+ edition and FF7 port are made available during the conference

- Project Morpheus segment with the announcement of Media Molecule's new game

- Announcement of digital revivals of classic PS IPs

Microsoft:

- New Xbox One 1TB model announced

- Also gorgeous looking Tomb Raider demo

- Gears of War 1 remaster officially announced + Gears 4 tease

- Halo 5 single player demo

- Forza 6 demo

- amazing Scalebound demo

- No word on Phantom Dust

- Crackdown is absent

- Rare's new game finally revealed

- Games announced that won't be coming for a while (2017)

- More Quantum Break

- Presence of Microsoft's smaller games (Below, Inside, Cuphead)

- Fable Legends open beta announced + release date

- 3rd parties: announcement of Fallout 4 marketing deal, timed exclusive DLC + bundle. Trailers for Rock Band 4 and The Division.

- Preview of Windows 10 on Xbox One

EA/Bethesda/Ubisoft/Square Enix:

- Assassin's Creed Syndicate demo

- Lengthy Fallout 4 demo + release date

- Splinter Cell returns

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided demo

- Hitman 6 revealed

- Yearly stuff shown off (FIFA, Madden, NBA Live, etc)

- The Division shown off for the third time, exclusive Xbox One beta announced

- DOOM 4 shown off

- Dishonored 2 and Dishonored: Definitive Edition announced

- More Star Wars: Battlefront

- A proper reveal of Mass Effect 4

- FFXII HD and Kingdom Hearts collection announced exclusively for PS4

- Small Kingdom Hearts 3 presence

- New Need For Speed shown

- New console RPG from Square announced

- more from Rainbow Six: Siege

- Announcement of another Far Cry spinoff like Blood Dragon for Far Cry 4.

- New "Hero" IP from Ubisoft

- Watch Dogs 2 teased

klaushm

Its SFV. Probably showcasing it on PS4.

That's what I want to know. It is listed as a PS4 only and without PC. All other games were listed in each platform they will be developed, not showcase.

That must be a typo, but I belive not.

That's why I'm asking Verendus :/
Edit: And now asking Ono. Just like to embarrass myself.

Saladinoo

Guys, as I live in the UK and will almost certainly not be awake when E3 kicks off, is there a good place for me to watch the Sony Keynote, and then look at all the news and announcements in the order that they actually happened at E3? e.g. does IGN have a live update stream or something that I can start at the beginning of?

(I know it's lame, but I kind of want to feel like I've done it in order and prolong it rather than just see all the big headlines straight away).

Guys, as I live in the UK and will almost certainly not be awake when E3 kicks off, is there a good place for me to watch the Sony Keynote, and then look at all the news and announcements in the order that they actually happened at E3? e.g. does IGN have a live update stream or something that I can start at the beginning of?

(I know it's lame, but I kind of want to feel like I've done it in order and prolong it rather than just see all the big headlines straight away).

You won't be awake at 5pm for the Microsoft show? :p

Yeah, keep an eye out for the spoiler-free thread and just bookmark that. You'll be able to watch the archives of the conferences that way.

iMax

Dude, stay up! You can do it! 5pm 'til 4am :)

TomShoe

Banned
The majority of E3 conferences being on Monday and Tuesday sucks. I'll be in class all day both of those days. Might have to ask for a self-ban to avoid getting spoiled, since I'll only be watching Bethesda, Sony, & PC conferences live.

GamerJM

Banned
My predictions for the JRPGs

JRPG1 is Dragon Quest XI developed by Level-5
JRPG2 is a CyberConnect2 game. Maybe a new .hack game or a new IP.
JRPG3 is Suikoden VI.
JRPG4 is an internally-developed first-party new IP JRPG.
JRPG5 is Persona 6.

Elfstruck

The majority of E3 conferences being on Monday and Tuesday sucks. I'll be in class all day both of those days. Might have to ask for a self-ban to avoid getting spoiled, since I'll only be watching Bethesda, Sony, & PC conferences live.

This year E3 is right after my commencement, so I can watch all of it without worrying about anything :p

Well, I did really like 3D World, GTAV, and The Order. It's not too bad in that sense. Good old Rockstar. Not just saving the previous generation, but helping save the current one too.

There are a lot of potentially good games this year though. Halo, Tomb Raider, Batman, MGSV, Xenoblade are all games I'm really interested in. Persona 5 too, although that's a first for me, so I'll see if that resonates or not. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy at least half of these a lot. Definitely a much better year than the past couple for me.

If all the games I'm interested in deliver, then this will be a great year. I tend to go into everything with very low expectations now, so it's not like I'm hard to please.

So, is there like any possibility whatsoever that we could get something along the lines of the Eurogamer reported PS1/PS2 local support with HD rendering on PS4 that Sony was supposedly working on?

Is that still on the table or did it not work out or did it never really exist?

Elfstruck

JRPG3 is Suikoden VI.
JRPG5 is Persona 6.

#6 is wrong. It will be first party.

Chobel

As usual, there will be non-spoiler thread. All you need to do is to bookmark that thread and read it later.

JRPG3 is Suikoden VI.
JRPG5 is Persona 6.

I think you're dead on with one being Persona 6. I'm sure Persona Team's planning team is starting work on the next game.

Suikoden 6 isn't happening on PS4. It never will unless it's mobile. Konami is a shell of what it used to be.

I think you're dead on with one being Persona 6. I'm sure Persona Team's planning team is starting work on the next game.

I'd be surprised if they're thinking of anything other than P5 at this point. Every time they talk about it they apologize to fans for how long they've had to wait for it. So I think all of their attention is on it and nothing else.

GamerJM

Banned
#6 is wrong. It will be first party.

What if it's Sony publishing?

Suikoden 6 isn't happening on PS4. It never will unless it's mobile. Konami is a shell of what it used to be.

Verendus teased it. Though with all of the crap going on with Konami I do wondering how that affects this.

klaushm

JRPG3 is Suikoden VI.
JRPG5 is Persona 6.

As much as I would love it, can't be .hack.
CC2 announced jobs for 3 new games less than 6 months ago with supposed .Hack common elements.

Said that, I will expect a new .hack in every conference they appear haha.

a916

You won't be awake at 5pm for the Microsoft show? :p

Yeah, keep an eye out for the spoiler-free thread and just bookmark that. You'll be able to watch the archives of the conferences that way.

When does that usually go up? I'll have to do that for Bethesda as I'll be going to the GOT event.

I think GG's Horizon alone will potentially our minds. I mean, just look at this beauty:

60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg

60ade0f3jw1eke6cw8t7bj21kw0oaqrc.jpg

60ade0f3jw1eke6j0zwa5j21kw149h8v.jpg

Elfstruck

What if it's Sony publishing?

Verendus teased it. Though with all of the crap going on with Konami I do wondering how that affects this.

Not likely. This title will be very significant just like #4, thats why I don't think its P6. Verendus once mentioned that Sony is putting all efforts to make one jrpg that will rival Final Fantasy. It is also a risky move so you wont probably see it until the end of this gen.

Verendus

Banned

JRPG3 is Suikoden VI.
JRPG5 is Persona 6.
All third party games in your list here except one. They have their publishers. Think about it, for these titles to be the JRPGs, it would mean Sony has to publish them. How likely do you think it is that Sony is publishing DQXI? Or Suikoden? Or something like Persona? Not to mention, I talked about the first two JRPG games before I became aware of us talking about Dragon Quest, so it definitely can't be that. Also, keep in mind, I already told people back in 2013 that Level-5 has a third party exclusive for PS4, but that has nothing to do with JRPG1 and JRPG2. CC2 is a good shout out, but why would Sony publish a new .hack game instead of BN, if they were making one?

And that's the end of that chapter. Let me just throw this scarf around my neck.

You forgot Fallout 4 hhhehehe
I've never played it, and I won't get to Fallout 4 for a very long time. Maybe late next year by the time I get through the other titles I have waiting.

LuuKyK

I thought for sure the Level-5 game (whatever it is) was one of the 5 JRPGs you hinted. If its not then I have no freaking idea what these games might be.

Elfstruck

All third party games in your list here except one. They have their publishers. Think about it, for these titles to be the JRPGs, it would mean Sony has to publish them. How likely do you think it is that Sony is publishing DQXI? Or Suikoden? Or something like Persona? Not to mention, I talked about the first two JRPG games before I became aware of us talking about Dragon Quest. Also, keep in mind, I already told people back in 2013 that Level-5 has a third party exclusive for PS4, but that has nothing to do with JRPG1 and JRPG2. CC2 is a good shout out, but why would Sony publish a new .hack game instead of BN, if they were making one?

Haha noice!

GamerJM

Banned
Not likely. This title will be very significant just like #4, thats why I don't think its P6. Verendus once mentioned that Sony is putting all efforts to make one jrpg that will rival Final Fantasy. It is also a risky move so you wont probably see it until the end of this gen.

This could all be Persona 6 though. Persona 4 (and 3 to a lesser extent) brought the series out of its JRPG niche, 5 will probably be even bigger. Sony could team up with Atlus to focus on making 6 into a big FF-tier title with major production values. Not coming out until the end of the gen makes sense since Persona 5 isn't even out yet. He also said that it's similar to something we already have iirc, which would fit Persona very well. It could also be mainline SMT or something.

Elfstruck

This could all be Persona 6 though. Persona 4 (and 3 to a lesser extent) brought the series out of its JRPG niche, 5 will probably be even bigger. Sony could team up with Atlus to focus on making 6 into a big FF-tier title with major production values. Not coming out until the end of the gen makes sense since Persona 5 isn't even out yet. He also said that it's similar to something we already have iirc, which would fit Persona very well. It could also be mainline SMT or something.

Read above.

GamerJM

Banned
All third party games in your list here except one. They have their publishers. Think about it, for these titles to be the JRPGs, it would mean Sony has to publish them. How likely do you think it is that Sony is publishing DQXI? Or Suikoden? Or something like Persona? Not to mention, I talked about the first two JRPG games before I became aware of us talking about Dragon Quest, so it definitely can't be that. Also, keep in mind, I already told people back in 2013 that Level-5 has a third party exclusive for PS4, but that has nothing to do with JRPG1 and JRPG2. CC2 is a good shout out, but why would Sony publish a new .hack game instead of BN, if they were making one?

And that's the end of that chapter. Let me just throw this scarf around my neck.

adventure-time-horse.jpg

Read above.

Yeah I wrote that before I saw his post.

Ray Down

Banned
Any chance Sony was able to convince Sakaguchi to jump in for another epic JRPG production? Mistwalker / SCEJ production?

Don't know, he has gone on the record he didn't like developing for PS.

Although that was during the Krazy Ken times and it was hard to develop for.

Don't know, he has gone on the record he didn't like developing for PS.

Although that was during the Krazy Ken times and it was hard to develop for.

Didn't he just outright dislike Ken Kutaragi? That's why for many years he wouldn't go near the Playstation brand. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Seems like he's more open to developing for Sony platforms these days though, so that's good.

klaushm

Wrong... It CAN be .Hack.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/18/hack-makers-know-fans-want-a-new-game/

I do agree with that I don't think it'll be at E3 though. Maybe TGS?

They just acknowledged it, right? No confirmation through :/

This game has been in development since 2010. There isn't a chance in hell that it's going to be F2P.

Yup. Not a chance at all. Just joking as how it can be ruined :p

I've never played it, and I won't get to Fallout 4 for a very long time. Maybe late next year by the time I get through the other titles I have waiting.

What is BN?

DJIzana

Any chance of a Borderlands 3 or BioShock sequel/remaster announcement? :p

If they were to do that, I could only see it happening for a new FF or Chrono. Couldn't see it for much else.

They just acknowledged it, right? No confirmation through :/

This is true but why acknowledge something like that with 3 large scale titles in development? Seems like at least ONE of them would be relating to .Hack. Though it's as good of a chance that it isn't either... I dunno. I think we'll see a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom