• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

spats

Kaz Yamauchi comes on stage in a robot suit to announce Omega Boost: The 4Kning. Demo included with GT Sport, which launches during the conference.

Ray Down

Banned
Sony will announce the cancellation of all their realistic cinematic games and their reshuffled focuses.

They will announce plans to acquire more Japanese development teams and sell off unneeded studios such as Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Guerrilla.

Naughty Dogs entire staff will be working on both Crash and Jak.

Japan Studio will go all in on a high budget Ape Escape remake/reboot, as well as the creation of their own JRPG series.

BELIEVE

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Fucking terrible.

vareon

Just give me this, Square:

- Company logo;
- Black Screen;

And then

bQSbpRB.gif

The internet would implode

Yeah, I'd like a Chrono Trigger Collection for Switch too. $40 is a great price.

I'd be down for some Battlefront gameplay. Would be really great to see anything from Viscerals Star Wars at this point...

I think seeing Visceral's Star Wars game would actually make my E3. I'm chomping at the bit for that game... Just need someone to make a true Star Wars single player RPG now.

I think seeing Visceral's Star Wars game would actually make my E3. I'm chomping at the bit for that game... Just need someone to make a true Star Wars single player RPG now.

I think there's a strong chance it'll be there. Hennig has been with Visceral for just over 3 years at this point and I believe it was in development before she joined. I reckon they'll be aiming for a late 2018 launch alongside the Han Solo film, so now would be a reasonable time to reveal it. It's probably going to be different enough to Battlefront II that EA will be open to having both games at their conference.

I think there's a strong chance it'll be there. Hennig has been with Visceral for just over 3 years at this point and I believe it was in development before she joined. I reckon they'll be aiming for a late 2018 launch alongside the Han Solo film, so now would be a reasonable time to reveal it. It's probably going to be different enough to Battlefront II that EA will be open to having both games at their conference.

Hope so, looking forward to seeing it :)

NotUS

• Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
  • 4A Games trailer (Metro developers)
  • Red Dead 2 gameplay trailer

I know I will get none of these.

Cepheus

Give me some great Switch games. I know F-Zero won't happen, but I really want it to. 30-player online races!

obligatory half life 3

Xiofire

Just going to quote myself from the Xbox E3 Presentation thread

I'm still pretty confident Scorpio will be called the Xbox One X.

It fits with the current branding with the Xbox One S, keeps it in the same product "family" by not distancing itself from the Xbox One brand, and best of all...

What's the abbreviation?

That's right...

X Box One X

XBOX.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

You heard it here first.

Apathy

I just want each of the but three to have a good show and give gamers reasons to own their systems (games).

On a personal note, bloodborne 2 would be like the one thing I want. It probably won't happen but that's my e3 dream (but they better have bought out that fan logo design, cause that was amazing)

Just_one

Sony :
Spiderman PS4 Exclusive Release Date
Bloodborne 2 Trailer
Uncharted : The Lost Legacy Gameplay
Horizon Zero Dawn DLC
God Of War Gameplay and Release Date
New Tomb Raider Trailer
Detroit Release Date
marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
Days Gone Release Date
Destiny 2 Gameplay
New Sucker Punch Game Announcement

EA :
New Bioshock Teaser
New Fifa 18 Gameplay
New Need for Speed Gameplay

Ubisoft :
Assassins Creed Origins Gameplay and release date
New Spinter Cell
New Rayman or Rayman 1 HD with co-op

Microsoft :
New Fable
Left For dead 3 teaser
sea of thieves release date
Shadow of war game play (Middle Earth Sequel)
Crackdown 3 Release Date and Gameplay
Rocksteady´s New game Announcement
Forza 7 Release Date

Assassin's Creed is going to open the show for Ubisoft. I'm fairly sure it's coming out around November 17th. I think the modern day stuff is going to play a slightly bigger role than it did in the last few games.

I feel like Sony is going to open their show with God of War again. I also think we're going to get the release date, which is also going to be mid-November. There's also going to be a racing game at the show. I don't think it's Project Cars 2, either. Surprisingly, they're going to push PSVR a bit more. I think the price comes down, too.

Days Gone also shows up and there's a live demo, too. It's going to showcase the story and co-op stuff. I'm not sure that's coming out this year.

Starfield

in no particular order:

EA:

-Fifa 18 to be shown, spending way too much time on talking about sports
-New Madden
-Battlefield 1: In the Name of Tzar DLC gameplay Trailer w/ playable booth/livestreams after Show
-New Game Announcement
-New Indipendent Game Announcement
-Battlefront 2 gameplay + Trailer >playable booth/livestreams after conference
-more Lucasarts Projects
-Mass Effect: Andromeda first DLC Trailer
-Sports
-more sports

Microsoft:
-Scorpio to be unveiled (399$ Price)
-game XY "running on Scorpio"
-New IP announcement
-3rd Party exclusive
-Forza 7 announcement + gameplay
-Crackdown 3 Trailer + gameplay + beta announcement + rel. date
-Sea of Thieves Story Trailer + bossfight gameplay - beta announcement + rel. date
-Halo Movie Trailer (in Theaters 2018)
-Possible 2nd new IP
-State of Decay 2 gameplay Trailer + release date (more info after Show)
-Phil Speech
-Phil changes Shirt mid-show
-Xbox Live talks + new Feature announcements

Bethesda:
-Dishonored 2: DLC announcement + Trailer
-TES:Online new Features, some talk about Morrowind
-Fallout 4 VR
-Wolfenstein 2
-Evil Within 2
-Possible new BGS IP annoucement (alltough I find it unlikely but one can hope)
-Elderscrolls Legends talk
-new moba game announcement

If this one thing I want more than anything it's inFAMOUS 3. I feel like sucker punch really dropped the ball with Second Son (First Light wasn't too bad though, just alright, still enjoyed them both) but it just didn't feel the same without cole :/ iF3 has potential to be the best iF game ever created. I'm talking about time travel. Just go fucking nuts with it in the story. Bring the series full circle, resurrect cole (as the main char) bring kessler back (somehow) hell even have two coles at the same time, good and evil. iF3 is still ways off but we can wait. No hurry for it. Would be nice to see something at E3 about it but doubt it now that they're working on a new IP which is fair enough.

Paradicia

Next Gen Splinter cell w/ Amon Tobin doing the soundtrack and Michael Ironside back doing the voice of Sam Fisher. I would probably spontaneously combust.

Some Nobody

Since we're less than 24 hours away from the first E3 presentation, I wanted to do one last list, complete with reasoning and percentages.

1.) Starfield: Its been rumored for years now but they had to get Fallout 4 out first. If this game was in pre-production until FO4 came out, it'll have had two years to get developed. Its possibly Wolfenstein gets announced and TEW gets pushed into next year if they're only showing two new games, but then again they could simply show three.

Likelihood of Apperance: Forty percent. As much as I want this, and despite that cute little thing someone did where they acted like the word Starfield was drawn out on that Bethesdaland image, I just think this is something they announce at next year's show.

2.) Star Wars: Visceral: Its scheduled for 2018, and EA loves showing games early. A sneak peek at this title along with a release date would make the show for me. They built hype for Battlefront 2 last year, why not build hype for Visceral's game this year?

Likelihood of Appearance: Eighty percent. It's not a shoo-in, but I'd be pretty shocked if it wasn't there on any level when they already showed a brief clip of it last year.

3.) Rocksteady's new IP: It's been two years since Arkham Knight dropped, and there's no chance Batman VR was a product that required the whole team. I could see this game coming out in 2019 so they could start hyping us up about it now. Hopefully it's either Superman or Justice League, or something superhero-related even if its an original IP.

Likelihood of Appearance: Thirty percent. Ultimately this feels too soon for RS to pop up again, and next year feels much more likely in my opinion, if they don't reveal the game's existence sometime after this E3 but before the next.

4.) Dragon's Dogma 2: It feels coincidental that they revealed a current-gen Dragon's Dogma port right around E3 season. Capcom could show off the upgraded Dragon's Dogma 2 alongside the rumored Super Street Fighter V (lol) and Monster Hunter 5 and probably have more hype surrounding them than they have in years honestly. Maybe they reworked Deep Down into this? I can't imagine why you wouldn't just take advantage of an IP that's already got some heat behind it in the first place.

Likelihood of Appearance: Twenty percent. I think DD2 might be in the works, but I also think its an end of the gen appearance like its big brother was.

5.) Tales of: If Sony's doing a major push for Japanese titles, it wouldn't be bad for them to give this a shot. Berseria actually didn't too badly over here when you look at a Sony chart for NPD sales, so the right hype behind this might take the next game to superior heights. Or it could be at Nintendo's 22 minute conference to prove they've got third-party support.

Likelihood of Appearance: Ten percent. Unless they put some serious marketing effort into this one, I just don't see it. I think Code Vein is their "big" RPG for 2018 Stateside, and the next Tales hits in 2019 for us.

6.) Fire Emblem Switch: Honestly the only reason I think we might not see this is because Nintendo is pretty set on only showing games that are JUST about to come out. But they already mentioned it during the FE Direct in February, and they'll be talking about Fire Emblem Warriors here too so maybe they'll fit it in anyway. I just need a title and a bit of a glimpse at what it looks like on the Switch and I'll shut up.

Likelihood of Appearance: Seventy percent. Fire Emblem Warriors is the perfect segue into talking about FE Switch, so I can only imagine they drop it because the Direct is only twenty two minutes and they're REALLY centered around keeping you looking at 2017 only.

7.) Final Fantasy XVI: This is Square's thing now, they might as well lean into it. Final Fantasy XV's done and dusted, so you have to have something on XVI by now. You don't even need much, just a one minute trailer and a title is plenty IMO. A small part of me wants this because I wanna see who freaks, but mostly I just want to see what the first new single-player FF in over a decade looks like now.

Likelihood of Appearance: With Square you never know, so split it right down the middle and say 50-50. I will make another bold prediction and say within the next twelve months (here, PSX, or at E3 2018) we WILL learn of this game's existence. They can't help themselves.

8.) Spider-Man: The most interesting game at last year's show, no comparison. Fortunately...

Likelihood of Appearance: 100 percent. The only thing to wonder is if this game could actually come out this year (lol) or not.

9.) Sucker Punch's New IP: I quite enjoyed Second Son. Delsin was more interesting to me than Cole and Seattle was a beautiful city, displaying Sucker Punch's wizardry with then next-gen technology. They've had years to work since then, and the sequel isn't due out until 2019 at the earliest I'm guessing. Still, Sony likes showing stuff early and they've got very little new stuff in the tank right now so they need this.

Likelihood of Appearance: 70 percent. Sony's not going to let the show go by without anything new, and this has been in the works a long time now. They'll give us a trailer with a title at the end and no date, and we'll spend two months combing over it then another 10 begging for new information.

10.) Western Fantasy RPG: There hasn't been a decent AAA one since The Witcher 3, and no Shadow of War doesn't count, even though I'm getting it anyway. For sure somebody's been working on one, but hopefully that somebody is actually read to show it.

Likelihood of Appearance: Forty percent or so. Techland's got one for sure that they might be ready to show off, but outside of that I don't know anyone that's doing one yet so I'm just crossing my fingers at the moment.

Aaaand that's it. I shook my magic eight ball and the ten games I want the most are almost all really iffy shows. E3 2018'll be much kinder to me, I'd think.

grimmiq

Decided to make a bingo card for the first time, at least for Sony.

Moved some things around, some lines were a bit too easy. All of this is for the streamed showcase, not booths,youtube trailers released after, or e3 as a whole.

CazTGG

Hopes:
Advance Wars 5: 2D sprites like previous games. It's been far too long
New Metroid: We know Nintendo's been developing two for some time now, it's likely one of them will be unveiled at this year's E3.
Beyond Good & Evil 2...acknowledgement: It's unlikely the game itself will be shown off sans-CG teaser given Ancel's comments but one would imagine the gaming press will push for some form of acknowledgement of the cult classic's sequel given Ubisoft formally announced it's in development last year.

Dreams:
Vita successor: 1080p screen, with AMD CPU + GPU; will be compatible with the PS4 like the Vita before it. This one would admittedly be redundant given that the Switch and Smach-Z are both poised to take over the position of what the Vita eventually became once first-party support dried up, but it'd be great to see Sony take another crack at a handheld, hopefully learning from the Vita's many massive mistakes.
The World Ends With You Too: Announced for the 3DS, coming Fall 2017 (JP). Highly unlikely given Nomura's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3 and the 3DS being months away from its death bed, but it's just about the last time such a game could exist as a sequel to the original rather than the iOS port.
F-Zero Switch: For whatever reason, there's been a lot of F-Zero-esque games on or scheduled to hit the Switch (Fast RMX, Redout)

Predictions:
Fire Emblem Switch: Will be given a proper title and CG-heavy teaser like Awakening & Fates
Microsoft continues its gradual transition into a PC developer: Rare Replay, along with other previously Xbone exclusives are announced to be hitting PC, culminating with the reveal of Halo 6 coming to PC with "Legacy Map Pack" pre-order bonuses.
Something screws up at EA's press conference. Self-explanatory.
Ubiart sequel: Most likely Child of Light 2 is teased for a Fall 2018 release.

paulogy

Hopes:
Lots more gameplay footage of PlayStation games: Detroit, Dreams, Days Gone, God of War, Wild, Hellblade, Spider-Man etc.

Dreams:
PlayStation Home re-emerges as a PSVR title
PlayStation All Stars re-emerges as a third person hero shooter using the U4 Multiplayer code
PSP re-emerges as a tiny shrunk down PS4 that is 100% compatible with all PS4 games :-D

Predictions:
Xbox Scorpio will launch for $399. While good news, many will consider this a "megaton" and the sole reason Xbox "won" E3, neglecting everything else, as if it was a total surprise. It isn't.

Hope everyone has an awesome E3!

paulogy

I know you said third person but I would so be down for a PS Overwatch clone

Maybe, but the whole point of a mascot-battle game is to be able to see the mascots, though :)

I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer was actually really good and it would be a good re-use of that code with probably minimal effort to add characters, levels, and movesets from other franchises. Honestly the licensing would probably be the most difficult part. And when you think about many of the most noteworthy PlayStation characters, most of them were already in third person action games, or would at least map easily into that space.

I think the biggest problem with the original PSASBR was how out-of-place some of the characters felt since the 2.5D brawl environment was foreign to nearly all of them.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I honestly dont know what to expect from this E3. I feel like i either know all the games or have already gotten my wishlist from prior E3s. Hoping for some surprises that i wasnt anticipating.

Hopes:
  • Tons of Switch ports of Wii & Wii U games.
  • Xenoblade 2 gets a British dub.
  • Agents of Mayhem gets good impressions(I believe in Volition)
  • Sega announces ports/remasters of un-ported Arcade, Saturn, and Dreamcast titles such as Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder, Astal and Skies of Arcadia.
  • Soulcalibur VI announced.

Dreams:

• Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards 3DS port announced.
  • Smash Switch: Haltmann, Ganon(the pig villain), Prince Fluff characters announced;
    Dungeonman, Shiver Star Factory, all Smash 4 3DS stages announced.
  • KonoSuba RPG gets English localization and PC release.
  • Red Faction remake announced.
  • New Streets of Rage game by Ancient(made up of old SoR devs)
  • Touhou games from TH06 to the current installment announced for Steam and GOG.
Predictions:
  • Smash Bros. Switch
  • New Splatoon 2 Single Player details
  • Nintendo's online service to be better than expected.
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colossus announced.
  • New Shovel Knight game and/or new Yacht Club game announced.
  • Zelda BotW DLC

Top Bottom