• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Suikoden 3 will be a PS2 Classic just based on the EU rating it a few weeks ago.

The Tales of festival it today/tomorrow so we might have 2 PS4 Tales games announced. The new Tales of for PS4 and the PS4 version of Takes of Zestiria.

delSai

Oh man, leaks are incoming? :( Why isn't there a "E3 Leak" thread where all this stuff can get posted so the people who don't want to read any of it can stay spoiler free and get surprised?

FelipeMGM

So we are getting an open-world South Park announcement?

Also, Tamaki posts in this thread.

I think the South Park game is one of the cancelled games that he usually talks in his shows.

Also looks like that Dark Souls 3 stuff might be legit, but I still dont fully believe those guys after the Sillent Hills bullshit

The God

Oh man, leaks are incoming? :( Why isn't there a "E3 Leak" thread where all this stuff can get posted so the people who don't want to read any of it can stay spoiler free and get surprised?

it's likely you would've found out about it before E3 anyway.

LuuKyK

I am glad that the only thing leaking so far is dark souls since I couldnt care less about these games. I would be mad if I was fan, it would be a great surprise hadnt it leaked.

Because this is an enthusiast gaming forum with 150k members, how would this even work? Unfortunately, turning off your internet would be the only safe option, under the assumption that you don't have gaming friends.

Lucky for me, the leaks and early announcements so far aren't things I care about...

Canon

Banned
I got an email from Nintendo asking if I want to go to E3 with a 3-day free pass, but I live nowhere close to Los Angeles. I wonder if I can give that pass away if I say they are part of my channel and will cover it (I don't expect anyone to work hard, just 1 video or something lol).

Anyone know if this is possible, and if so, does anyone want it if this is possible?

delSai

Because this is an enthusiast gaming forum with 150k members, how would this even work? Unfortunately, turning off your internet would be the only safe option, under the assumption that you don't have gaming friends.

Lucky for me, the leaks and early announcements so far aren't things I care about...

Yeah i guess once the news is out people would just make 10 threads and a leak thread would be useless. Still sucks tho.

Seriously, most of the major leaks happens from mistakes made by the publishers themselves. Look at SFV last year, with that accidental youtube upload by a Capcom empolyee and Sony yesterday with the earlier than planned store update for Uncharted Drakes Collection. The first confirmation of Last of Us remastered was a slip from a Sony executive in Turkey.
I think David Jaffe should save some of his ire for the ham fisted marketing departments of game companies. Besides NTKRL last year I can't think of many outright / blatant (as in not hinted or teased) leaks that have emanated from any insiders.
So Shinobi, Verendus et al, keep on giving us those hints and teases and don't get dissuaded by this guy. Just keep on doing it the right way without laying out everything on the table and everyone will be happy.

I don't know how else to go about this but I'm putting an invitation to the Playstation press conference, Monday June 15th, on the table to the first person who PMs me who can 100% attend the event. The passes are transferable so it would not take more than a few minutes to get the information and RSVP to whoever: 1. PM's me first 2. Can provide even the slightest proof that you'll be able to attend.

proof said:
X2moOSy.png

I won't be able to go due to personal obligations and would like to extend this opportunity to, again, someone who is ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT able to make it to the presser.

There's only one catch: I want you to have as much unadulterated fun as possible and post pics for the GAF community.

Bousf

He totally fits the "fame wh**e" kind of "insider". He doesn't prioritise everyone's excitement or respects the devs, he's just like "look at me, I know things you don't, I'm spilling the beans, put your eyes on meeee!!".

All the ugh. I bet Jaffe ranted because of him.

Dragging out whatever information he has this whole week has been extremely irritating. Does he think he's building hype or generating any goodwill by dragging this out?

This isn't teasing. This isn't fun. This is stupid.

2thepoint

Since we're only a week and a bit away from E3, why doesn't he just shut the fuck up instead and stop gloating about what he 'knows'?

I was excited about hearing some leaks, but that guy can fuck off.

Idiot won't say, just basically gloating and trying to profiteer with his crap podcast.

Since we're only a week and a bit away from E3, why doesn't he just shut the fuck up instead and stop gloating about what he 'knows'?

I hate people that do this. Talking constantly about what they know, for the attention, without actually disclosing what they know. Why say anything if all you're going to do is tease.

Manoko

I don't know how else to go about this but I'm putting an invitation to the Playstation press conference, Monday June 15th, on the table to the first person who PMs me who can 100% attend the event. The passes are transferable so it would not take more than a few minutes to get the information and RSVP to whoever: 1. PM's me first 2. Can provide even the slightest proof that you'll be able to attend.

I won't be able to go due to personal obligations and would like to extend this opportunity to, again, someone who is ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT able to make it to the presser.

There's only one catch: I want you to have as much unadulterated fun as possible and post pics for the GAF community.

Oh man... I would love to go... But I live near Paris.
Awesome of you to do that though, really. :)

Corpsepyre

Banned
OT, but just learned that Tim Moss, the director of technology, and senior programmer, has left Sony Santa Monica after 16 years. How big of a loss is this? He was always really cool in the BTS videos.

To be fair, there have been entire E3s in the past that a new Fallout and Dark Souls would beat on their own, so as quiet as it has been...

I'm starting to think this will be remembered as one of the better E3s.

Boke1879

To be fair, there have been entire E3s in the past that a new Fallout and Dark Souls would beat on their own, so as quiet as it has been...

I'm starting to think this will be remembered as one of the better E3s.

This is what I'm thinking anyway. We already got Fallout 4, UC collection with UC4 beta and then the most recent leak.

Given what we know about E3 already it's going to be good. Overall this is going to be a great event. MGSV trailer, Battlefront gameplay...I'm so hype.

I hate people that do this. Talking constantly about what they know, for the attention, without actually disclosing what they know. Why say anything if all you're going to do is tease.

The thing of it is so close to the event it just makes him seem like more of a douchebag, if he actually leaked what he knew, when he knew it, I would give him more of a pass, but now he just comes off as annoying as all hell.

Oh man... I would love to go... But I live near Paris.
Awesome of you to do that though, really. :)

Well it was either something like this or let the pass go to waste. I'm glad it went to a person who will undoubtedly enjoy the presser and has been trying to get an RSVP for some time.

Still a shame I can't make it as it will definitely be one of the better E3s in recent years

I recently watched the entire 2009 sony conference after people here kept on mentioning how it was Sony's best e3 ever. I wasn't disappointed. Wish I was had watched it at the time. Must have been 10x better for those people who watched it live.
Dat Last Guardian, Agent and FFversus combo.

edit: I think I must have mixed up two different e3's together lol..but going from the games listed from posters, it really was something.

Verendus posting Prince of Persia is reminding me of CBOAT teasing it for E3 2013, not ready to get my hopes up again.

Still hurts that we never got a proper follow-up to POP 08 but I'll settle for the rumored UbiArt game.

I recently watched the entire 2009 sony conference after people here kept on mentioning how it was Sony's best e3 ever. I wasn't disappointed. Wish I was had watched it at the time. Must have been 10x better for those people who watched it live.

Uncharted 2 demo floored everyone. The moment the building started collapsing at the end of the demo, jaws dropped. The reactions were amazing.

Versus wasn't there. It was just XIII and XIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom