• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their next game is going to be very interesting as it'll be the first project from them that isn't solely written by Cage. Although I understand the reasoning he gave for why he's always written and directed their games.

Cage's writing doesn't bother me as much as some people. After all, I liked Fahrenheit and loved Heavy Rain, but Beyond had bigger problems than a shoddy script.

We'll see. If their new game is based on that Kara tech demo in anyway then I'll likely, maybe even begrudgingly, be on board.

He's right you know. #TeamJaffe

I think all of these tweets could mean PS classics coming to PS4 than anything else. Sure we know GT7 is coming eventually, but this many games referenced leads me to believe it's the former unless I've missed something.

Edit: or they're just hyping the show

Back to GT7. If most "in the know" believe it isn't going to be at E3 (Amar, GTPlanet mods etc) Why don't Sony just come out and say it won't be there?

Other devs have put out statements when a game has been rumoured to be there when it isn't.

grasping-at-straws.jpg

Korigama

There is exactly one first-party JRPG that Sony could announce that would fit "something that should appeal to fans" that I could also picture being saved for an E3 announcement specifically, something that Shuhei Yoshida produced himself in the past which they are well aware that players in the West have wanted more of for more than a decade now. Yet, I'd see something like that as too good to be true, so I have no reason to still believe it would ever happen.

I don't see how anyone could really argue against what he's saying. Just look at the Project Beast leak. If that didn't happen imagine what the E3 reaction would've been like when Yoshida said "Welcome to the world of Bloodborne" and then this popped up on screen

miyaz5sui3.png

B.O.O.M

I think Verendus and a few other insiders do the whole hint thing correctly. They give enough for the fans to be excited while not giving too much info that it jeopardizes plans by devs and pubs like with a full blown leak

iosefe

I think Verendus and a few other insiders do the whole hint thing correctly. They give enough for the fans to be excited while not giving too much info that it jeopardizes plans by devs and pubs like with a full blown leak

kudos to Verendus's methods

time to hang up the helmet until next year. we've gotten all we needed

Rajang

daaaayummn.

I agree. I like hints and teases.

Salex_

Gotta love Jaffe.
Speaking of him, i hope they're announcing a date for Drawn to Death or a beta. Should be a fun multiplayer game.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it after reading the impressions from people who played it and seeing how they added some color.

For those interested:

In-depth gameplay impressions by The Xtortionist at PSX
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142146130&postcount=248

Screenshots from 3 months ago
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013950&highlight=drawn+to+death

Coxy

How likely do you think it is that Sony is publishing Suikoden?

More likely than I think Konami making one is? :p
Konami themselves said they have no ability to make RPGs anymore so Sony would probably not only have to fund the development but develop it themselves or find someone to develop it

Capella

I really do miss having actual surprises at E3. Hearing new game announcements early is exciting but it really spoils the conferences. I hope things stay quiet until E3 but if they don't, I hope they aren't big leaks like the ntkrnl leaks or Project Beast.

Servbot24

Banned
I really do miss having actual surprises at E3. Hearing new game announcements early is exciting but it really spoils the conferences. I hope things stay quiet until E3 but if they don't, I hope they aren't big leaks like the ntkrnl leaks or Project Beast.

Well we already got DaS3... thankfully we don't know what it looks like though, so not as bad.

I feel like next week is going to be insane. We have supposed leaks on the way. I'm sure more of the notorious E3 lists will come out as well.

When will we get our bingo cards ready?

I want to see the person that thinks ME4 will be a timed exclusive.

mrqs

That was harsh.

aqQBhe7.png

//
t3ldyhH.png

//
9gqBtFW.png

//
u0gVEcP.png

And totally true. We're all so excited that we want to know those things, but we shouldn't. The surprises worth it.

LuuKyK

Why is he having a meltdown though? I agree with him but nothing particularly big leaked this year right? Or maybe he knows that something will leak eventually? Maybe just speaking in general? Seems random to me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
hopefully if qd is there cage lets somebody else handle the writing. that being said, as others have mentioned, writing was far from the only issue with beyond... that being said the narrative was so ridiculously inconsistent and disjointed, it didnt matter what kind of performances ellen and willem brought to the table. hopefully it doesn't discourage actors from giving it a shot.

Welfare

Are they allowed to lea this? Like did they know about it and say "fuck it" or was there someone working on the game that was like "Im goin to give these two peopl on the internet a heads up before anyone else!"

legit curious

The Know is the news section of Rooster Teeth, and they are supposed to be hosting E3 with Youtube and will be with Geoff Keighley on the 14th.

They should stop :/

GamerJM

Banned
More likely than I think Konami making one is? :p
Konami themselves said they have no ability to make RPGs anymore so Sony would probably not only have to fund the development but develop it themselves or find someone to develop it

I realize that Verendus' questions were rhetorical, but just to explain what my thought process for those games were, I thought of Suikoden and possibly .hack as Bayonetta 2-esque games where Sony had to step in to save them. Dragon Quest XI made sense for co-publishing since SE doesn't seem to be very confident about the series in the west given all the recent titles that aren't getting localized. Nintendo co-published DQ9 and Sony had experience co-publishing with SE in the PS1 days. I explained my logic for Persona 6 earlier, where Sony would step in to help foot the bill for marketing and production in an effort for Persona to reach Final Fantasy-levels of mainstream. I realize this was a lot of third-party stuff but Sony seems to be pretty focused on third-party relations so it made sense to me.

Of course, all of this is basically null and void now given his comments, since I don't think any of it will end up being true :x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom