• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

Neither is Street Fighter...

If TR were to go full console exclusive it would be no different than the SF deal.
Sony is funding the game? So is Microsoft.
I don't understand what the outrage is.
We are 100% sure that MS is not funding TR2, it's a moneyhat.
I also think SFV is moneyhat

Uhh.. what?
The franchise was practically dead until Microsoft stepped in and funded the game.
Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-Harder-On-Futurama.gif

Boke1879

Uhh.. what?
The franchise was practically dead until Microsoft stepped in and funded the game.

You mean a game that was already being developed for current gen consoles and PC? That only became exclusive when MS threw some money at them?

Come one man. The fact that this is a timed exclusive tells you that the game was far from being "dead" at any point.

DToneli

Neo Member
How awesome would that be:
Sony
"We have one last thing for today"
"Something you all have been waiting for a long time!"
"It's something HUGE!"
Crowd goes:
"OMG It's The Last Guardian, Gaf is gonna explode"
Sony
"After all these years.... You'll be able to change your PSN ID"

And rage will take over

How awesome would that be:
Sony
"We have one last thing for today"
"Something you all have been waiting for a long time!"
"It's something HUGE!"
Crowd goes:
"OMG It's The Last Guardian, Gaf is gonna explode"
Sony
"After all these years.... You'll be able to change your PSN ID"

I'd love it. I hate mine.

Uhh.. what?
Explain.

TR remaster and TR 2013 sold really well. In fact they actually sold more on Playstation than any other platform. RoTTR was announced at E3 and available to pre-order on all platforms. This is not a franchise or game that was ever in trouble. I hope you're joking, otherwise do some research, apply said research to your theory and then think logically before posting nonsense.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they only announced one or two dedicated titles for Morpeus and then spent only a few minutes actually talking about the hardware. I think the Morpheus stuff could be scattered throughout the show. Like after a game is announced, just mention that it will support Morpheus when it launches next year.

I think you start announcing games for it at E3, but don't dedicate a huge chunk of their biggest press conference of the year to talking about it. I'd save that for PGW and PSX.

I could see this, slipping in Morpheus compatibility announcements to several titles as they go.

schaft0620

I didn't really expect it to come out this year anyways. They can take as long as they want, it's the lack of information that bothers me. What the fuck do you actually do in this game. If I see one more scripted trailer of the MC slowly walking around various worlds to new age space acoustics, I swear I'm going to lose it.

They've made it pretty clear what you do in the game, you just have to look for the info

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/18/world-without-end-raffi-khatchadourian

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/what-a-dragons-mating-scream-sounds-like

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/2ewhfp/all_confirmed_no_mans_sky_features

Ishan

I wish we had stats on the numbers of bans etc ... I would love to know how things like e3and the resulting meltdowns result in lots of bans

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not sure if the right thread but anyway:

Anyone good with Photoshop who can help me with the Sony banners? Just drop me a PM and I'll give some instructions. :)

so on episode 65: PRE-THREE!!!! of the Spawn On Me podcast, the one guest (forgot his name but is in the industry on the journalism side) talked about how EA will show a NEW ip that will be shown with a trailer at the EA press conference and able to played or demoed at the convention (he already saw and played it presumably at judges week). he also went on to say NO Titan Fall sequel news at this e3.

just figured it post this info in here.

EDIT: the guest on the show said the ONLY Ubisoft game youll play this year is Assassins Creed Syndicate and ALL other AAA Ubisoft games will miss their release windows and get pushed back, even the Division for early next year. he said dont believe what Ubisoft says at their press conference. NO Beyond Good and Evil 2, as far as he knows.

wachie

so on episode 65: PRE-THREE!!!! of the Spawn On Me podcast, the one guest (forgot his name but is in the industry on the journalism side) talked about how EA will show a NEW ip that will be shown with a trailer at the EA press conference and able to played or demoed at the convention (he already saw and played it presumably at judges week). he also went on to say NO Titan Fall sequel news at this e3.

Wouldnt Battlefront technically be a "new IP"?

Volotaire

Does this include Criterion's new IP or Bioware's new IP from last year?

Meelapo

Neo Member
Does anyone have a list (or number) of games that were announced at an E3 and came out that same year VS games that were announced but came out the following year (s)?

wachie

no, this is a NEW IP, hasnt been show publicly and was previewed at Judges Week. sounds like it wasnt a sequel to any past EA franchises either. and he sounded enthusiastic about it being "different" for EA.
So it's an UNANNOUNCED new IP. And something "different" from EA.

That makes it more interesting.

So it's an UNANNOUNCED new IP. And something "different" from EA.

That makes it more interesting.

yup . i also edited my post to contain the info the guest said about Ubisoft. basically only game that Ubi releases this year is AC Syndicate, all other Ubi title miss their release dates and even far off games like the Division will continue to be pushed back. basically dont believe what Ubi says about when games are releasing accept AC. Division is likely holiday 2017, and he was serious.

wachie

yup . i also edited my post to contain the info the guest said about Ubisoft. basically only game that Ubi releases this year is AC Syndicate, all other Ubi title miss their release dates and even far off games like the Division will continue to be pushed back. basically dont believe what Ubi says about when games are releasing accept AC. Division is likely holiday 2017, and he was serious.
Damn, holiday 2017, that's like 2.5 years from now. If true that means game it would be "in development for 5+ years".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom