• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

yup . i also edited my post to contain the info the guest said about Ubisoft. basically only game that Ubi releases this year is AC Syndicate, all other Ubi title miss their release dates and even far off games like the Division will continue to be pushed back. basically dont believe what Ubi says about when games are releasing accept AC. Division is likely holiday 2017, and he was serious.

Did he say anything about Rainbow Six Siege? It's dated for October 13, 2015. So I don't see it getting delayed.

EDIT: "Division is likely holiday 2017"? That doesn't sound plausible at all, unless they rebooted the whole thing.

Damn, holiday 2017, that's like 2.5 years from now. If true that means game it would be "in development for 5+ years".

yea but given how little we've seen it and how it keeps only showing up for e3, i wouldnt be surprised.

Did he say anything about Rainbow Six Siege? It's dated for October 13, 2015. So I don't see it getting delayed.

he said he doesnt see it staying a 2015 title and itll probably be pushed back after other AAA games get firm release dates.

I think the problem with No Man's Sky is that we know what it is but people don't want to accept it. What do you do in the game? You explore. You travel from planet to planet discovering new unique locations and species. You are hopefully going to have fun non-scripted moments like you do in open world games like Skyrim. You can upgrade your ship, there is some sort of vague resource system, as well as a kind of "shades of gray" faction system. To me at least, the game feels a lot more like Journey than something like Elite Dangerous. I think we all need to check our expectations of the game or else there is going to be a lot of disappointed people when NMS isn't what you want it to be. You ever wonder why Star Citizen got so much money? Because people want that planetary travel, do everything, see everything, dog fighting with friends in your tricked out spaceship experience. And on first impressions No Man's Sky looks like it could be that, but it isn't. It's definitely seems like they are being vague about the game concepts, like they want us to go in blind and discover this really in-depth hidden feature, but whatever that is, I really doubt it's going to answer: "what do you do in NMS?". If you don't like what you've seen at this point maybe it isn't for you.

yup . i also edited my post to contain the info the guest said about Ubisoft. basically only game that Ubi releases this year is AC Syndicate, all other Ubi title miss their release dates and even far off games like the Division will continue to be pushed back. basically dont believe what Ubi says about when games are releasing accept AC. Division is likely holiday 2017, and he was serious.

That would be pretty damn bad for Ubisoft.

Tagg9

Sounds like BS to me. The Division is already being beta tested.

blakep267

EDIT: "Division is likely holiday 2017"? That doesn't sound plausible at all, unless they rebooted the whole thing.

yeah I mean, that sounds kinda implausible. 2.5 years is almost like starting today from scratch on it

Chobel

yea but given how little we've seen it and how it keeps only showing up for e3, i wouldnt be surprised.

he said he doesnt see it staying a 2015 title and itll probably be pushed back after other AAA games get firm release dates.

That would make whole a lot of sense, because I think it's positioned poorly.

blakep267

That would make whole a lot of sense, because I think it's positioned poorly.

I mean besides early October, the only really other time would be next summer, because I don't see it fairing any better in the spring 2016. So its probably best to just hope it gets a foothold before the other big shooters come out this fall

Chobel

I mean besides early October, the only really other time would be next summer, because I don't see it fairing any better in the spring 2016. So its probably best to just hope it gets a foothold before the other big shooters come out this fall

The thing is this fall it's competing with 3 big FPS shooters (on console), and they need sell big before these FPS games get released. However early next year while also packed, Siege is probably the only FPS game in the bunch, so it has higher chance to shine.

Welfare

Unless something drastic recently happened, Division should still be a Q1 2016 title.

division_zpshsv9j4xx.png

GnawtyDog

Banned
Unless something drastic recently happened, Division should still be a Q1 2016 title.

I think a September release would do the game really well (same spot as MGSV) - unless Destiny 2 hits in that time-frame. If so, then it gotta be March or May (ala Witcher 3). Uncharted 4 will mess up everything in the Spring. I don't think any third-party game besides Xbox/Nintendo exclusives want to be near that game for a good solid month.

Boke1879

Gonna head to bed guys. Tomorrow is Thursday. We're getting very close now. Wonder if we'll get anymore gameplay vids and tomorrow is NPD day. Should be fun on Gaf.

Hoje0308

Banned
Aw, I was hoping for something more substantial. Like a literal "Whoever is wrong about this has to suck the other guy's dick" bet.

I like how you're disappointed that the banter didn't get dark enough. Really, I like that and I think I like you.

Edit: Tomorrow is NPD? Eh, zero fucks given. DOOM and Fallout 4 on Sunday, that's all I'm thinking about. And then the madness really begins, what with Catbirds singing and dicks getting sucked. Allegedly.

I like how you're disappointed that the banter didn't get dark enough. Really, I like that and I think I like you.

Frankly, I don't even know what I expected. But it did involve an honest-to-god blowjob between strangers on the internet.

I have a question. Who's hosting that pc gaming show or whatever? Like which company specifically?

AMD & PC Gamer. A handful of companies are going to present.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
How i miss the Who quoted me....

So far i applied a few more countermeasures to prevent outages.

I'm in the process to optimice a little more the servers.

And yes i want TLG to be released and GAF servers hold.

:)

GnawtyDog

Banned
no, this is a NEW IP, hasnt been show publicly and was previewed at Judges Week. sounds like it wasnt a sequel to any past EA franchises either. and he sounded enthusiastic about it being "different" for EA.

I have EA at #2 most anticipated conference and I abhor them for their practices. All I've been hearing sounds good on the announcement front.

Greatly appreciated work. Forums going down kills the hype of the moment.

klaushm

All that is missing in this thread...

candy-rose-petals.jpg

Bed?
Make me think of dream, and our dream is The Last Guardian.
The Last Guardian confirmed!
not

Such a lovely day.

Incredible. Good news tho. I want that too, but, don't belive that.
Especially after that The Guardian confirmation :p

I have EA at #2 most anticipated conference and I abhor them for their practices. All I've been hearing sounds good on the announcement front.

Greatly appreciated work. Forums going down kills the hype of the moment.

What if Gaf is a hype scouter and our hype is over 9000? by Jaden Smith
not

R&C looks exactly as good as I imagined it could on PS4. Insomniac done good.

Spring 2016 is going to be absolutely nuts. R&C, Uncharted 4 and Street Fighter V? Come on man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom