• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Hype Begins.... Who Really Needs to Bring It Hard This E3?

big youth

this is a no brainer to me, it's Sony. the future of their game division hinges on PS4. will they take a loss on a $400 console or are they expecting a $500 console to sell? they're walking a tight rope.

endless pockets give Microsoft almost every advantage. they can release a powerful console for a cheap price and wait for the payoff.

this is an important year for Wii U, but we already know almost exactly what we are getting at E3. the only major surprises will be Retros game and either Wii U Sports or Nintendo Land 2. their E3 lineup is stacked.

kuroshiki

this is a no brainer to me, it's Sony. the future of their game division hinges on PS4. will they take a loss on a $400 console or are they expecting a $500 console to sell? they're walking a tight rope.

endless pockets give Microsoft almost every advantage. they can release a powerful console for a cheap price and wait for the payoff.

this is an important year for Wii U, but we already know almost exactly what we are getting at E3. the only major surprises will be Retros game and either Wii U Sports or Nintendo Land 2. their E3 lineup is stacked.

If this was before the rise of apple and google, I would def agree. But the fact is MS doesn't have that much room to maneuver either.

Raven77

This thread needs about 20x more GIFS and it needs them NOW.

This is my representation of GAF when E3 is only a day or two away.

The large woman is us, the GAG users, the foam cutout represents the GAF server farm...

notachance.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Gaf hold up last E3, didn't it?

Can't remember if off-topic was closed. The avatars were off, though.

Raven77

Dudebro, it crashed hardcore during JUST this recent Playstation Event...this sucker is going to meltdown come June.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

If I remember correctly, Off-Topic was up at all times. The site crashed repeatedly though.

I wonder if the load is gonna be heavier than that for PlayStation Meeting 2013. Nintendo's press conference will most likely see a huge amount of viewers and the thread for it likewise.

All Nintendo and Sony need to do is show more games, and that's basically it. Nintendo especially. 1st party ones.

Microsoft needs to bring it HARD to convince people they need an always online DRM-packed console.

One of the ways that big-companies-with-a-lot-of-money became big-companies-with-a-lot-of-money in the first place is that they don't throw away billions just because they can. Microsoft is a publicly traded company that has to justify its actions to its shareholders.

Nintendo- give me new ip that shows why WiiU is revolutionary. If the best you got has Mario in the title you are in trouble.

MS- Show me you are more than just shooters and kinect. Do not announce anti used games stuff.

Sony- Last Guardian please.Give a better BC plan than nothing.

If ANY of these announce Oculus Rift compatibility they win. Other than that it comes down to games.

Meelow

Banned

I rememeber GAF crashed during the Microsoft press conference a few times.

You're not excited about next-gen reveals?

I was beyond excited for E3 2012, and it disappointed me very bad, especially Nintendo.

This year I rather come in with low expectations than come in with massive expectations.

Top Bottom