• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream tonight that Sony and Microsoft would announce a 3TB console, each at the price of $399, and that Sony would reveal their more advanced, reliable and fast network service as a 3.0 update for the PS4.
Yes I'm a psychic, or I have just played to much Psychonauts with clairvoyance...

Philippo

So what are people expecting for Level 5's Sony game? We know it's getting announced here.

New IP.
Another attempt af classic fantasy setting.
They tried with WKC which had a lot of cool concepts, but ended up limited by many factors (hardware for once) and churned out pretty mediocres games.

No NnK2, DC 3 or RG2 (although this i wouldn't mind).

A Man can dream of Sucker Punch making a Psi-Ops like game in an open world with compelling story or just buy Psi-Ops from midway or something? ;_;

been wanting that kind of game for a long time

McBryBry

So. Random question before I head to bed. Out of everything rumored right now, let's say it all is true. What has you bouncing off the walls the most?

I'm leaning towards TLG, but I mean I've been following since it was revealed when I was 13. 13!!!!

So. Random question before I head to bed. Out of everything rumored right now, let's say it all is true. What has you bouncing off the walls the most?

I'm leaning towards TLG, but I mean I've been following since it was revealed when I was 13. 13!!!!

Ff7 remake (lol) would make me the most excited, then TLG as close 2nd

viveks86

At this year’s E3, we’ll have our own conference for the first time after two years, where we’ll deliver to everyone the rich line-up of the Square Enix Group. What we’re going to show off at E3 is unprecedented in the history of Square Enix, with a strong line-up in which each can be considered a centerpiece. Since we plan to stream the conference live, it’ll be at night [in Japan], but please watch it!

please-be-excited-square-enix.jpg

Did anything "concrete" surface about Gravity Rush 2 ? Tweet, insider thing, anything ?! I would be so happy if they decide to show it. Just replayed a bit of the Vita game and realised again just how great it is. And the idea of the same artstyle+ps4 power ... *drool*

Did anything "concrete" surface about Gravity Rush 2 ? Tweet, insider thing, anything ?! I would be so happy if they decide to show it. Just replayed a bit of the Vita game and realised again just how great it is. And the idea of the same artstyle+ps4 power ... *drool*

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Info about a remaster of the first game leaked a while back and we still haven't even heard anything from Sony about that. They're being really tight-lipped on all things Gravity Rush for some reason.

It's pissing me off.

Onyar

For me the two most interesting conferences are being hold at late night for the CEST folks, so it will be so hard to choose between hype or work.

Spoo

Almost ashamed to say it, as there's so much that is getting announced and shown lately that just looks amazing and exciting, but I think at this point the game I'm most looking forward to seeing is Doom.

I'm terrified it's going to suck. In fact, I remember making a thread a long time ago pretty much suggesting that it is almost guaranteed to suck (though I'm not sure if that was before or after the reboot).

Got into playing the original again thanks to Brutal doom, and I'm just dying to have a game in that series that, like Wolfenstein the new order and the Old Blood, I can say "Yes, I'm proud to have this game on my hard drive."

Anyone else looking forward to seeing what everyone was gushing about at Quakecon?

Almost ashamed to say it, as there's so much that is getting announced and shown lately that just looks amazing and exciting, but I think at this point the game I'm most looking forward to seeing is Doom.

I'm terrified it's going to suck. In fact, I remember making a thread a long time ago pretty much suggesting that it is almost guaranteed to suck (though I'm not sure if that was before or after the reboot).

Got into playing the original again thanks to Brutal doom, and I'm just dying to have a game in that series that, like Wolfenstein the new order and the Old Blood, I can say "Yes, I'm proud to have this game on my hard drive."

Anyone else looking forward to seeing what everyone was gushing about at Quakecon?

I actually liked Doom 3 so I have some hype.

Spoo

I actually liked Doom 3 so I have some hype.

I liked Doom 3 too, but I expect a game that wants to have the name Doom and not Doom 4 to really follow suit in the likeness of what the original Doom set out to do: great technology mixed with great, frenetic, bloody, and as a side-effect scary game. Not a horror game, just scary in the same way the original game was.

I have a feeling id software can't reasonably do it. But I want to be proven wrong so, so bad.

iBlue

My short E3 predictions list for Nintendo

- Mother 3 ( its time, BELIEVE!)
- Star Fox
- New Metroid
- Retro Studios new game
- Smash Newcomer
- Animal Crossing

I am not including the obvious one like yoshi and xenoblade.

My short E3 predictions list for Nintendo

- Mother 3 ( its time, BELIEVE!)
- Star Fox
- New Metroid
- Retro Studios new game
- Smash Newcomer
- Animal Crossing

I am not including the obvious one like yoshi and xenoblade.

Probably the most realistic Nintendo predictions and I'd be more than happy with all of them. If Retro's new game is Donkey/Diddy Kong, fine, but I don't want that to impede a Metroid announcement either. So, hopefully we get both.

Also, what are the chances we'll get an FFXII HD Remaster announcement this E3? I'm guessing quite high, but still unsure. I need it.

iBlue

Probably the most realistic Nintendo predictions and I'd be more than happy with all of them. If Retro's new game is Donkey/Diddy Kong, fine, but I don't want that to impede a Metroid announcement either. So, hopefully we get both.

Also, what are the chances we'll get an FFXII HD Remaster announcement this E3? I'm guessing quite high, but still unsure. I need it.

Some might say that i am being unrealistic by putting Mother 3 there but from a business point of view its one of the cheapest things that nintendo could be working on. I think Metroid has big chances of appearing either on the Wii U/3DS they want people to be interested in their consoles and not ruin the momentum.

Spoo

Dooms gonna suck imo no carmack no Romero

There's only 4 things giving me hope.

1) They lost Carmack, but they got Tiago Sousa. That's a good trade, if you have to make it.

2) The Quakecon showing had a lot of positive reactions. I don't really remember anyone saying they didn't like what they saw.

3) They weren't afraid to can shit when they saw it. Takes a lot to be able to admit you're doing the wrong thing, and they did, and now that we've seen what they were planning to do they were absolutely right to make that call.

4) Supposedly it's based unofficially on Brutal doom -- a mod that really brings Doom back to life for me in a really awesome way. If it's true, than that's the kind of Doom I'm itching to see.

If none of those things are accurate, or don't reflect in some way what they're doing or have a major impact on the product, then, yeah, it will probably suck.

Some might say that i am being unrealistic by putting Mother 3 there but from a business point of view its one of the cheapest things that nintendo could be working on. I think Metroid has big chances of appearing either on the Wii U/3DS they want people to be interested in their consoles and not ruin the momentum.

Yeah I think at this point, with the fact the little amounts Wii U is selling being largely made up of what seems to be hardcore Nintendo fans, the best thing Nintendo can do is to pander to us to keep us sweet. We're more or less they're life line in the console space at the moment.

Things like Metroid and a Mother 3 would go a long way in keep us on the platform I'm sure, and they'd no doubt sell decently. Don't even need to be expensive, as you say.

farmerboy

Its Verendus thats gonna be dissapointed. I think there's only 3 people (including me) who pm'd him for his bet.. You guys are lame.

Anyway, why arent we talking about MediaMolecule?? If Sony is gonna have a big Morpheus focus, I'm pretty sure MM new game will be THE main killer game for morpheus. I really am hoping for something crazy and unique.

Looks like noone cares about MediaMolecule :(

I pm'd him. ALL IN BABY. I'M GOING ALL IN.

iBlue

Yeah I think at this point, with the fact the little amounts Wii U is selling being largely made up of what seems to be hardcore Nintendo fans, the best thing Nintendo can do is to pander to us to keep us sweet. We're more or less they're life line in the console space at the moment.

Things like Metroid and a Mother 3 would go a long way in keep us on the platform I'm sure, and they'd no doubt sell decently. Don't even need to be expensive, as you say.

Mother 3 is already made, they just gonna work on the localization. Another thing they could do(which i really doubt it) is reintroduce Mother 3 as a 3DS game in order to sell it as a brand new game instead of a cheap GBA title.

Man i really want to play a legit version of this game, i finished it on an emulator but nothing like playing a legit version of a game.

Stampy

Its Verendus thats gonna be dissapointed. I think there's only 3 people (including me) who pm'd him for his bet.. You guys are lame.

Anyway, why arent we talking about MediaMolecule?? If Sony is gonna have a big Morpheus focus, I'm pretty sure MM new game will be THE main killer game for morpheus. I really am hoping for something crazy and unique.

Looks like noone cares about MediaMolecule :(

Yep I am extra hyped! I was not certain if I should stay awake, but now I am willing to be useless next day at work due to no sleep in order to see their game revealed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom