• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GIF time!

Medalion

Banned
Animated gifs start off, at least for me, as short video clips... edit the original small video clip to include the text you want, and then get the program you use to convert that video clip to smaller individual frame pics, and make it into a gif

RagnarokX

i2lxtV5ZgsXfz.gif

RagnarokX

Most of the gifs I've made have been lost. They were on tinypic and when neoGAF banned tinypic the links expired. The original files were on an old computer.

Jintor

I never thought of that.

????

Well do you know how gifs work? It's just a series of images loaded as separate layer files that are coded to show up at designated times. You just load in a text layer that 'floats' over all the other layers and set the timing on and off.

Well do you know how gifs work? It's just a series of images loaded as separate layer files that are coded to show up at designated times. You just load in a text layer that 'floats' over all the other layers and set the timing on and off.

Explain it to me like I'm 2 years old. I understood the first part, then you lost me on the rest.

Either that, or point me in the direction of a better gif-making program than Jasc.

Explain it to me like I'm 2 years old. I understood the first part, then you lost me on the rest.

Either that, or point me in the direction of a better gif-making program than Jasc.

How I do it:

Open your animation in Jasc, then go to "Edit" and select "Propagate Paste"

Next click "New" then create a frame that's the same size as the frames in your animation. When prompted, choose "Transparent" for the background.

In this new frame, use the Text tool to make whatever text you want. Then go to "Edit" and "Copy"

Go back to your animation and hold Ctrl as you click which frames you want the text to appear over. Then right click and Paste into Current Frame. You'll be able to slide the text around to where you want it before pasting.

There's probably a better/less tedious way to do it, but this is just what I've been doing.

ive been trying to find this gif that i saw here.

tis basically the "you underestimate my powers" gif. but it was the whole scene. and the texts would read "dont post it anakin" (regarding a fake article/news)

anyone know this?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who is that guy?

Guy who was a translator for the Final Fantasy rep at Sony's conference. He just looked at his notepad the whole way through so it was declared he "didn't give a fuck". /v/ shopped him into lots of scenes where he was surrounded by chaos and the meme eventually spread here.

Drencrom

Guy who was a translator for the Final Fantasy rep at Sony's conference. He just looked at his notepad the whole way through so it was declared he "didn't give a fuck". /v/ shopped him into lots of scenes where he was surrounded by chaos and the meme eventually spread here.

Not FF, Man Furismo Jive.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When is Nintendo going to deliver all these supposed core games at E3 these gifs keep promising, or is that part of the gag? I guess this year is as good as any?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When is Nintendo going to deliver all these supposed core games at E3 these gifs keep promising, or is that part of the gag? I guess this year is as good as any?

What are you talking about? One gif clearly mentioned Nintendo announcing Wii Music. Bish bash boss they delivered.

Top Bottom